Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

so you want a 800 whp turbo kit if I can just have 630whp.

I keep seeing turbo upgrades, engine upgrades ...

but more importantly, no one has to present day been able to fix seven years after the creation of n54

WHERE MORE FUEL!

IT'S TIME TO BUY THE NEW M3 ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    exactly!

they work amazingly in moderate to moderate-heavy rain... but the 'sensitivity' slider thing does absolutely nothing (seriously, not hard guys)... in heavy rain, they don't go fast enough so you have to push it up manuallly...

in light rain you have to pulse it on and off pressing the button, or it does these random 'ghost wipes' for no reason...

it really only has 3 settings, rather than infinite variability >_<.. sorta too fast, just right, and sorta too slow. lol.

you SHOULD be able to leave it on at all times, and have it not wipe without rain.. but nooope.

ED: sorry sticky, i won't talk about the rain sensors any more LOL.
    I agree. In a light mist they never work reliably. The droplet size has something to do with it. I think it shoots IR light out through the windshield, and the droplets reflect some of that light back towards a light sensor. Smaller droplets don't seem to be detected as well as larger ones. It might have to do with their size or shape (less convex).
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

anyone test how fast the rain sensors whipe the windshield?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, maybe you should make a poll at what cost people would buy the new turbo kitClick here to enlarge I have a feeling there will be a very low number buying 10k+ kits (that's probably what E90 will cost in few years if not less).
    Poll's are almost worthless because people will just pick the lowest price and even when the time rolls around to pay they still won't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    so you want a 800 whp turbo kit if I can just have 630whp.

I keep seeing turbo upgrades, engine upgrades ...

but more importantly, no one has to present day been able to fix seven years after the creation of n54

WHERE MORE FUEL!

You mean the previous M3. The new one will still have the same problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
    WHERE MORE FUEL!

DI Problems -- The N54 has it, the N55 will have it, the 997.2 (PDK) Turbos have it & so will 991 Turbos, the C7 Vette will have it soon, so will the F1x M5/M6 (when tuning gets more aggressive) and F3x M3/M4, if the Lambo Huracan actually has DI it'll have it too.

I'm interested to see how AMS is over coming the DI problem with their R8 TT's and when/how Motec releases DI support on their M1 EMS.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    if the Lambo Huracan actually has DI it'll have it too.
    The Gallardo already did so of course it does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The Gallardo already did so of course it does.
    Well the Aventador was supposed to be DI, but in the end they went old school at stayed PI. It was also supposed to be DCT, but they went Single Clutch for production as well.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well the Aventador was supposed to be DI, but in the end they went old school at stayed PI. It was also supposed to be DCT, but they went Single Clutch for production as well.
    Well the Huracan is direct injected because it's the same V10 they were already using and they just added the dual clutch from the R8 facelift. So there you go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well the Huracan is direct injected because it's the same V10 they were already using and they just added the dual clutch from the R8 facelift. So there you go.
    Well then it goes back to my last sentence, that I'm interested to see how AMS is overcoming the DI problem in their R8 TTs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Well then it goes back to my last sentence, that I'm interested to see how AMS is overcoming the DI problem in their R8 TTs.
    Ok

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

DI Problems -- The N54 has it, the N55 will have it, the 997.2 (PDK) Turbos have it & so will 991 Turbos, the C7 Vette will have it soon, so will the F1x M5/M6 (when tuning gets more aggressive) and F3x M3/M4, if the Lambo Huracan actually has DI it'll have it too.

I'm interested to see how AMS is over coming the DI problem with their R8 TT's and when/how Motec releases DI support on their M1 EMS.
    It's a damn good thing for us all of those guys will be having DI problems. When a company steps up for them odds are they will also be looking at other markets and the N54 is a well established market in need of a fueling solution so we have a shot at being near first in line.

Of course, there are solutions already being developed as we speak so we may not have to wait for new players in the game.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Just bc one platforms DI gets figured out, doesn't mean the flood gates open. We have the BMW dme, and not all the ecu/dme are created equal. I hope for the n54's sake the fuel solution comes, but I'm a little worried money/time will be spent on the new s55 instead.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Just bc one platforms DI gets figured out, doesn't mean the flood gates open. We have the BMW dme, and not all the ecu/dme are created equal. I hope for the n54's sake the fuel solution comes, but I'm a little worried money/time will be spent on the new s55 instead.
    hopefully not.. N54/55 should be the bread and butter, much more common, at an enthusiast price point

M3/M4, less common, some owners yes, will be willing to go 10/10 like sticky.. most won't

then again, if 8-10k for a turbo kit for N54 is ok, 20k for S55? hahaha
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

hopefully not.. N54/55 should be the bread and butter, much more common, at an enthusiast price point

M3/M4, less common, some owners yes, will be willing to go 10/10 like sticky.. most won't

The m platforms get more attention and money thrown at them from tuning companies, sorry but it's true. Also, dropping 20k on a kit is more likely on a 80-90k car.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

The m platforms get more attention and money thrown at them from tuning companies, sorry but it's true. Also, dropping 20k on a kit is more likely on a 80-90k car.
    Yeah i know, it's just not the best way to go imo, ditching the growing N5x market for the S55 prioritised...

it's like saying 'oh toyota released the IS-F.. lets ditch the supra' (well.. imagine the IS-F was turbo and tuneable haha), it's just bad decision making lol. More long term money in the cheaper easily tunable platform for the masses.

I can see the S55 getting attention QUICKLY, and that's GREAT.... but dropping N54/N55 support? mmm.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

I agree with bob.... The M3 will always receive the most aftermarket attention in the entire BMW product line. Not only because it's the M3, but because that's where the money is. The M3 owners have never had a problem dropping big money on mods -- $2k for an X-Pipe, $10-15k for a supercharger kit (not even installed), etc.

The N54 won't be forgotten since it has a very low entry point and is a more explored platform, but I certainly expect the S55 to go through a much faster aftermarket growth.

BUT this goes back to my original post in this thread -- Is there an update on the Fuel Hat for the N54? It's great and all that we're using the OEM Pump + Inline Booster or the Walbro 450 swap, but a new fuel hat would def open the doors for a lot more powerful options (Bosch 044, Magnafuel 750, Aeromotive 340, etc) and might show the HPFP isn't tapped out yet.
    Last edited by benzy89; 12-20-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

M owners are more likely to mod and spend money.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I agree with bob.... The M3 will always receive the most aftermarket attention in the entire BMW product line. Not only because it's the M3, but because that's where the money is. The M3 owners have never had a problem dropping big money on mods -- $2k for an X-Pipe, $10-15k for a supercharger kit (not even installed), etc.

The N54 won't be forgotten since it has a very low entry point and is a more explored platform, but I certainly expect the S55 to go through a much faster aftermarket growth.

BUT this goes back to my original post in this thread -- Is there an update on the Fuel Hat for the N54? It's great and all that we're using the OEM Pump + Inline Booster or the Walbro 450 swap, but a new fuel hat would def open the doors for a lot more powerful options (Bosch 044, Magnafuel 750, Aeromotive 340, etc) and might show the HPFP isn't tapped out yet.
    Yeah, i get that.. but there hasn't really been a non-M platrom that's WORTH spending money on, for fun+fasts. N20 N55, N54, they're all worth spending RnD on.. even the M54, sure it supercharges FAIRLY well, but how many people will buy a supercharger for their NA BMW, vs upgraded turbos etc.?

how big is the S65 market compared to the N54/5? how many JB4's and cobbs have been sold (and evolves etc.) compared to the tunes available for the S65?

yeah you're right, that also fully holds true for the S55 given it's also easily tuned, FI etc. so i 100% agree that the aftermarket for it will be HUGE, but the N55/54 is logically a bread and butter platform for the BMW tuning/aftermarket shops is what i'm thinking. for every 1 person putting a 10k kit on their S55, and a $2k exhaust... how many put a cheaper kit on their N54/5? and a $500-$1k exhaust?

and what's a fuel hat?
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=f...w=1680&bih=924

why would we need that? how is that a restriction?

you know the walbro 450 flows WAY more than the 044 for cheaper money, that's why the 044 wasn't used.

the 450 flows WAY more than the platform has made so far, there's pretty well no doubt that the HPFP hasn't tapped out.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yeah, i get that.. but there hasn't really been a non-M platrom that's WORTH spending money on, for fun+fasts. N20 N55, N54, they're all worth spending RnD on.. even the M54, sure it supercharges FAIRLY well, but how many people will buy a supercharger for their NA BMW, vs upgraded turbos etc.?

how big is the S65 market compared to the N54/5? how many JB4's and cobbs have been sold (and evolves etc.) compared to the tunes available for the S65?
    yeah you're right, that also fully holds true for the S55 given it's also easily tuned, FI etc. so i 100% agree that the aftermarket for it will be HUGE, but the N55/54 is logically a bread and butter platform for the BMW tuning/aftermarket shops is what i'm thinking. for every 1 person putting a 10k kit on their S55, and a $2k exhaust... how many put a cheaper kit on their N54/5? and a $500-$1k exhaust?

and what's a fuel hat?
    https://www.google.com.au/search?<br...w=1680&bih=924

why would we need that? how is that a restriction?

you know the walbro 450 flows WAY more than the 044 for cheaper money, that's why the 044 wasn't used.

the 450 flows WAY more than the platform has made so far, there's pretty well no doubt that the HPFP hasn't tapped out.
    I'm not saying the n54 tuning market is smaller, I'm just saying when it comes to breaking barriers, like fueling on the n54, where it will take a company time, money, r&d, etc, it will most likely happen faster on a m platform. If the n54 was in the e92 m3 I bet it would be much further along...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Motec M182 standalone already supports DI and there's already an F30 N55 race car with a custom twin scroll running around with it in Australia. We might be playing with it out down the road on one of our shop cars. Only problem is, its not cheap Click here to enlarge

For fast road project cars though the Motec 182 is in many ways a step backwards over the OEM Bosch MEV, MED units. They're much more powerful controllers than the Motec. This is coming from the racing team that has actually managed to implement it on their F30.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    GM will not let something like a DI fuel pump hold back new LT1 crate motor (or C7) sales to people wishing to build thousand+whp setups. It will be solved for them just as fast as it becomes a problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    GM will not let something like a DI fuel pump hold back new LT1 crate motor (or C7) sales to people wishing to build thousand+whp setups. It will be solved for them just as fast as it becomes a problem.
    GM will definitely be more proactive with this. One aspect of them at least that is cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The N63/S63 run dual high pressure pumps. But for the N54, the most likely scnerio IMHO, is a retrofit kit that adds a second high pressure pump off the belt drive somewhere.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Motec M182 standalone already supports DI and there's already an F30 N55 race car with a custom twin scroll running around with it in Australia. We might be playing with it out down the road on one of our shop cars. Only problem is, its not cheap Click here to enlarge
    I was talking to Garth (Undercover) about this. Unfortunately there are 2 main problems with this:
    1. Price
    2. That it completely renders the OEM features (NAV/Dash/Climate Control/etc) useless. With a racecar you don't care because you'd rather use a digital display, but this isn't something for a street car

Our biggest hope is that DI fueling solutions are discovered on the C7 or rip some of the parts off other, higher power DI BMWs.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast