Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I’ve heard the “window closing” argument said for both Brady and Manning for years on end now. It’s quite laughable, honestly. The core of NE’s roster is very young, and very strong. It’s closing in the sense that he doesn’t have 6 years to get another superbowl, for sure. But they’ll be a damn good team next season, assuming relative health. They lost more blue chippers than any team in the league this season- Vollmer, Wilfork, Mayo, Gronkowski. Those aren’t JAGs.

To the other guy, your statement about “a high %, lower distance passing game then the other BIG NAME QBs” is extremely over-simplified, and more importantly false. In both 2010 and ’11 Brady threw more passes, completed more passes, and had a higher YPA on balls that travelled at least 15 yards down field than any of the aforementioned players, save Brees in ’11 when he threw for a billion yards. Brees throws one of the most natural deep balls I’ve ever seen, so if you want to argue that he is a superior deep ball passer, that’s probably correct. But the blanket statement is false. You need to watch more games, it would seem.

In actuality, there are very few offenses that are still built around the vertical ball. The Air Coryell days are more or less over, teams are simply too athletic outside to play run and shoot at the pro level. Hence the emphasis on spreading horizontally, courtesy of the college game. Most “deep balls” are scripted shot plays, if the play isn’t there you have a single check and that’s it.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    I’ve heard the “window closing” argument said for both Brady and Manning for years on end now. It’s quite laughable, honestly.
    It's closing for Brady not Manning. Manning is in the Super Bowl...

It's not laughable it's reality.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's closing for Brady not Manning. Manning is in the Super Bowl...

It's not laughable it's reality.
    I think we can both agree that merely making it to the AFC title game 3 years in a row does not constitute a "steep decline" for a team or player.

It would be akin to me saying "Peyton has 1 superbowl in 13 playoff shots. By %, it's the worst rate in the live ball era. Clearly he's no good".

Nonsense.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean just look at NE's roster top to bottom. Only San Fran is deeper 1-53.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think we can both agree that merely making it to the AFC title game 3 years in a row does not constitute a "steep decline" for a team or player.

It would be akin to me saying "Peyton has 1 superbowl in 13 playoff shots. By %, it's the worst rate in the live ball era. Clearly he's no good".

Nonsense.
    Football is a team sport so making it to the AFC title game doesn't mean your QB isn't declining. He's in decline. It's steep.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Belichick is great, Brady is great

and PEYTON IS GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL

That is all she wrote
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PS Peyton won't beat the Seahawks with YAC. They tackle too well, and have too much range sideline to sideline. He'll have to go over the top. We'll see if he's up to the task, maybe he is. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, Trent Richardson was the 3rd highest grade i've given a back coming out Click here to enlarge
    Lol...good old t-rich. I haven't lost hope for him yet but he just looks hesitant and very slow. I have read that Alabama runs a zone blocking scheme but the Colts are using him in a power blocking scheme now which is why Donald Brown has emerged. Alabama's RBs are huge so everyone thinks they are the 3yds and a cloud of dust kind of guys but I think t-rich as more of an Edgerrin James style runner. Look at the success Lacy is having in Green Bay. Is he just that much better than Richardson or does the scheme make it seem that way? Square peg in a round hole? Thoughts?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Peyton Manning has changed the football is played. He didn't invent the no huddle but he perfected it and that resulted in the rest of the NFL having to follow suit to stay competitive. It has trickled down to the college level and high school.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Lol...good old t-rich. I haven't lost hope for him yet but he just looks hesitant and very slow. I have read that Alabama runs a zone blocking scheme but the Colts are using him in a power blocking scheme now which is why Donald Brown has emerged. Alabama's RBs are huge so everyone thinks they are the 3yds and a cloud of dust kind of guys but I think t-rich as more of an Edgerrin James style runner. Look at the success Lacy is having in Green Bay. Is he just that much better than Richardson or does the scheme make it seem that way? Square peg in a round hole? Thoughts?
    Well I blew it on Richardson, then again the entire scouting community swung and missed on him. SEC backs are tough to scout- the quality of offensive line play varies wildly and there are some defenses that feature real deal NFL talent at all 3 levels. So the projection is larger, much like I am personally somewhat averse to PAC11 quarterbacks. But on tape Richardson showed it all-explosive contact strength, finishing long speed, ideal h/w for the position. To your point though- those Tide lines from -10-12 were absolutely dominant. Like most college 'backs he was running through garage door sized holes.

Alabama runs a variety of zone and simple power concepts, but it's fairly straightforward. You don't see much in terms of pulling tackles or wham blocks by off the line players. There's no need against their "competition".
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just a few more days to go.

I think the New York location is stupid though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    OK folks so what will the score be?

I think the Broncos will get the job done at the end of the day. Hope they go right after Sherman and get test his movement skills-they're marginal. Thomas has the frame and quick feet to get off the line and then make it an athlete's game down the field, I don't think Sherman can handle it for 60 minutes. Doesn't sound like it'll be cold so the Broncos will be able to test them vertically, what they do about Earl Thomas i'm not quite sure but they have something in mind no doubt. Maybe try to get Chancellor pulled out against Julius Thomas, that's a matchup I love if i'm DEN. Percy is the X factor in my mind, he's a stud when healthy and one of the most explosive players in football. The hip is clearly bothering him but he still moves better than everyone on the field.

Should be a good one
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good day here in NY/NJ -

Broncos 27 - 17 Seahawks

Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hope they go right after Sherman and get test his movement skills
    This is what I'm hoping for as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I want the Broncos to win. I really, really want the Broncos to win.

I don't know who will win this thing and it's a coin flip. Seattle's D is pretty damn good

That said, I don't consider Russel Wilson in Manning's class. If anyone can dismantle Seattle's defense it has to be Peyton.

Coin-flip game really.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's so critical D. Thomas keep his head in the game. Talib bullied him early on in the Nov. matchup and he called it a day, Sherman will look to do the same. He can't run with Thomas for 60 minutes, no way no how. So I hope he stays focused.

The Broncos offense will force SEA out of their preferred zone and man under looks. Broncos force you to play a lot more man free than most teams are comfortable playing, the elite QBs are just too good for most zone looks that don't involve exotic exchanges (and elite QBs will pull you out of that with the hurry up, quick count, silent cadence, etc etc). The tactical aspect of this game should be great, I expect DEN to come out on top.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm surprised your not saying the running game will be the deciding factor. That itself can change Sherman's role in the game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm surprised your not saying the running game will be the deciding factor. That itself can change Sherman's role in the game.
    SEA is tough to run on unless you can get out to the edges and get after Irvin. DEN doesn't have much speed outside, both Ball and Moreno are inside one cut and go type guys. I think this game comes down to Percy Harvin's health, and whether DEN can consistently win against straight man. I suspect they'll be able to do the latter. Want to say blowout but who knows.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SEA is tough to run on unless you can get out to the edges and get after Irvin. DEN doesn't have much speed outside, both Ball and Moreno are inside one cut and go type guys. I think this game comes down to Percy Harvin's health, and whether DEN can consistently win against straight man. I suspect they'll be able to do the latter. Want to say blowout but who knows.
    Yeah but what I mean is if Moreno and even Ball can get you a consistent 4-5 per run inside that should really change things especially if one of them breaks away for a big gain. I just feel Seattle is going to really set up against the pass.

I forgot to check the weather wondering if they will be forced to run more today period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah but what I mean is if Morena and even Ball can get you a consistent 4-5 per run inside that should really change things especially if one of them breaks away for a big gain. I just feel Seattle is going to really set up against the pass.

I forgot to check the weather wondering if they will be forced to run more today period.
    If Moreno and Ball can knock off 5 a touch inside, it would totally change the complexion of the game for sure. I just don't see that happening. SEA is one of the least multiple Ds in the league, they play you pretty straight up...so much confidence in Earl Thomas to clean things up on the back end.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha lets miss the snap more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First 15 snaps or so are usually scripted, very much so a feeling things out period to see how the other team wants to match up schematically. Don't worry too much about the "results" at this point, odd as that is to here. Both teams are trying to get their footing.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I saw the Super Bowl. What happened with the Broncos Man?. The #1 offense in the NFL only scored one touchdown?

talk about bad prep and play mechanisms for the game. John Fox should get fired. Bring Shanhan back in Denver

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    What happened with the Broncos Man?
    Nobody knows.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Bring Shanhan back in Denver
    Trust me that's not the answer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Still can't get over what a terrible game that was. It's like after the Safety Denver was shell shocked and couldn't wake up.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast