Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Bavarian Technic Cable Diagnostic Software, and Drivers, maps

Hello there guys.

Where do I download the required software for the Bavarian Technic Cable Diagnostic
    cable? I bought the cable used, and they said, there are 2 vins left. I bought it on ebay, and it came with no software.

Where do I download usb drivers, and which maps, or tweaks are good for my bmw?

I have a STOCK 2007 bmw 335xi . What can I really do with this cable?

The only tuner I have right now is the JB+.

Thanks guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tt_bala Click here to enlarge
    Hello there guys.

Where do I download the required software for the Bavarian Technic Cable Diagnostic
    cable? I bought the cable used, and they said, there are 2 vins left. I bought it on ebay, and it came with no software.
    Where do I download usb drivers, and which maps, or tweaks are good for my bmw?
    I have a STOCK 2007 bmw 335xi . What can I really do with this cable?
    The only tuner I have right now is the JB+.
    Thanks guys.
    The BAvarian technic website has the drivers, just poke around on it. To flash your car you will need the bimmerboost flash, not sure if @Sticky has fixed the download yet.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If he hasn't there's a version on the n54 tech site. You can flash with no vins left but can't use diagnostic features.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    If he hasn't there's a version on the n54 tech site. You can flash with no vins left but can't use diagnostic features.
    You still need to download the original BB version as that is the version which contains the necessary drivers and what not.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    You still need to download the original BB version as that is the version which contains the necessary drivers and what not.
    No you do not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    No you do not.
    Straight from the N54tech site:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost.com open source free flash mapping is finally here! I'll update this thread with additional information and notes as I have it. Be sure to read everything before attempting to use it. The maps below are for use with a N54 JB4 G5 ISO.

Software:

Download the official BimmerBoost.com here!

Download the latest BMS tweaked version here

Note the BMS tweaked version does not have the cable drivers or .NET framework that are rolled in to the BB offical flash. So download and install the official BB version first then the tweaked version if you want to try it out.

9/7: Updated BMS tweaked version to v1.2. Made adjustments that may improve MSD80 flashing, added some addl data to the logfile to make write failure analysis easier.
    9/2: Updated BMS tweaked version to v1.1. Some minor bug fixes, increased KLINE timeout values a bit more, etc.
    Are the drivers different from the .NET framework?
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can download the cable drivers from the bavtech site and if you don't have .net framework you should get the actual full framework from Microsoft anyway, the bbflash has some but not all of them. I forgot the bbflash had either of those included but I'd get them separately regardless.