Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Jb4 tuning in Australia

Hi peeps

a friend has a n54 I believe with upgraded rb turbo. He has recently added the jb4 but is looking for someone locally to tune it.

any one in Australia tune these? Preferably in Brisbane.

thhanks
    h

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
    Hi peeps

a friend has a n54 I believe with upgraded rb turbo. He has recently added the jb4 but is looking for someone locally to tune it.

any one in Australia tune these? Preferably in Brisbane.

thhanks
    h
    not TOO many people i'm aware of with RB's around here

however, plenty of people on here to help out.. And what you'll want to start is the bms back end flash delivered either via the bimmerboost flash tool or a cobb, if you're wanting to make good power.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You'll need to get in touch with Terry to get the right firmware... and then you'll a backend flash because you can't really tune with a JB4.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We've done a ton of AU cars remotely. For starters load up the appropriate back end flash for the intended fuel and grab a log on map 5 or 7.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Happy to help but i'm in Sydney.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Bayside performance can do Cobb dyno tuning. http://www.bpsautos.com.au/ They charge an hourly rate and I think they tune/run the Sherrin 135i. BTW, I'm running RBs in my 135i and my wife runs Vargas Stage 2s in her 335i (and I'm in Brisbane). Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dontask Click here to enlarge
    Bayside performance can do Cobb dyno tuning. http://www.bpsautos.com.au/ They charge an hourly rate and I think they tune/run the Sherrin 135i. BTW, I'm running RBs in my 135i and my wife runs Vargas Stage 2s in her 335i (and I'm in Brisbane). Click here to enlarge
    I actually know James, that's great news. It's not my car it's a friends and I don't know how a jb4 works. I will send him over to James, thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They do maintain the sherrin 135!.. They don't seem too aware of what the n54 can do/ what's available, and their last update of 'we do custom hybrid turbos' showed numbers close to well tuned stockers lol.. You'd likely get better drivability and performance from the ptf e-tune going by everything i've seen come out of BPS's cobb tuning.

They've also explicitly said they wont touch any of the piggybacks.

can't believe you managed to get your wife to run vargas 2's LOL, very nice :p.. Just curious, since you have both options, which do you think is the better buy?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    can't believe you managed to get your wife to run vargas 2's LOL, very nice :p.. Just curious, since you have both options, which do you think is the better buy?
    Not hard to do. Just purchased the parts and had the mechanics at Westside do it during an oil change. I was on the original preorder list so the VTT turbos are Stage2 Batch 1, not batch 2. My car feels faster but it has more mods and different transmission (mines manual). I'm not good at consistently quick gear changes, so when we race from a dig, she keeps up just fine. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not hard to do. Just purchased the parts and had the mechanics at Westside do it during an oil change.
    hahahahahaha smooth.

makes sense though, can't really compare apples to apples.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They do maintain the sherrin 135!.. They don't seem too aware of what the n54 can do/ what's available, and their last update of 'we do custom hybrid turbos' showed numbers close to well tuned stockers lol.. You'd likely get better drivability and performance from the ptf e-tune going by everything i've seen come out of BPS's cobb tuning.

hey! I would run Vargas if I could afford it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

BPS refuse to touch any of the piggyback options or go near meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW86 Click here to enlarge
    BPS refuse to touch any of the piggyback options or go near meth.
    meth i kinda understand with the old days of washer bottles burning down cars.. and the whole 'more illegal than basically any other mod and also toxic' thing.. and piggy's from the early days where they weren't as advanced as today

But as it is, i don't entirely understand, just shooing away business. They seem a fair way behind the 8-ball in terms of platform development.. last time i spoke to them about the vargas upgraded twins and singles, they wouldn't even believe it... They flat out said 'hell no' to doing my swap (understandable enough) and were tepid towards the rebuild.
    boop