Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Some bad news for those of us pushing the power boundaries.

Hey guys,

Just got some bad news today from a customer who took out his #6 ringland. He's running a modified 12 ohm board (duty cycle safety bypassed) with around 18.5-19psi on meth/pump and little taper. He has a meth failsafe connected but it's not clear whether it was enabled during the failure. He's been running a lot of boost for a long time.

Although this customer had a modified JB3 on the car at the time many with other tunes run around with 18+psi on meth/race gas with full advance (e.g. little to no CPS offset) as well. So consider this a general heads up to the high boost N54 community. If you're going to ask your car to give you 50-60% more power than stock it's not without its risks. Especially on pump gas and older motors. I'd now suggest keeping boost at 17psi or lower on meth+pump even if your timing indicates you can go higher.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

ouch! was he logging when it happened? hopefully all the details are disclosed/discovered!
    Last edited by jpsimon; 10-05-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's sound advice Terry... Thanks for the heads up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Who was this?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thats unfortunate.
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    ouch! was he logging when it happened? hopefully all the details are disclosed/discovered!
    +1

this is LM's case right? its probably just coincidence but enrita's piston had the same point of failure right? the ring landing. he was running the same, modified board as LM too right? i dont mean to start a tuner war just stating and asking facts.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    +1

this is LM's case right? its probably just coincidence but enrita's piston had the same point of failure right? the ring landing. he was running the same, modified board as LM too right? i dont mean to start a tuner war just stating and asking facts.
    I think you are correct.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

huh? me? i dont have anything wrong with my car.. its not me.. just odd im looking into things

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    +1

not stating facts, i know you didnt mean anything by it but no, not me. i think people misinterpreted one of my posts

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think you are correct.
    as usual Sticky, you are wrong Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    as usual Sticky, you are wrong
    What the hell is going on with all this secrecy? Ok, so someone lost a motor. You say you are building your motor. WTF is up?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

As far as I know LM is running strong. I didn't mention our customers name as I wasn't sure what his plans for the car were. But his name is Sevak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I think LM is just itching for more hp Click here to enlarge

It sickens me to see the all out war that has erupted on the other forum as well as the attacks being made...makes me just want to get out of this business altogether...it makes you want to take a stand and say something but when you are small and insignificant, what can you do? Nothing....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    As far as I know LM is running strong. I didn't mention our customers name as I wasn't sure what his plans for the car were. But his name is Sevak.
    Ok, that helps Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    t makes you want to take a stand and say something but when you are small and insignificant, what can you do? Nothing....
    That is the attitude that big forums took toward us. We were small, insignificant, no way we could do anything. But slowly but surely, we have chipped away and now we can say something and people notice. It all starts with that first step, you never know where it will lead you.

Say what is on your mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

That is the attitude that big forums took toward us. We were small, insignificant, no way we could do anything. But slowly but surely, we have chipped away and now we can say something and people notice. It all starts with that first step, you never know where it will lead you.

Say what is on your mind.
    Interestingly our web guy was in a panic the other day because your ranking has jumped over n54tech. I told him its better people come here than e90post. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Interestingly our web guy was in a panic the other day because your ranking has jumped over n54tech. I told him its better people come here than e90post. Click here to enlarge
    Ya well, he was no help in telling me how to increase my ranking Click here to enlarge So I had to do it myself, but the results have been pretty good, eh?

Now I just have to figure out how to get beyond bimmerpost but that is like climbing Everest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Logged onto e90 post to see this rucus. Ridiculous $#@!ing on that site. Thats why BB is better

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Logged onto e90 post to see this rucus. Ridiculous $#@!ing on that site. Thats why BB is better
    Just saw the ruckus, seems it was started by jpsimon and then Shiv took the opportunity to proclaim superiority.

Jpsimon should have given credit to the source as well, which was either n54tech or BB.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ya well, he was no help in telling me how to increase my ranking Click here to enlarge So I had to do it myself, but the results have been pretty good, eh?

Now I just have to figure out how to get beyond bimmerpost but that is like climbing Everest.
    slowly you can do it! seen great advances on this board, i like it here!

and on topic, that musta really sucked, hopefully we can find out what exactly happened
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i dont even want to go over there and read the retardo's comments..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i made a stand..well tried to at least.

Maybe I cant knock his tune, but I can knock his business practices.

I dont think he knows who I know in the tuning scene..then again I prolly dont know the people he knows either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bimmerboost and n54tech are my two top websites visited on my google chrome Click here to enlarge and I use about %70 percent of my battery on my iPhone looking at the two sites Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I think LM is just itching for more hp Click here to enlarge

It sickens me to see the all out war that has erupted on the other forum as well as the attacks being made...makes me just want to get out of this business altogether...it makes you want to take a stand and say something but when you are small and insignificant, what can you do? Nothing....
    I am actually surprised that there isn't a thread on this one with a title "Second N54 blows up using JB3 (with the special ??????)" by Sticky. What has erupted on the other forum is no surprise, there is quite a bit of information in that thread and I am sure quite a lot of misinformation or should I say lack of information.
    No forum is really innocent of such practices. See for example the Active thread which made front page news. We should maybe make this a front page thread cause it is news worthy when a prominent tuner is warning people about the dangers of pushing their motors to the edge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I am actually surprised that there isn't a thread on this one with a title "Second N54 blows up using JB3 (with the special ??????)" by Sticky. What has erupted on the other forum is no surprise, there is quite a bit of information in that thread and I am sure quite a lot of misinformation or should I say lack of information.
    No forum is really innocent of such practices. See for example the Active thread which made front page news. We should maybe make this a front page thread cause it is news worthy when a prominent tuner is warning people about the dangers of pushing their motors to the edge.
    I'll make it front page news as soon as I know what is going on. We also aren't striving to be the national enquirer.

If there is information that will help users, we will post it of course. I don't necessarily like that you are alluding toward hyping something we don't even have anything to substantiate it with unlike the active thread. All I have seen from this thus far is Shiv bagging on Terry proclaiming he is safer despite having popped a few motors himself, similar failure to enrita, and fanboys taking sides. It is being discussed, we will get to the bottom of it I'm sure, but I'm not about to hype this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Im done with putting my 2cents into the matter....i dont even look at that thread anymore lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I'll make it front page news as soon as I know what is going on. We also aren't striving to be the national enquirer.

If there is information that will help users, we will post it of course. I don't necessarily like that you are alluding toward hyping something we don't even have anything to substantiate it with unlike the active thread. All I have seen from this thus far is Shiv bagging on Terry proclaiming he is safer despite having popped a few motors himself, similar failure to enrita, and fanboys taking sides. It is being discussed, we will get to the bottom of it I'm sure, but I'm not about to hype this.
    I do not think it should make front page news. A motor blew out of thousands that are running out there. Big deal. These engines are not designed by NASA to produce 400whp day in and day out. What Shiv and Terry are arguing about is there baby as consumers make there own choices end of the day. In regard to the national enquirer post this site is similar to it when it suites it. Take your Active title for example "
    Active Autowerke already blows E92 M3 S65 V8 Motor with their Supercharger kit?

Using the word already in the title means that the kit is unreliable and has caused the engine failure. Putting the question mark at the end is a National Enquirer move to say you not saying it caused it but the title says it for itself. This is not a title for a site that claims to be totally neutral. If this thread was about a Vishnu tuned car I am sure it would be a similar title too. That's the point I am trying to make.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast