Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

M3 on the Scales / corner balance / percentages

Had the car corner balanced at west end the other day (AMAZING work btw). Was suprised the car (13 e92 m3 dct) weighed in at 3714 lbs w/ me in it.
    I weighed about 176-178. Car had a half tank of gas and all fluids

So car w/ no driver = 3538 (not bad for a fully loaded DCT)

percentages w/ driver are:
    front 52.3%
    rear 47.7%
    left 50.2%
    right 49.8%
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Waohhh, that's super sick. I'd love to go and see my cars weight. How much was it to weigh?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Waohhh, that's super sick. I'd love to go and see my cars weight. How much was it to weigh?
    I don't know. I did a full corner balance/alignment. I'm sure a shop would do it for 20. It's easy
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I don't know. I did a full corner balance/alignment. I'm sure a shop would do it for 20. It's easy
    That corner balance and alignment is something I'd look into as well. How much was that package?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That corner balance and alignment is something I'd look into as well. How much was that package?
    Go to west end it's the best around
    280 well worth it. More than actually.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Go to west end it's the best around
    280 well worth it. More than actually.
    Hell yea, I will brotha. Im gonna get the ST coils in soon so that's gonna happen.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hell yea, I will brotha. Im gonna get the ST coils in soon so that's gonna happen.
    Nice. Congrats!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Had the car corner balanced at west end the other day (AMAZING work btw). Was suprised the car (13 e92 m3 dct) weighed in at 3714 lbs w/ me in it.
    I weighed about 176-178. Car had a half tank of gas and all fluids

percentages w/ driver are:
    front 52.3%
    rear 47.7%
    left 50.2%
    right 49.8%
    This is right around what mine weighs - e90 M3, but I measured mine at a truck stop, so I am sure your reading is much more accurate. Point is, I don't know where magazines get their nonsense data - many of the claim this car weighs what you quoted with you in it... Not sure why that is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My E46 M3 at a cat scale last week weighed in at 3400 exactly. Seems like it was a +/- 20 scale so actual numbers were not to be had but it's a fairly accurate guess because I weighed it last year at another CAT scale and it was 3420. However, though your numbers are incredible. Mine is a fully optioned with NAV Competition package so very very close to yours in variation. Very awesome.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's exactly right on. So sick of hearing people say the M3 weighs 37XX. It's not that heavy.

Who did the corner balancing? Do you have a shot of the weight readout without you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    This is right around what mine weighs - e90 M3, but I measured mine at a truck stop, so I am sure your reading is much more accurate. Point is, I don't know where magazines get their nonsense data - many of the claim this car weighs what you quoted with you in it... Not sure why that is.
    It's because of the BMW quoted weight with luggage and driver. Many magazines don't take the time to actually weigh the cars themselves. Lazy asses...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We corner balance as well, but its not worth it or needed on the street. only hard core track cars need it done.

my E21 is fixin to get even lighter, btw lol Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    We corner balance as well, but its not worth it or needed on the street. only hard core track cars need it done.

my E21 is fixin to get even lighter, btw lol Click here to enlarge
    I agree. I track fairly often.
    I dropped 2.5 seconds with corner balance, fresh alignment, more aggressive brake pads
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yes, but corner balance does not make a street car look correctly sometimes!

corner balance = performance
    street "stance" = aesthetics.
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!