Close

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    First of all, doc race has the freedom to post. Nobody is stopping them from stating what is going on. It reflects poorly on doc race to leave tony to take the brunt of punishment.

I have seen incredible work from doc race. Seriously, jaw dropping stuff on a variety of platforms. However, that doesn't excuse this. Just say it isn't easy. Say something!

First of all, it would be highly unprofessional for doc race to start posting pictures, updates, comments, or ANYTHING regarding this project. This does not reflect badly on DR. All they can do is what was asked of them(I'm assuming here): replicate this kit and build jigs for future orders, please make any improvements you see within reason, and do so in a timely manner. They have no obligation to keep any of us updated and nor should they unless you placed the order directly with DR and asked all communications to be public at which point they would just laugh at you and not take your money. No private company wants potentially sensitive B2B transactions made public.

Tony contacted a contract manufacturer called DR to fabricate the parts for him. 100% B2B. Why the F would DR start posting on forums about it? This kit is 100% Tony's deal. Tony would have to give them permission and even then why would he? Why a business deal between two private companies would ever have the transparency you are requesting is beyond me.

Can you let me know why you think DR has an obligation to update you/us on this? Because unless I missed something this kit it sold and produced by VTT not DR. Just because VTT subs out some of the fab work to DR doesn't mean every vendor he gets parts from for his kit should start posting up private B2B transaction information on this forum.

Maybe we should ask McMasterCarr to post updates for Tony on the hardware he has ordered.
    Last edited by Torgus; 06-04-2014 at 11:37 AM.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    First of all, it would be highly unprofessional for doc race to start posting pictures, updates, comments, or ANYTHING regarding this project. This does not reflect badly on DR. All they can do is what was asked of them(I'm assuming here): replicate this kit and build jigs for future orders, please make any improvements you see within reason. They have no obligation to keep any of us updated and nor should they unless you placed the order directly with DR and asked all communications to be public at which point they would just laugh at you and not take your money. No private company wants potentially sensitive B2B transactions made public.

Tony contacted a contract manufacturer called DR to fabricate the parts for him. 100% B2B. Why the F would DR start posting on forums about it? This kit is 100% Tony's deal. Tony would have to give them permission and even then why would he? Why a business deal between two private companies would ever have the transparency you are requesting is beyond me.

Can you let me know why you think DR has an obligation to update you/us on this? Because unless I missed something this kit it sold and produced by VTT not DR. Just because VTT subs out some of the fab work to DR doesn't mean every vendors he gets parts from for his kit should start posting up private B2B transaction information...

Maybe we should ask McMasterCarr to post updates for Tony on the hardware he has ordered.
    How in the world is communication unprofessional? How is stating, 'Listen guys, sorry it is taking so long but we have this, this, and this to do.'

That would reflect badly? How?

Why in the F shouldn't they let people know what their fabrication entails? Why would I or anyone want to use them?

I think it's in their best interest to show they care, are interested in producing quality parts, and also interact with the community that will be purchasing a lot of what they produce.

Your perspective is completely off IMO.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How in the world is communication unprofessional? How is stating, 'Listen guys, sorry it is taking so long but we have this, this, and this to do.'

That would reflect badly? How?

Why in the F shouldn't they let people know what their fabrication entails? Why would I or anyone want to use them?

I think it's in their best interest to show they care, are interested in producing quality parts, and also interact with the community that will be purchasing a lot of what they produce.

Your perspective is completely off IMO.
    Obviously they understand what a private B2B transaction is and how to handle themselves professionally. That or the fact there is a contract and NDA in place. Which I would hope the two professional companies would have before involving themselves in business together.

Everyone knows they produce quality parts, they have no reason to answer to you. If you feel so strongly about it call them up and demand they start giving you the answers you require, but publicly of course. I think DR will laugh at you asking them to expose private B2B transaction information. But hey what do I know give it a shot.

@DOCRace Sticky says we deserves an update, what gives? He also thinks you need to show you 'care'. His words, not mine.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Obviously they understand what a private B2B transaction is and how to handle themselves professionally. That or the fact there is a contract and NDA in place. Which I would hope the two professional companies would have before involving themselves in business together.
    What exactly is an NDA needed for here? And who would specify in an NDA that you can't tell customers when their product is to be completed?

Everyone knows they produce quality parts, they have no reason to answer to you. If you feel so strongly about it call them up and demand they start giving you the answers you require, but publicly of course. I think DR will laugh at you asking them to expose private B2B transaction information. But hey what do I know give it a shot.
    I'm not the one sitting here complaining about the time. I am the one saying that even a tiny bit of communication from Doc Race may not leave Tony as being the only one who has to answer. Secondly, the hold is up is with Doc Race isn't it? Not Vargas? So...

Sticky says we deserves an update, what gives? He also thinks you need to show you 'care'. His words, not mine.
    I think when your customer service goes a little bit above what is expected the result is generally positive. BMS uses this strategy and don't people say Terry's communication and support keeps them coming back? You think this approach is unprofessional? Um, ok.

I don't think communication would kill anyone. Do they have to do it? No. Would it be appreciated? Yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Everyone please just chill, this has been frustrating for all, starting with the failed first vendor. We brought the project to Doc Race in hopes it would be knocked out quickly, they made amazing progress and still are but realized it was not as easy a project as anticipated. We are working closely with them on getting this done, we are super busy, they are super busy. I honestly need to hire more people, because between, N54 all stages, N55, HPFP, this, our industrial turbos, diesel turbos, me and my guys are over taxed, I am at the shop daily at 4-5am and usually do not leave til after 7. This is not being held up because of lack of hard work, there are many things involved here. Also Doc Rac has no obligation to post any pictures etc, we actually asked them to send us all pictures and updates and we would post, they are doing a great job so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hello Mr. Tony I will give you a call tomorrow keep up the good work

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    you're right. I don't know anything about making anything. I only do production process development for the largest jet engine manufacturer in the world. Carry on.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
    My experience is that this person is excessively negative and constantly willing to criticize others without actually doing anything to benefit the community himself. It's easy to be an $#@! behind a keyboard. A lot easier than to produce a turbo kit.

First of all, doc race has the freedom to post. Nobody is stopping them from stating what is going on. It reflects poorly on doc race to leave tony to take the brunt of punishment.

I have seen incredible work from doc race. Seriously, jaw dropping stuff on a variety of platforms. However, that doesn't excuse this. Just say it isn't easy. Say something!

Tony is on the forum 24/7. Get your refund if you want it. Is he stopping you?

If this is taking a long time to come about perhaps it isn't easy? Maybe just maybe it takes a bit of time and work? But hey, what would anyone know about that. What would anyone know about time and effort. Instead of rewarding persistence and dedication let's tear people down who refuse to quit.

Spoiled brats who have done nothing and never will do anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    you're right. I don't know anything about making anything. I only do production process development for the largest jet engine manufacturer in the world. Carry on.
    Which means you are qualified in the fields of N54 manifold engineering, development, marketing, and sales.

There is no need to be excessively negative when it comes to people doing things to benefit the community. But hey that's your thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Producing the jigs and then blasting through articles should be the easiest and fastest part of the process. The fact that Tony got completely bent over by the original production source totally sucks. I feel for him on that, I really do. I would have probably kept a little closer eye on how the production was going, but you live and learn. I bet he is eagle eyeing doc race's efforts now.

anywho, like I said already, I am just surprised to see another preproduction order offering. I think ptf is doing it the smarter way, but I don't know these guys' financial situations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sometimes people don't want your two cents.

*throws pennies*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Did some more test fitting tonight. DP's fit very nicely, clearance everywhere, nice flex joints, flanges, etc. The 2 piece design makes it SOOOO nice to get these in, no more trying to bolt those damn 5 bolt flanges to the turbo in the car, do it on the bench, and install the whole thing, then putt the bottom sections of the DP's on, very very installer friendly, kit is coming together very very nicely, I think everyone will be happy when it is done...Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks quite nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good stuff Tony. Curious, how will the tuning work with these? Will a PTF tuning package be sold with them, or support from more than one tuner? Any out of the box starter tune?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hope thats my car brother.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like the pictures!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That looks great Tony.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome update Tony! The end is near Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow those look nice!! Click here to enlarge

Fitment looks great too...Good amount of clearance between the pipes and V-Band flange 2 piece design is sick for install...

Cant see the manifolds in the pics but I'm assuming all is well on those too...Congrats its been a long time coming Tony
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just stood up in the middle of a movie and yelled... Woohooo!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^Haha Sammy Click here to enlarge Cant wait until you get your hands on these...Do you still have the E93? Or did you sell it I remember you were planning to get another model for a while
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    ^Haha Sammy Click here to enlarge Cant wait until you get your hands on these...Do you still have the E93? Or did you sell it I remember you were planning to get another model for a while
    I still have the tank, couldn't sell it without loosing my ass… but its getting some nice things done to it Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    I still have the tank, couldn't sell it without loosing my ass… but its getting some nice things done to it Click here to enlarge
    Tank will be moving soon thats for sure! Glad to hear you are still staying busy like always...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge

But c'mon though. Without desiring to be the fastest man on the planet, the hard top is nice for cruising with a potent punch. Better than yo average.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks Tony for the photos.
    It is what we were asking.
    Every day more anxious to have the kit!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Tony for the photos.
    It is what we were asking.
    Every day more anxious to have the kit!!
    That is the spirit.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast