Close

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Do you have no one somewhat local that can fab a turbo manifold?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jake1829 Click here to enlarge
    True, would love to have some sort of options
    Willing to be a tester for any vendor who wan't to develop for the RHD market Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jake1829 Click here to enlarge
    True, would love to have some sort of options
    Willing to be a tester for any vendor who wan't to develop for the RHD market Click here to enlarge
    Problem is, we have no access to RHD cars out here. If one of you guys wants to ship us a RHD car, I promise you we will make you guys a kit that's good for 600-800 WHP. All it takes is the time, now that we are working with a fabrication company that wants to get $#@! done, skies the limit. We build the first one and they knock the production out...Click here to enlarge

1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA, 90631
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    man this is making me want to pick up a 335i on the side and slap on some Stage 3 turbos! Either that or patiently wait for you guys to finish developing an upgraded turbo option for the N20/N26 Click here to enlarge

-Frank
    Click here to enlarge
    Sean Singh | Sean@modbargains.com | (714) 582-3330 x 8009
    We Specialize In: BMW Parts In Stock | BMW Wheels Experts | BMW Brakes | BMW Suspension | VMR Wheels Experts | Cobb AccessPORT N54 In Stock | Avant Garde Wheels In Stock | BMW Headlights Fast Shipping | BMW Exhaust
    Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
    Check out our BLOG for the latest updates and discounts!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quick little update. When I dropped the kit off, I suggested making the rear DP 2 piece for ease of installation due to the 5 bolt flanges on the turbos. John took it step further and now both DP's will be 2 piece design, making fitment a breeze. Just bolt the flanges to the turbos on the bench before installation, and install. once they are in and bolted down you can then connect the other half to finish the DP install, this also give you a little adjustability when mounting the DP's to the exhaust as you can rotate the bottom half on the vbands to get the best fit. Doc Race isn't messing around and is getting things done quickly! Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that's a great idea!
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome! Anything to make the install easier is a plus! If doc is interested I'd be willing to bring my car up to them so they can make sure stage 3s will fit on a 135 without having to bust out a sledge hammer. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Awesome! Anything to make the install easier is a plus! If doc is interested I'd be willing to bring my car up to them so they can make sure stage 3s will fit on a 135 without having to bust out a sledge hammer. Click here to enlarge
    Not a bad idea. Once they get one full kit completed to where they are satisfied, they are going to ship it to me, and I am going to test install it on the shop car, looking for any fitment issues. Once we do that we can send it back and they can test it on the your 135 if they up for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not a bad idea. Once they get one full kit completed to where they are satisfied, they are going to ship it to me, and I am going to test install it on the shop car, looking for any fitment issues. Once we do that we can send it back and they can test it on the your 135 if they up for it.
    Sounds good! Come hell or high water I'm gunna shoe horn these $#@!'s on my car. But I'm sure you'll sell more kits if its a direct fit on both 335's and 135's. Happy to help Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet, now you can make a lower dp that is 3" all the way through for people like me that had 3" mid pipes.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Sweet, now you can make a lower dp that is 3" all the way through for people like me that had 3" mid pipes.
    While i don't have 3" midpipes I was thinking the same exact thing. I love seeing these updates.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if i were to get any kit this would be the kit id purchase.. the black friday sale was the perfect oppurtunity
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    5 Bolt flanges bring back painful memories of sheared bolts. Is there not enough room to have the downpipe connection to turbine outlet be entirely vband? If not, i would suggest selling the kit with a stud and nut conversion for the 5 bolt flange. Attempting to fix a cross threaded bolt on the car is a PITA, especially with the lack of room the N54 offers. Much easier to just replace the studs, not to mention getting nuts on a stud is easier than lining up and inserting a bolt into the housing.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    5 Bolt flanges bring back painful memories of sheared bolts. Is there not enough room to have the downpipe connection to turbine outlet be entirely vband? If not, i would suggest selling the kit with a stud and nut conversion for the 5 bolt flange. Attempting to fix a cross threaded bolt on the car is a PITA, especially with the lack of room the N54 offers. Much easier to just replace the studs, not to mention getting nuts on a stud is easier than lining up and inserting a bolt into the housing.
    Not sure of you are paying attention, the DP's are going to be 2 pieces so the 5 bolt flanges are not installed while the turbos on on the car, they are done on the bench and DP assembly is finished after installation. We would love to have a V band connection straight to the housing with no adapter as there is ZERO room for two adapters, problem is no Garrett GT28 turbine housing that is Vband in and out with an internal gate set up exists. Every last effort has been made by both parties to make the install as painless as possible, if it were possible to have direct Vband to housing DP's they would be on there, trust us. The 2 piece DP's are a good way to avoid the pain of installing 5 bolt flanges with the turbos on the car, if the installer cross threads bolts with the turbos on the bench, he shouldn't be doing the install...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Not sure of you are paying attention, the DP's are going to be 2 pieces so the 5 bolt flanges are not installed while the turbos on on the car, they are done on the bench and DP assembly is finished after installation. We would love to have a V band connection straight to the housing with no adapter as there is ZERO room for two adapters, problem is no Garrett GT28 turbine housing that is Vband in and out with an internal gate set up exists. Every last effort has been made by both parties to make the install as painless as possible, if it were possible to have direct Vband to housing DP's they would be on there, trust us. The 2 piece DP's are a good way to avoid the pain of installing 5 bolt flanges with the turbos on the car, if the installer cross threads bolts with the turbos on the bench, he shouldn't be doing the install...Click here to enlarge
    Nope, i wasn't paying attention Tony. Thanks for clearing that up, $#@!wad.

For anyone considering the kit, do yourself a favor and buy a stud conversion kit for those 5 bolt flanges, they are seriously a pain in the ass.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Nope, i wasn't paying attention Tony. Thanks for clearing that up, $#@!wad.

For anyone considering the kit, do yourself a favor and buy a stud conversion kit for those 5 bolt flanges, they are seriously a pain in the ass.
    I will just have to chime in here, if the person cant install 10 bolts on the bench without issues and needs studs to do so, again they shouldn't be doing the install. The amount of 5 bolts flanges I have installed in my life is in the multiples of hundreds, doing so on the bench is piece of cake, doing so on the car with zero room is infuriating to say the least, many tools will get thrown. I did it on the first install and it was only one side (tools got thrown). The way we are designing it the DP's will install very easily, if you want to buy studs and put them in, go right ahead, good chance they wont clear the downpipes and you will end up using the hardware supplied that has been tested to known to work with the kit. Either way we are making a lot of effort and not cutting corners to make the install as painless as possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    John sent me a few more pics, the DP fitment and location is close to final, he will tweak them a little bit for best fitment and the first set will be ready. Oh there is a pic of some collectors in there too
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks sooo good Tony! Very happy to see the progress, hoping someone in SWFL gets one of these kits so that we can run! haha
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Do you have no one somewhat local that can fab a turbo manifold?
    he's in NZ.. so as long as he's in one of the cities/larger towns, oh hell yes, some top tier talent over there... but just for simplicities sake, a bolt on off the shelf kit is somewhat appealing compared to giving your car to a shop for weeks to get a custom one fabbed lol.

btw can't believe you got another Mitsu >_<
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, it is important that the instalation will see from above the closest thing to oem.
    In Spain we have MOT (roadworthiness) and must go through state review every 2 years (when the car has over 4 years).
    When the car has been 10 years, we must go to the ITV EVERY YEAR!.
    It is important that from above, do not realize you're wearing the modified car, but rather.... they will not let that you drive it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    do not realize you're wearing the modified car
    I always wear a modified car when I'm going out Click here to enlarge

Seriously thought, I think you'll be fine from above. If they look from underneath, they will see that the downpipes are not OEM but I think it will be ok. If not, re-install your stock turbo's for the MOT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd just move hahahaha.

Tony, it is important that the instalation will see from above the closest thing to oem.
    In Spain we have MOT (roadworthiness) and must go through state review every 2 years (when the car has over 4 years).
    It is important that from above, do not realize you're wearing the modified car, but rather.... they will not let that you drive it. Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly, if they check your car every year for modifications and wont let you drive it if its modified, this is not the kit for you. It will be easy to tell the car has been modified. Everything underneath is different, things on top are different. So if this your concern, you should go with a stage 2 style upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Or make a (temp use only) giant plastic "BMW" engine cover that shrouds the whole damn engine bay. Put something about warranty being voided if removed and they should fall for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the solution is to pay an engineer to legalize everything.

this can cost around 600-700 euros and do not open problems itv

in Spain everything is solved pagango
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    in Spain everything is solved pagango
    As it should be.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast