Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    Soooo, N54 is not the new 2JZ?
    the 2j won't throw a rod if it goes epic lean and detonates?

$#@!, i think i need to get me one of them!
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Between you and me I'm seriously disappointed with what BMW did with it. I really wanted an s63 in it. Or at least another 500cc. But, it will be a fun new project. Just hope they left a little room in the turbos for us to play with. Click here to enlarge
    given you've built your company up so highly in the turbo BMW world, i think everyone would be more than a little disappointed without you in the S55 scene Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    They could have easily made a larger displacement motor. Leads one to believe they did it on purpose to keep it from stepping on the M5/M6 toes, even with aftermarket help.
    yeah, when they went from 4.0 to 4.4 on the N63/S63... i can agree with the not wanting to get too close to the S63 though at least factory :/. no reason it wouldn't aftermarket though.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Get ready for the newest procede for the s55....guaranteed he's all over that platform
    The S55 is going to turn into a tuner war quickly.... Easily will involve Shiv/Vishnu vs. Roman/ESS vs. Terry/BMS vs. COBB vs. Neil + Tym/Swizter (already attacking the F1x M5/M6). And if Switzer gets involved, expect AMS to follow soon after.

If the S55 generates even 1/3 of the GTRs aftermarket attention (BMW/German Refinement, RWD, TT Motor, DCT & 6MT Trans, etc), it'll def attract some big players to address the DI situation and a legit DCT upgrade (Dodson, Shep Trans, etc). All depends how stout the motor is / how it responds to mods (does it hold up like the N54 or like the N20 when you crank up the boost), and how much a pain in the ass this electronic boost controlling is. The last one I'm interested in to see how the DME fights back when you requests an extra 4 psi (or whatever).
    Last edited by benzy89; 12-29-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The S55 is going to turn into a tuner war quickly.... Easily will involve Shiv/Vishnu vs. Roman/ESS vs. Terry/BMS vs. COBB vs. Neil + Tym/Swizter (already attacking the F1x M5/M6). And if Switzer gets involved, expect AMS to follow soon after.
    Ha...can't wait to hear the BMW community complain about a $60k Alpha package for the M3/M4.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Ha...can't wait to hear the BMW community complain about a $60k Alpha package for the M3/M4.
    LOL I was just thinking that when i read the comment a couple of replies back about switzer/ams lol.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

hey, if they're anythiing like they are for the GT-R... well it's not a TOTAL ripoff haha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Between you and me I'm seriously disappointed with what BMW did with it. I really wanted an s63 in it. Or at least another 500cc. But, it will be a fun new project. Just hope they left a little room in the turbos for us to play with. Click here to enlarge
    i hope they did too, since it's 18psi stock... Hopefully M has built another gem
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

It doesn't look like much healthy boost will be left in those S55 OEM turbos given 18psi OEM boost targets.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    LOL I was just thinking that when i read the comment a couple of replies back about switzer/ams lol.
    $60k is a drop in the puddle for a GTR aftermarket, won't even get you over 1k HP. Going off the Jotech website, it'll buy you a AMS Alpha 9 Package (Built Motor/Trans) or their Stage 3 Package (Upgraded Turbos/Stock Motor & Trans) with the spare cash to build a trans.

Which is kinda ridic since E9x M3 owners are easily spending north of $20k on their stock motor M3s between superchargers, full exhaust & a set of wheels or coilovers (or both) -- Not including labor.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The m3 wont be able to touch a GTR though. It wont be able to hook like one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Porche turbos will remain only viable GTR contenders. Actually, it should really be worded the other way around as the porsche turbo was one of the key original targets Nissan had in mind to beat (if not THE target) when they worked on the initial R35 GTR.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Its ppeculiar to me why they went so small displacement wise. Drivability is based on the displacement so it would make sense to me to throw in a few more CCs to use less boost and have a better street performance. BMW leaves very little room to bore or stroke their new motors too which makes it worse. There is no replacement for displacement, literally. Wish it was a 3.5-4.5L.
    Agree with this strongly but they put way too much emphasis on keeping the M3 below the M5/M6 in acceleration. It's an idiotic artificial barrier to protect M5 owners egos.

Spend some time on M5board and you will see that BMW made the right decision in doing so as those old guys get their little peckers bent out of shape pretty quickly when their precious M5 gets smoked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I can't wait for them to want to advertise it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

The m3 wont be able to touch a GTR though. It wont be able to hook like one.
    I don't see why not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Porche turbos will remain only viable GTR contenders. Actually, it should really be worded the other way around as the porsche turbo was one of the key original targets Nissan had in mind to beat (if not THE target) when they worked on the initial R35 GTR.
    Vipers, Vettes, Gallardos, GT500's, don't exist? All of these are capable of more HP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Vipers, Vettes, Gallardos, GT500's, don't exist? All of these are capable of more HP.
    None of those race from digs vs high hp GTRs. All about that 60-200mph life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    You would have to prep them for the strip. Rear wheel drive American muscle rules the drag strip and always will.

Racing horsepower these days is about going from a roll to allow the cars to stretch their legs. All wheel drive is definitely nice at a stoplight though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    the 2j won't throw a rod if it goes epic lean and detonates?

$#@!, i think i need to get me one of them!
    Nope, 2JZ can make 2,000 WHP on stock internals... Actually, you can get there flash only on 91 octane. They are made of adamantium.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Agree with this strongly but they put way too much emphasis on keeping the M3 below the M5/M6 in acceleration. It's an idiotic artificial barrier to protect M5 owners egos.

Spend some time on M5board and you will see that BMW made the right decision in doing so as those old guys get their little peckers bent out of shape pretty quickly when their precious M5 gets smoked.
    They should just give the M5/M6 AWD then or push for higher top speeds since they have more HP out of the box. Doesn't make sense to cap at 3L... Its so small.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

They should just give the M5/M6 AWD then or push for higher top speeds since they have more HP out of the box. Doesn't make sense to cap at 3L... Its so small.
    They bumped the power on the M5. They also will go AWD with the next gen as they pretty much have to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nope, 2JZ can make 2,000 WHP on stock internals... Actually, you can get there flash only on 91 octane. They are made of adamantium.
    LOL Wolverine drives one when he's off the clock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

i just died.... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

You would have to prep them for the strip. Rear wheel drive American muscle rules the drag strip and always will.

Racing horsepower these days is about going from a roll to allow the cars to stretch their legs. All wheel drive is definitely nice at a stoplight though.
    No a proper drag strip car is not comparable to a alpha12 GTR, you CANT drive them on the streets, You can't have other people in them.

(most) drag racing cars that runs <9's are not driving on the street like GTRs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
    I agree ... with the exception of the gallardo they are AWD as well and have superior Power to weight ratios than the GTR. Now with they're new syvecs tuning they are starting to improve again and get their crown back from the GTR. A UGR Gallardo with the R2 package with syvecs just smashed the standing mile with 20.xx time and over 255 MPH in a standing mile Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Gotta disagree Dz, LSX powered street cars have been driving to the strip, running mid sevens and then driving home for the better part of a decade. GTRs still aren't about that life.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast