Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Peyton is the better QB, no question. How about Brady winning a superbowl outside of the spygate scandal?
    That year the NFL put out a league wide memo that year telling the teams to "Knock it off" because all teams were doing it. The Broncos in 2010 were caught doing the same 'spygate' stuff video taping teams practicing. Bringing up spygate isn't really a valid argument imo and saying all of their previous super bowls are now null & void.

No question? Really No question at all? Then why are they always compared? Because they are two of the 10 best QBs to have ever played the game and are still playing today.

Tom Brady Peyton Manning
    3-time Super Bowl Winner 1-time Super Bowl Winner
    5 Super Bowl appearances 2 Super Bowl appearances
    2 Super Bowl MVPs 1 Super Bowl MVP
    Single-Season Touchdown Record (50 touchdowns) 227 Consecutive Starts (Second-best at the quarterback position all-time)

Hmmm more rings, super bowl appearances, superbowl mvps. I like how in the above chart they compare a record that matters like touchdowns in a season vs. being healthy, obviously not fair but an odd thing to compare.

Before you bring up rings don't matter no one would give a $#@! about Jordan if he only had 1 ring. Just like everyone said Lebron was nothing without rings.

Peyton also has I believe 2 more years in the league if you want to talk about current stats like yards, touchdowns, etc.

Who do you want to have the ball with 2m on the clock and a tied game? Brady every time. He is the king of clutch. How you perform in high pressure situations, like the playoffs or last 2m of a close game, is what matters the most, who you can count on.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    My guess would be Peyton is pretty well liked across the nation. But I could see why Pats fans don't like him, he has bad some good battles with Brady.
    Yeah but Brady has a much better record against peyton in both the regular season and post. Isn't the regular season record like 10-4(which is horrible mind you)?

I assume most people hate him because of his idiotic commercials and attitude that his $#@! doesn't stink.

Edit: If you can't tell I really dislike Peyton and am a homer. But come back at me with facts not accusations. I am happy to have this discussion Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Torgus; 01-06-2014 at 05:39 PM.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E91 Stockish and slow AF

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    If NO doesn't beat Seattle this week, SF will beat them next week.
    This just doesn't make sense to me. Seattle is ridiculously good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Yeah but Brady has a much better record against peyton in both the regular season and post. Isn't the regular season record like 10-4(which is horrible mind you)?

I assume most people hate him because of his idiotic commercials and attitude.
    Too bad Brady choked away a perfrect season to Peyton's little brother.

Didn't Peyton beat the 50 touchdown mark this season.

Peyton commercials all hilarious. He was damn good on SNL. You have a major Pats basis, that is all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The Broncos in 2010 were caught doing the same 'spygate' stuff.
    No they weren't. There weren't any 500k fines or destroyed tapes. Nothing anywhere near spygate.

No question? Really No question at all? Then why are they always compared? Because they are two of the 10 best QBs to have ever played the game and are still playing today.
    Because instead of celebrating great players people want to instead rank 'how great' are they.

Hmmm more rings, super bowl appearances, superbowl mvps.
    Terry Bradshaw has four superbowl rings. And? Judging careers based on single games is idiotic especially in a sport where you have how many players on a team?

Peyton also has 2 more years in the league if you want to talk about current stats like yards, touchdowns, etc.
    Peyton is the more consistent and better quarterback. Oh wow Brady has won some playoff games while his coach cheated. Awesome. Good for him. Manning has and will have every f'ing record you can have.

Who do you want to have the ball with 2m on the clock and a tied game? Brady every time. He is the king of clutch. How you perform in high pressure situations, like the playoffs or last 2m of a close game, matters more than stats imo.
    I'd rather have Manning to start the game. He is the more likely of the two to just go into cruise control mode and Brady hasn't looked anywhere near as good this year. It is 2014 isn't it?

Edit: If you can't tell I really dislike Peyton and am a homer.
    That's fine. Peyton Manning is still the better quarterback and football mind. I hope the Patriots meet the Broncos and get trampled.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Didn't Peyton beat the 50 touchdown mark this season.
    Brady eclipsed his by one. He eclipsed Brady by 5. He also didn't have Randy Moss to throw to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Boston and their fans... wtf.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Terry Bradshaw has four superbowl rings. And? Judging careers based on single games is idiotic especially in a sport where you have how many players on a team?
    Exactly.

That is like saying Eli is better than Dan Marino, because he has 2 rings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Exactly.

That is like saying Eli is better than Dan Marino, because he has 2 rings.
    +1028401840183401348130481340

Maybe Robert Horry is better than Charles Barkley too?

It's always Pats fans that bring up the rings because that is their only argument. If it was the other way around they would argue oh but Brady is statistically so much better and football is a team sport.

They will just argue whatever fits at that point without any account for logic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

The Brady vs Manning argument is hysterical now. Manning just had the greatest single season in NFL history, breaking the single season passing yardage record, the single season TD record and the single season completion % record. Manning is arguably the best QB EVER TO PLAY FOOTBALL. Noone thinks that Tom Brady is the best QB ever, they don't even put him in that category. So what he has 3 rings. Just like sticky said, Terry Bradshaw has 4. So. Brady regularly had a better defense and better coaching than Manning had. Manning may retire without ever matching Brady's 3 rings. So what. Marino had 0 and was considered one of the top 3 QB ever to play football.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

This just doesn't make sense to me. Seattle is ridiculously good.
    If people want to argue that SEA has been the best team in football to this point, no argument. But by no means are they a juggernaut, every roster has holes, that’s the nature of the game w/ hard caps and limited ability to restructure.

Let’s think about it

They are obviously outstanding on defense, and offensively they make hay with a fairly traditional power running game.

But their outside players have no speed, and not much size. They lost Rice for the year and Harvin never suited up, as such it’s not a pass catching group you fear. Their O-line is marginal; outside of Okung they aren’t exactly loaded up front.

This is more of a nitpick, but I’ve always felt their secondary was abit over-rated. Sherman has played some tremendous ball, but someday a burner is going to get over the top of him. He lacks speed and movement skills. Earl Thomas makes up for a lot of mistakes on the back end, but he can be manipulated and pulled away from the play. Chancellor is a glorified linebacker. I guess the results are what they are, but I still think that’s a secondary that can be thrown on purely from a personnel standpoint.

OK rant over. Sorry I’m a football junkie and I just discovered this thread.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Who do you want to have the ball with 2m on the clock and a tied game? Brady every time. He is the king of clutch. How you perform in high pressure situations, like the playoffs or last 2m of a close game, is what matters the most, who you can count on.
    From the looks of it either Dan Marino or Peyton Manning.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...gwd_career.htm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I agree with you. I've watched almost every seattle game this year. $#@! I've watched almost every game this year. I watched SEA get their asses kicked in the first half and barely beat TB at home. Not to mention AZ just beat SEA in SEA. You are exactly correct about thier receivers. Slow. They have a very nice home field advantage. They're obviously not unbeatable at home though. I say either NO or SF beats them at their place.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    If people want to argue that SEA has been the best team in football to this point, no argument. But by no means are they a juggernaut, every roster has holes, that’s the nature of the game w/ hard caps and limited ability to restructure.

Let’s think about it

They are obviously outstanding on defense, and offensively they make hay with a fairly traditional power running game.

But their outside players have no speed, and not much size. They lost Rice for the year and Harvin never suited up, as such it’s not a pass catching group you fear. Their O-line is marginal; outside of Okung they aren’t exactly loaded up front.

This is more of a nitpick, but I’ve always felt their secondary was abit over-rated. Sherman has played some tremendous ball, but someday a burner is going to get over the top of him. He lacks speed and movement skills. Earl Thomas makes up for a lot of mistakes on the back end, but he can be manipulated and pulled away from the play. Chancellor is a glorified linebacker. I guess the results are what they are, but I still think that’s a secondary that can be thrown on purely from a personnel standpoint.

2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Gotta love facts! thanks for that. hahaha I'm going to keep this around since the Pats fans always use that in thier defense of Brady.

From the looks of it either Dan Marino or Peyton Manning.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...gwd_career.htm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I agree on the Sea remarks. Actually think they are bit over rated. But NO won't win two straight on the road. There is a reason Sea is 7 1/2 point favorites.

SF on the other hand. Their defense is just as mean and gritty as Sea. That game would be a toss up. Probably be a 1 point spread.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Let’s think about it

Marshawn Lynch is about as traditional as using a sledgehammer to open a walnut.

I think they have the least amount of holes of any of the teams. Wilson is the better passer than Kapernick. He also has wheels but he doesn't live and die by them.

Sherman is probably the best DB in the NFC.

We'll see but I think Seattle is the strongest across the board.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    The Brady vs Manning argument is hysterical now. Manning just had the greatest single season in NFL history, breaking the single season passing yardage record, the single season TD record and the single season completion % record. Manning is arguably the best QB EVER TO PLAY FOOTBALL. Noone thinks that Tom Brady is the best QB ever, they don't even put him in that category. So what he has 3 rings. Just like sticky said, Terry Bradshaw has 4. So. Brady regularly had a better defense and better coaching than Manning had. Manning may retire without ever matching Brady's 3 rings. So what. Marino had 0 and was considered one of the top 3 QB ever to play football.
    That's ridiculous

By what standard is Manning the obviously superior player? I don’t object to you saying “he’s better than Brady”, but the implication here is that it’s not even close.

You know who has more playoff one and done’s than ANYONE in the history of professional football? Peyton Manning

You know who has blown more top seeded playoff opportunities than ANYONE in the history of professional football? Yep…Peyton

His record in playoff games is laughable; there is no other way to put it. He played on absolutely loaded offenses for his entire career, and his playoff losses rarely had much to do with his defenses. Additionally, his season in ’13 was objectively not the greatest passing season ever. Using far more accurate measures of quarterbacking efficiency (see profootballfocus and coldhardfootballfacts) it actually wasn’t even his personal best- that would be ‘04 when he was truly playing at a special level. And then proceeded to throw 4 picks to lose in the divisional round to New England. No question his ‘04 season, Roger’s ’11 season, and Brady’s ’07 season were superior efforts of quarterbacking.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

By what standard is Manning the obviously superior player?
    Basic human reasoning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Marshawn Lynch is about as traditional as using a sledgehammer to open a walnut.

I think they have the least amount of holes of any of the teams. Wilson is the better passer than Kapernick. He also has wheels but he doesn't live and die by them.

The key to beating Kapernick is taking away his first read, he then panicks and runs. You have to have a defense that can contain him in the pocket and prevent him from picking up first downs with his legs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Haha yea I followed him very closely when he was up in Buffalo…certainly a weird cat. But from a tactical standpoint their run game is 100% classic hat on a hat power.

Agreed in full on all your other points, though personally I’d take Patrick Peterson over Sherman that’s just splitting hairs. I’m just saying they are not the flawless team some have made them out to be. Not sure if SF is the team that can beat them, Kaepernick just doesn’t threaten from the pocket with enough consistency.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You know who has more playoff one and done’s than ANYONE in the history of professional football? Peyton Manning
    You know you have to make the playoffs to be bounced from the playoffs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Haha yea I followed him very closely when he was up in Buffalo…certainly a weird cat. But from a tactical standpoint their run game is 100% classic hat on a hat power.

Agreed in full on all your other points, though personally I’d take Patrick Peterson over Sherman that’s just splitting hairs. I’m just saying they are not the flawless team some have made them out to be. Not sure if SF is the team that can beat them, Kaepernick just doesn’t threaten from the pocket with enough consistency.
    I like the San Fran linebackers (Navorro Bowman for me) more than Seattles. I like Seattle's DB's more than San Fran's.

I'm not sold on Kapernick either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

You know you have to make the playoffs to be bounced from the playoffs?
    Of course. And considering the number of times he has made it there, his record is nothing short of pitiful. I cannot think of a single signature peyton manning led playoff victory, maybe when he smoked the chiefs in 04. Even his SB victory he played a decidedly “meh” game.

Look he’s a HOF’er, one of the best ever. No denying that. But we’re basically talking about the greatest of all time, no? No way I’m giving that title to someone with such a feeble record of winning and playing well when it matters most.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I like the San Fran linebackers (Navorro Bowman for me) more then Seattles. I like Seattles DB's more than San Fran's.

I'm not sold on Kapernick either.
    Their backers are just outstanding…I mean wow. Brooks doesn’t get much love on the outside but sometimes I think he’s a more complete player than Aldon Smith. Bowman and Willis are ridiculous.

I’m really excited to see SF’s o-line against SEA’s D-line. Those are two really physical groups…can’t wait to see em get after it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Why do I even bother. You guy are right: the guy who choked more in big games, has less championships, and a losing record(vs. brady) is better(than brady). What was I ever thinking.

Most wins in the post season by a QB and 3 rings mean nothing, you guys are right. We should get rid of the superbowl & playoffs all together and give the two teams with the best records rings so it's fair and no one has to play under pressure.

I still would take Brady over Peyton any time for a game winning drive. I think most would. Intersting stats you posted. Marino is better because of the rules he had to play with. His number are amazing.

You can believe/try to argue that Peyton is a better QB than Brady. You can never say he performs better in the playoffs(you know where it matters). Peyton is currently in the lead for losing the most playoff games where Brady is in the lead for winning the most. lol.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E91 Stockish and slow AF

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

so you're ignoring the stats just posted? Manning with the second most combacks of all time right behind Marino? Marino in according to your way of thinking should never be considered one of the greatest all time because he has 0 Super Bowls?

Of course. And considering the number of times he has made it there, his record is nothing short of pitiful. I cannot think of a single signature peyton manning led playoff victory, maybe when he smoked the chiefs in 04. Even his SB victory he played a decidedly “meh” game.

Look he’s a HOF’er, one of the best ever. No denying that. But we’re basically talking about the greatest of all time, no? No way I’m giving that title to someone with such a feeble record of winning and playing well when it matters most.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast