Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Lightbulb Lotus Evora S

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The Lotus Evora S is a more properly sorted machine with a supercharged, 350-hp 3.5-liter V6, a tighter suspension and improved aerodynamics. According to the CEO of Lotus "It's an instinctual car, the experience is pure."

The Lotus Evora S exists to sharpen the Evora nameplate into something a bit more respectable and a lot more powerful. The 350-hp, 295 lb-ft, supercharged 3.5-liter Toyota V6 represents a 70-hp and 37 lb-ft improvement over stock, and pushes the car's 0-60 mph sprint time to 4.5-second.

But it's not just about power, the car's also sporting a retuned suspension for more precise body control, a revised rear diffuser, and bigger cross-drilled brakes, and a heads-up display. A push of a button brings on"Sport Mode" which opens up an exhaust bypass and remaps the throttle programming for snappier response. All of this is a good thing.

Lotus also mentioned the inclusion of a new flappy paddle shifter system called the Lotus' "Intelligent Precision Shift" for the base model. It's a fancy name for a 6-speed automatic transmission, shifted manually, you know the drill. The acceleration for the 280-hp is 5.3 seconds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

not really news but i like it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I sat in one of three of these in the united states a few months ago here in palm beach. It was just a bigger version of an elise, still has a toyota engine, i'f im gonna pay 80 grand for an exotic car made out of aluminum and carbon fiber I want more than just a toyota.

Overal it's nice but too glitzy for me, would never own one.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

i was trying to find one around me in Fl so I could check it out. thanks for the review.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

The interior was actually quite nice. It still had that stupid door jamb log (which is used for structural rigidity) that makes it hard to get in and out of, similar to the elise but not as profound (elise is a fuuking death trap, you cant get out of it).
    That door jamb thing is also wrapped in whatever the interior is wrapped in, pretty stupid IMO because your shoes always hit that thing on the way in and its gonna smudge it and wear it out fast. Other than that it's a neat car just not my type of ride.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge