Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    Also, their target consumer generally does not have time to post on forums. They may lurk, but they are more likely to read the NY Times and see the DINAN ads there. The executive level buys DINAN. That said, they are expensive but some people want that comfort.
    I agree. But I also consider that demographic some of the least informed when it comes to BMW tuning.

I remember when I smacked around a guy with just about Dinan bolt on everything for his M5 and went on the forums crying how a lowly M3 could possibly beat his Dinan'd out M5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know 8 people with full Dinan cars. One is an E92 stroker. Small sample of course, but they are all exec types with a bunch of cars. They all have dedicated track cars in addition to other hot rods for the street. Total car guys and very educated on cars, but not too interested in getting the best bang for buck value for their BMWs which are more 'daily driver' than the other cars. This is very common AFAIK.

The last DINAN commercial was run on CNN Money. http://money.cnn.com/video/pf/2013/0...inan.cnnmoney/

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I agree. But I also consider that demographic some of the least informed when it comes to BMW tuning.

I remember when I smacked around a guy with just about Dinan bolt on everything for his M5 and went on the forums crying how a lowly M3 could possibly beat his Dinan'd out M5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    I know 8 people with full Dinan cars. One is an E92 stroker. Small sample of course, but they are all exec types with a bunch of cars. They all have dedicated track cars in addition to other hot rods for the street. Total car guys and very educated on cars, but not too interested in getting the best bang for buck value for their BMWs which are more 'daily driver' than the other cars. This is very common AFAIK.

The last DINAN commercial was run on CNN Money. http://money.cnn.com/video/pf/2013/0...inan.cnnmoney/
    CNN money is the place to go.

Honestly, most people I meet who mention Dinan stuff know the Dinan name but jack $#@! about modding BMW's. It's like people who mention a Mercedes is 'Brabus' without having any clue what there is available in Mercedes tuning.

There are all kinds of people so there is no rule to it as there will be a guy who knows a lot who just wants hassle free modding with Dinan stuff for example. Mostly though, people just know the name.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12