Close

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    OP- first off sweet build. Your shop did a nice job keeping space to the valve cover, like others have said that build looks as OE as a top mount 6466 can look.

I bet that’ll spool quite nicely as a twin scroll, really like where you went from a turbo standpoint. Do you plan to spray meth? Could help with up top if you’d like to run full E85 for fuel.
    I'm quite excited to see what a twin scroll single does as well Click here to enlarge Should be a beast.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    OP, all I have to say is...

Click here to enlarge

great job!
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great job. When you got quality welding equipment and fully equipped shop then your skills, the setup looks high quality, I like it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    I've had:
    1) Flywheel without right bolt count. (Trans out 1x)
    2) Overshoot of a month manufacturing a new one. (Car jamming up shop)
    3) New flywheel needed to be machined down to fit on the crank.
    4) Friction disks wrong, fused to shaft, jammed motor, trans jammed on. (Trans out 2x)
    5) Flywheel surface isn't flat, 60% grip & starts to slip on the way to the dyno. CM Sending flywheel surface, friction disks, floater. We'll see Click here to enlarge (Trans out 3x)

Most expensive clutch on the market + 3 x install costs + headache getting revised fixed parts from CM. Their ability to deliver a single thing on time and without problem is like playing Russian roulette with 5 bullets in your revolver instead of 1.
    interesting i got the clutchmasters because ive never heard anything bad about them well see how mine works out

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Wow thatís unacceptable for such an expensive clutch. Jeez.

OP- first off sweet build. Your shop did a nice job keeping space to the valve cover, like others have said that build looks as OE as a top mount 6466 can look.

I bet thatíll spool quite nicely as a twin scroll, really like where you went from a turbo standpoint. Do you plan to spray meth? Could help with up top if youíd like to run full E85 for fuel.
    no meth only run on the gas in the tank

I'm quite excited to see what a twin scroll single does as well Click here to enlarge Should be a beast.
    thats what im hoping

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    OP, all I have to say is...

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...dEricpic-1.jpg

great job!
    HAHAA glad someone caught on

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hakentt Click here to enlarge
    great job. When you got quality welding equipment and fully equipped shop then your skills, the setup looks high quality, I like it.
    i dont really have any skills just the drive to make awesomeness

also how the hell do i multi quote without copy and pasting the quote?
    Last edited by BTMFR; 12-16-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BTMFR Click here to enlarge
    also how the hell do i multi quote without copy and pasting the quote?
    You can highlight the text and click quote or ask me nicely to restore multi-quote since I'm in a giving holiday mood.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome build! I'm curious to see how it turns out with the single wastegate. I know fftec went with twin gates on their twinscroll topmount. Either way look forward to your results!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great job OP. looking forward to seeing the results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going to be a very interesting year for the N54. N55 too for that matter. Would really like to see some of these N54 singles at airstrip events.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You can highlight the text and click quote or ask me nicely to restore multi-quote since I'm in a giving holiday mood.
    its really all i want for christmas Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Awesome build! I'm curious to see how it turns out with the single wastegate. I know fftec went with twin gates on their twinscroll topmount. Either way look forward to your results!
    the wastegate is just one mvr but the feed for the wastegate so its less parts to go wrong yet it still controls boost like 2 wastegates

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vladi627 Click here to enlarge
    Great job OP. looking forward to seeing the results.
    thanks!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajsalida Click here to enlarge
    Going to be a very interesting year for the N54. N55 too for that matter. Would really like to see some of these N54 singles at airstrip events.
    Hopefully i know it will be thoroughly tested Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    also the turbo blanket was a bit close to the shock tower for my liking so we hammer modded it it took one hit of a good ole hammer and we now have plenty of clearance also about the 4 inch downpipe i think it is doable but all close wires would need to be protected
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    also the turbo blanket was a bit close to the shock tower for my liking so we hammer modded it it took one hit of a good ole hammer and we now have plenty of clearance also about the 4 inch downpipe i think it is doable but all close wires would need to be protected
    Hammer mod FTMFW
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol hammermod.. Awesome build!!!
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its really all i want for christmas
    Hmmm ok. Wish granted. You get 2 more at a rate of 1 per year. Not redeemable during Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, 4th of July, or whenever I say so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ooof. dem pictures, doe.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hammer mod FTMFW
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    lol hammermod.. Awesome build!!!
    the hammer mod is the ultimate mod

Hmmm ok. Wish granted. You get 2 more at a rate of 1 per year. Not redeemable during Cinco de Mayo, St. Patrick's Day, 4th of July, or whenever I say so.
    all hail our glorious king

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    ooof. dem pictures, doe.
    indeed they are pictures i think in some way or another all these pictures have been a background on 1 of my devices at one point lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    same one? how do you like it?
    I don't. Stiffest clutch ever. Trying to get a twin disc from SPEC, but it doesn't exist yet. I'd recommend anything else.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    I don't. Stiffest clutch ever. Trying to get a twin disc from SPEC, but it doesn't exist yet. I'd recommend anything else.
    I'd *LOVE* a good twin disc, but the only one i'm aware of 'working' is the clutchmasters Click here to enlarge... pity the OSG one never made it past 'pretty design' stage.. Exedy doesn't give a damn... too many manufacturers don't see us as being a large enthusiast group, when the reality is over the next decade they'll sell probably pretty easily more clutches for N54/N55 than they would 2JZ/RB. (globally, there's gotta be a good many tens of thousand N54/55's sold given 442,000 e9x and e8x were sold with the potential to have a 35i badge, if even 10% were... that's 44000 of them in the wild, dropping into enthusiast price ranges rapidly.) ED: make that 800,000 inc the 5ers, so that's even 5%, there's 40k out there.. surely that's not optimistic either lol. ED2: looks like.. 1756 335i E90's sold in first 6mo of 2011.. so EASILY 40k i'd say.

So looks like i'm stuck with whichever spec has the torque handling i need with the least harsh engagement haha

Over here (Australia), anyone who pretty much isn't an owner is STILL completely surprised by being obliterated by any BMW that doesn't have an ///M badge, which are so rare it's almost a non-event lol. Even most performance shops aren't fully aware.
    Last edited by Flinchy; 12-17-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    maybe need to cut the engine cover a little, get some gold taped metal shielding in there?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Hmm i guess time will tell

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    maybe need to cut the engine cover a little, get some gold taped metal shielding in there?
    The plan is to wrap everything and put sleeves on the wires with a heatshield where needed
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hmmm ok. Wish granted.
    I asked twelve times and this guys asks once and you did it! Mother F
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I asked twelve times and this guys asks once and you did it! Mother F
    Look at his single turbo build thread. Look at your single turbo build thread. I rest my case.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok real quick its trivia night on bimmer boost where do 5&6 go? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Look at his single turbo build thread. Look at your single turbo build thread. I rest my case.
    LOL, You and I both know what I have planned $#@!. I don't want to bring it up until all is finished. And, I've had enough single turbo build threads you forgot?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok real quick its trivia night on bimmer boost where do 5&6 go? Click here to enlarge
    5/6/1/13/14/11/7 all go into the trash LOL, well not all but you get my point.

Those are for the stock turbo the vacuum tanks.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    5/6/1/13/14/11/7 all go into the trash LOL, well not all but you get my point.

Those are for the stock turbo the vacuum tanks.
    im trying to figure out where 5&6 go on the other side so i can cap them
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast