Close

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    The PTF guys are tuning ST's using flash only on the Cobb. Just drop one of them a line and they can prob get you started in the right direction if not help you out with a full custom pro tune.
    Yeah I've thought about it since I already have the COBB, might as well try out a pro-tune and see how I like it, we'll see. I've talked to Dzenno and as of right now they wouldn't really have anything for me. I've been happy with the JB though and plan on running stack tune out the gate in a few weeks here.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm do you plan on making one for the COBB? If not I guess I might as well just sell the COBB and move on to BB Flash. Glad to know you have a ST backend though now whether it's refined or not, good start.
    No we're no longer doing any Cobb N54 map development. It's just not practical due to how the maps get locked and we can't add our own tables, code disables, etc. So all of our stuff is on the BB side now and can be opened/modified by anyone, including a few tuners now who are doing custom tuning via the BB flash should you need something more than we can help you with. Cobb is great but when you consider the lower cost and flexibility of the BB for back end flashing needs its a better fit for us.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It works
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BTMFR Click here to enlarge
    It works
    You got it to work??? was it laptop?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    You got it to work??? was it laptop?
    plugged the new laptop in and it instantly read voltage however i spoke a bit too soon it had an estimated time of 380minutes and now its at 300 im debating taking the risk of just flashing it
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    plugged the new laptop in and it instantly read voltage however i spoke a bit too soon it had an estimated time of 380minutes and now its at 300 im debating taking the risk of just flashing it
    What I can tell you is that the laptop needs to be lower than 1.8ghz processor speed and it will work. I went on CG and found one. Or do as others do and have a old ass computer and drag it out to the garage LOL. Its not worth not having the original file.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What I can tell you is that the laptop needs to be lower than 1.8ghz processor speed and it will work. I went on CG and found one. Or do as others do and have a old ass computer and drag it out to the garage LOL. Its not worth not having the original file.
    If this is true why not just underclock your processor for this one operation and then set it back to normal. It's free, easy, and safe to do.

It is really right at 1.8ghz and anything faster it doesn't work? Seems odd...
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good thing for my acer netbook...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Old junk XP laptop FTW!
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    If this is true why not just underclock your processor for this one operation and then set it back to normal. It's free, easy, and safe to do.

It is really right at 1.8ghz and anything faster it doesn't work? Seems odd...
    I've never thought of that, but I'm guessing cause 2 of my computers under 2.0ghz work fine above that or newer than like 2010 it dont like it. It can be the write/read speed to, it's different than just processor too but I'm not that good with computers.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    good thing for my acer netbook...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Old junk XP laptop FTW!
    Yep, old crap FTW. I went and got a old crap off Craigslist for 100 and boom worked the first time I did it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Anyone in gainesville want to help me out?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've never thought of that, but I'm guessing cause 2 of my computers under 2.0ghz work fine above that or newer than like 2010 it dont like it. It can be the write/read speed to, it's different than just processor too but I'm not that good with computers.

Yep, old crap FTW. I went and got a old crap off Craigslist for 100 and boom worked the first time I did it.

Hmm I wonder if it has anything to do with using USB 1.0 2.0 or 3.0 ports or if it really is related to cpu clock speed. Both of my cars have APs otherwise I would experiment with this stuff for fun.

I imagine the guys who wrote it should be able to explain why only old arse computers are able to make it work...

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this only on the 07' models we're talking about having these issues? Cause I have a brand new lenovo with windows 8 and intel i5. I cant imagine processor speed being the cause, it has to be some sort of driver issue or USB port issue. I just plain don't believe it's processor speed, that just doesn't make sense.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this only on the 07' models we're talking about having these issues? Cause I have a brand new lenovo with windows 8 and intel i5. I cant imagine processor speed being the cause, it has to be some sort of driver issue or USB port issue. I just plain don't believe it's processor speed, that just doesn't make sense.
    Can be the kline series, so yea 07 I think are the most common issues with the BB flash.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    No we're no longer doing any Cobb N54 map development. It's just not practical due to how the maps get locked and we can't add our own tables, code disables, etc. So all of our stuff is on the BB side now and can be opened/modified by anyone, including a few tuners now who are doing custom tuning via the BB flash should you need something more than we can help you with. Cobb is great but when you consider the lower cost and flexibility of the BB for back end flashing needs its a better fit for us.
    Ok, I can understand this. It just seems people are always having issues with BB flash so I was trying to avoid that. I will uninstall the COBB when I get my car back and install BB flash and get going. Who are the tuners you know of that are trustworthy working with BB flash?

And @Sticky unless I've missed it how come there is no section for the BB flash? No help section, not even a sticky thread with the actual software itself? I looked in N54 section and nothing, knowing you I'm sure I'm missing something, but info and guidelines just seem absent. Would be nice to have the BB Flash software, guidelines, and TunerPro software and guidelines posted somewhere.

EDIT: Terry, I did find everything posted on N54tech and it was helpful to get started, I totally understand your support only going so far, and honestly I already feel you've gone far and above what anyone should expect, I thank you for that.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can be the kline series, so yea 07 I think are the most common issues with the BB flash.
    I thought so, thanks, hopefully I will have no issues.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All i know is ive tried 4 laptops now to no avail either it doesnt work at all doesnt read voltage or it says its going to take 380 minutes
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All i know is ive tried 4 laptops now to no avail either it doesnt work at all doesnt read voltage or it says its going to take 380 minutes
    It's worth an investment for yourself. Go on Craigslist and find a $#@!ty laptop LOL. I had to do it too man, no other way.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With laptop plugged in and car on a charger why not just let it run the 380 minutes? I'm sure that time will run down quicker than that

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With laptop plugged in and car on a charger why not just let it run the 380 minutes? I'm sure that time will run down quicker than that
    The thing is you don't even know if it will write in the end even if he did that to get his base file. LOL
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The thing is you don't even know if it will write in the end even if he did that to get his base file. LOL
    Well, he could just use his COBB and start off with pump gas backend flash and work off of that if all else fails

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im buying a laptop now hopefully that works if not i don't know what ill do
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ok, I can understand this. It just seems people are always having issues with BB flash so I was trying to avoid that. I will uninstall the COBB when I get my car back and install BB flash and get going. Who are the tuners you know of that are trustworthy working with BB flash?

And @Sticky unless I've missed it how come there is no section for the BB flash? No help section, not even a sticky thread with the actual software itself? I looked in N54 section and nothing, knowing you I'm sure I'm missing something, but info and guidelines just seem absent. Would be nice to have the BB Flash software, guidelines, and TunerPro software and guidelines posted somewhere.

EDIT: Terry, I did find everything posted on N54tech and it was helpful to get started, I totally understand your support only going so far, and honestly I already feel you've gone far and above what anyone should expect, I thank you for that.

I must admit the lack of support on the BB flash isn't great. People talk trash about it on the other forum for instance. Which doesn't help get more members over here.

There needs to be a section devoted to it on this forum(after all it was created here no?), stickied FAQ, Troubleshooting guides, a CHANGE LOG for when new versions are released. etc. I thought it was open source why can't we see the code?

From an outside viewpoint it looks like it was hacked together quickly and has zero support. That is just how it looks to me...

im buying a laptop now hopefully that works if not i don't know what ill do

Obviously you are smart but if you don't know why 4 laptops failed why go buy one? You need to know why they failed...

There are so many options people could be trying other than just well lets try this old computer next. Run the program in compatibility mode for instance, run it in wine or another emu etc., run it in safemode, roll back usb drivers, use a usb 1.0 hub, the list goes on. Right now it seems no one know why one works and one doesn't and old ass laptops seem to work well but then again new ones sometimes work as well.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I must admit the lack of support on the BB flash isn't good. People talk trash about it on the other forum.

There needs to be a section devoted to it on this forum(after all it was created here no?), stickied FAQ, Troubleshooting guides, etc. From an outside viewpoint it looks like it was hacked together quickly and has zero support. That is just how it looks to me...
    That's how it seems to me as well. I mean, you have to do a search just to find the software to download. Terry at least has a stickied thread on N54tech, but I agree there should be it's own sub-section here, can't believe there isn't already. FAQ sticky, Troubleshoot sticky, and a stickied thread of proven working maps as well and what mods it was running on.

I honestly didn't realize how little info/support there is for it until needing it myself today.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From an outside viewpoint it looks like it was hacked together quickly and has zero support. That is just how it looks to me...
    Both true statements. The software works great but timing differences between laptops makes setup difficult for some. Those that wrote the software are using it without issue so there is no addl motivation there to do anything with it. As a general rule older laptops seem to work better. We posted the source on N54tech so if anyone wants to pickup the torch feel free. Someone should go in and add some user adjustable port delays, etc, and further troubleshoot the various laptop issues that crop up.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast