Close

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I'd just email Tony and ask him, but he said before the kit would be complete for everything you need except no upgraded intercooler and chargepipe I believe.
    9k is no intercooler and no charge pipe so anther 1100.00 to 1300.00 for a good custom front mount and charge. pipe unless the kit was built to use a replacement upgrade intercooler and bms charge pipe kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Turbo kits that come with intercoolers, etc are almost always for cars that do not come factory turbocharged. No one is going from stock to a stage 3 turbo kit. They are are 99.9% already going to be FBO, and if they are not than no, our kit is not going to include FBO parts. We are selling a high quality turbo kit with everything you need to make big numbers, but we are not including parts to bring you up to FBO if you are not already there. Also this kit still sits at $7999 which is honestly too cheap. Its the best deal in the N54 turbo kit world right now. After this first run, if there is more interest, the price is going to go up. I am not sure how much, but at least a few hundred dollars to make this something we actually want to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Amen! Preach! Tony I totally agree with your statements. We still don't know max power for your kit and it still has awesome numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the info Tony i was just curious on what all was included and what would need to be sourced Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cloakedm3 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the info Tony i was just curious on what all was included and what would need to be sourced Click here to enlarge
    Its a complete kit. You get everything you need to bolt the kit on the car and run it, I will provide a detailed list when we get closer. Tune choice is up to you, as are remainder of the mods done to the car, obviously you are going to want to run a beefier clutch, and if you are for some reason stock, then yes, you should invest in a good charge pipe BOV combo, and FMIC. We also suggest, an LSD and upgraded axles if you are going to try to launch the car hard. Our shop stage 3 car, had a Helix FMIC, HKS CP and BOV, and a custom South bend clutch, thats it. No LSD, or axles and it put up with a LOT of hard abuse. But we never tried to launch the car hard from a dig.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    M3 pricing? Go price out a Hellion TT kit for a 5.0 mustang...here I'll do it for you this is just what quality kits costs, and honestly it's pretty fair. BTW, I already have a badass singe turbo kit so prices don't bother me, just want to see the kits stick around so that maybe I can line up with one in the future

2011-14 Mustang GT twin turbo kit

Tuner price (you supply tune) - $7,495
    Complete price (with tune and injetors)- $8,495

Options pertaining to BOTH above kits below- at minimum heat blanket and ball bearing upgrade which means $9,835 and they're still Precision turbos, not Garrett GTX.

Ball Bearing Upgrade
    $1,200
    64mm Precision CEA Billet turbos (Ball Bearing Only)
    $2,100
    67mm CEA Billet wheel turbos $1,050
    Turbosmart E boost 2 boost controller $557.99
    Turbosmart E boost Street boost controller
    $314.99
    AEM wide band O2 kit $220
    Black ceramic coating of downpipe assemblies and wastegate discharge pipes $675
    Turbo heat blanket $140 ea.
    2000° heat wrap (25 feet) $40
    Deatschwerks 95lb Fuel Injector Upgrade
    $400
    Domestic pricing is not relevant and never will be in comparison to tuning BMW's.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Domestic pricing is not relevant and never will be in comparison to tuning BMW's.
    lol, I think I made my point.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    hard parts are the same. but software and tuning hurdles are more complicated then dommestic. just my opinion though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Turbo kits that come with intercoolers, etc are almost always for cars that do not come factory turbocharged. No one is going from stock to a stage 3 turbo kit. They are are 99.9% already going to be FBO, and if they are not than no, our kit is not going to include FBO parts. We are selling a high quality turbo kit with everything you need to make big numbers, but we are not including parts to bring you up to FBO if you are not already there. Also this kit still sits at $7999 which is honestly too cheap. Its the best deal in the N54 turbo kit world right now. After this first run, if there is more interest, the price is going to go up. I am not sure how much, but at least a few hundred dollars to make this something we actually want to do.
    lol I'm bone stock. I'm .1% Click here to enlarge

but i haz a $#@! ton of parts laying around
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cloakedm3 Click here to enlarge
    hard parts are the same. but software and tuning hurdles are more complicated then dommestic. just my opinion though
    We all know it's not the hardware but the market size, competition, software, etc.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @VargasTurboTech sorry if I missed it but what made you go with a twin setup instead of single? any chance of you making a single turbo kit in the near future?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jlcf22 Click here to enlarge
    VargasTurboTech sorry if I missed it but what made you go with a twin setup instead of single? any chance of you making a single turbo kit in the near future?
    Not sure why single over double, but I'm pretty sure Tony stated there would no N54 single turbo from VTT. Which makes complete sense now that FFTEC is selling the N54-ST manifold separately, a few people have already had their own custom fabricated, and PTF planning on releasing one in for both the N54/N55 in the near future.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jlcf22 Click here to enlarge
    @VargasTurboTech sorry if I missed it but what made you go with a twin setup instead of single? any chance of you making a single turbo kit in the near future?
    Probably because it hadn't been done yet, and it's better in many ways than single turbo. Major drawback is usually price and packaging sending people down the single route.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Probably because it hadn't been done yet, and it's better in many ways than single turbo. Major drawback is usually price and packaging sending people down the single route.
    Not to mention that twin turbo fits into the native way the DME works, by seeing two banks of 3 cylinders. I'm still not convinced that fuel trims stay nice and stable over time with the single turbo setups.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Not to mention that twin turbo fits into the native way the DME works, by seeing two banks of 3 cylinders. I'm still not convinced that fuel trims stay nice and stable over time with the single turbo setups.
    Good point on keeping bank 1 and 2 separate. Has anyone done any sort of analysis on long-term trim behavior with a single manifold merging to the turbo?
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Good point on keeping bank 1 and 2 separate. Has anyone done any sort of analysis on long-term trim behavior with a single manifold merging to the turbo?
    Not that i am aware of, all single turbo guys who have cared to respond to my inquires have just said "everything is great, Vishnu is god, i pray to thee."

I suspect Terry will be able to give us some great feedback over time. He talked about having the JB4 automatically reset lambda adaptations every time the car is started if the trims were indeed an issue. There is logic in the DME to check the health of the 02's and to confirm everything checks out.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is the maximum psi that holds the BOV oem n54? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    What is the maximum psi that holds the BOV oem n54? Click here to enlarge
    However many PSI it takes to blow it off the car and into the garbage. Never ever run those things with anything beyond stock boost levels which is less than 10 lbs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    However many PSI it takes to blow it off the car and into the garbage. Never ever run those things with anything beyond stock boost levels which is less than 10 lbs.
    I have oem DV with RB turbos and havenīt had any problems (21psi)
    perhaps, to assert these for V67 .......
    Last edited by cupra; 02-27-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    I have oem DV with RB turbos and havenīt had any problems (21psi)
    perhaps, to assert these for V67 .......
    Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, the stock DV's are WELL known to leak above 10-15 psi. Just because you are running them does not mean they are not leaking. Do NOT run stock DV's with a stage 3 kit. Period

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Smile

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, the stock DV's are WELL known to leak above 10-15 psi. Just because you are running them does not mean they are not leaking. Do NOT run stock DV's with a stage 3 kit. Period
    Incorrect. They are not well known to leak. There have been mass speculation, but testing has shown otherwise.

Anecdotally, I've bench tested my DVs on both of my n54s and they hold 30psi without opening. Now, the DV couplers (where they join the CP do leak at high pressure, but this is easily remedied via larger O-ring seals or aftermarket CP both of which I've tested to work on my cars. YMMV).
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Incorrect. They are not well known to leak. There have been mass speculation, but testing has shown otherwise.

Anecdotally, I've bench tested my DVs on both of my n54s and they hold 30psi without opening. Now, the DV couplers (where they join the CP do leak at high pressure, but this is easily remedied via larger O-ring seals or aftermarket CP both of which I've tested to work on my cars. YMMV).
    Yes, totally. Your tests on your one set of DV's proves without a shadow of a doubt the stock DV's can take up to 30 PSI, and that they are not known to leak. Ok guys, sure go ahead run stock DV's on your N54's doesn't matter what set up you are running, from stockers, to a singles, to stage 3. Enjoy chasing down boost leaks. I will get back to more productive matters, instead of entertaining the thought that people might actually consider buying an $8K turbocharger system and leave junk plastic DV's in place...Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 02-27-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Thats great, I am also sure you can find plenty of data on the stock tires, suspension, brakes, you name on the N54, BMW did a thorough job with the OE equipment on that car and it works well. With that being said, just leave it all as it is, why would you upgrade anything if it works just fine stock? That leaving stock DV's on a single or stage 3 style turbo kit is even a discussion is honesty embarrassing for the entire platform. Real talk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Thats great, I am also sure you can find plenty of data on the stock tires, suspension, brakes, you name on the N54, BMW did a thorough job with the OE equipment on that car and it works well. With that being said, just leave it all as it is, why would you upgrade anything if it works just fine stock? That leaving stock DV's on a single or stage 3 style turbo kit is even a discussion is honesty embarrassing for the entire platform. Real talk
    Lulz... Just sharing info relax. Use this info as you wish.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast