Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Waiting for the word so I can throw one in my 435Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    Waiting for the word so I can throw one in my 435Click here to enlarge
    Looks like everyone is getting in on this.

The N55 section I guess will become the second most popular forum here in the coming year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looks like everyone is getting in on this.

The N55 section I guess will become the second most popular forum here in the coming year.
    So Sticky, Does this mean I will need the Cobb Tune AP V3 also to go with my updated N55 Jb4 ( ISO is needed also? ) to run this turbo?
    2011 E90 335i Titanium Silver / BMW PPK / Cobb V3 Stg 2+Aggressive map / Custom MagnaFlow Exhaust / Cp-e 5" DP/ BMS intake /Afe intake scoops/ GS Stg 2 FMIC / Active Autowerkes CP / H&R Sport springs / CF wrap on roof / CF Front Splitter / CF Rear Deck Spoiler / CF Mirror Caps / CF License plate frame / Blacked out Emblems and Badges / Matte Black Kidney Grilles / BMS Angel eyes / Smoked Tail lights / Black window trim / 35% Tint / Black DR-37 Competition RimsClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMDUB1 Click here to enlarge
    So Sticky, Does this mean I will need the Cobb Tune AP V3 also to go with my updated N55 Jb4 ( ISO is needed also? ) to run this turbo?
    Its certainly recommended and really a necessity as you push higher boost targets. V2 will work just as well though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by curare Click here to enlarge
    Its certainly recommended and really a necessity as you push higher boost targets. V2 will work just as well though
    Awesome, Just wanted clarity on that..
    2011 E90 335i Titanium Silver / BMW PPK / Cobb V3 Stg 2+Aggressive map / Custom MagnaFlow Exhaust / Cp-e 5" DP/ BMS intake /Afe intake scoops/ GS Stg 2 FMIC / Active Autowerkes CP / H&R Sport springs / CF wrap on roof / CF Front Splitter / CF Rear Deck Spoiler / CF Mirror Caps / CF License plate frame / Blacked out Emblems and Badges / Matte Black Kidney Grilles / BMS Angel eyes / Smoked Tail lights / Black window trim / 35% Tint / Black DR-37 Competition RimsClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMDUB1 Click here to enlarge
    You have to ask Terry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the test car MT or DCT, i don't think the dct can handle +500 wtq

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow this is great news. I'm really excited to see the N55 finally get some real power. This is awesome. Cannot wait to see this continue to develop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haven't seen STFTs or LTFTs.... Was just wondering where they stand, especially since you're running an ethanol blend
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Haven't seen STFTs or LTFTs.... Was just wondering where they stand, especially since you're running an ethanol blend
    They are running meth so it would be hard to tell exactly what the fuel system is doing unless they did some runs without it. I cant imagine it would be any different from the N54 at those power levels

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised how popular the N55 stuff is getting.

I don't know if this platform will ever rival the N54 for tuning popularity but this motor sticks around longer it just may.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised how popular the N55 stuff is getting.

I don't know if this platform will ever rival the N54 for tuning popularity but this motor sticks around longer it just may.
    Doesn't surprise me at all, the N54 is done, never to me manufactured again. BMW is throwing this N55 into anything and everything it can. That's the kind of platform you want to make upgrades for..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Trims can be whatever you want them to be with a back end flash. Fuel pressure on E85 only will likely require an inline pump. On E85 + meth, zero issues so far on a 100% stock fuel system. Not unlike many N54s running around at 500rw+ on E85 + meth on a stock fuel system.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Trims can be whatever you want them to be with a back end flash. Fuel pressure on E85 only will likely require an inline pump. On E85 + meth, zero issues so far on a 100% stock fuel system. Not unlike many N54s running around at 500rw+ on E85 + meth on a stock fuel system.
    Is the n55 the same as the n54 in terms of intank fuel pump? Can you add a 255 just like that?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I know the N55 is running a different Injectors (not sure about other fueling system components), just presumed that without meth you're approaching the max capacity of the OEM fueling system. I also know that a few N55 owners that have tried the N54 LPFP upgrades are seeing fault codes on their iDrive screen.

Regardless, greet numbers -- Eager to see some Pump Gas & Performance Numbers (1/4 miles, 60-130s)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Is the n55 the same as the n54 in terms of intank fuel pump? Can you add a 255 just like that?
    Not had the need to get involved with it yet but seems to be the same parts. We'll cross that bridge when fuel pressure starts tanking. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This + X1 AWD FTW!

I'm liking this for an X3.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This + X1 AWD FTW!
    I'm not sure which turbo solution I will be going with, but I will be upgrading the turbo on my X1. Should put me low-mid 11's.
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not sure which turbo solution I will be going with, but I will be upgrading the turbo on my X1. Should put me low-mid 11's.
    You do not really have several choices at the moment. This would definitely put you in the low 11's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You do not really have several choices at the moment. This would definitely put you in the low 11's.
    If I want to run a backend flash I don't have ANY choices at the moment since Cobb can't figure out how to work with 2012+ ECU's.

I will see what happens as this and the impending PTF solution mature, then make a decision once Cobb fixes the tuning situation.
    N55 AWD World Record: X1 35i 11.930@116mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its gonna be a long ways off before any other N55 upgrades hit the market, all of the ones on the horizon get rid of everything, and bolt on completely new manifolds, turbos, piping, etc, etc, etc. Meaning if you have any warranty left, keep your car away from the dealer as one look down there and its most likely voided. We went the hybrid approach because it leaves warranties intact, and has the potential for good power gains, can it match the power potential of a full bolt on system, it cannot. But they will be more expensive, invasive, and 90% of people are happy with 500 / 550 street cars.

The wait for the other kits may let tuning catch up, which would be a good thing, as trying to tune a stage 3 style system without a flash, back end or complete tune would be pointless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by paradoxical3 Click here to enlarge
    since Cobb can't figure out how to work with 2012+ ECU's.
    I think that's a bit unfair. They are working on it. Saying they can't implies they never well.

In their defense nobody has those things cracked. BMW decided to screw everyone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great work guys!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll be taking this car to Famoso tomorrow. Conditions will be good. Hopefully no tuning issues crop up preventing good times down the 1/4. I did a couple VBOX runs last night just to ensure it would make it down the track and traps were in the 122mph range full weight. Should be good for mid 11s with traction. RB N54 335s full weight run around 125mph on average so we're not that far off. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    VERY NICE! Hopefully it holds up LOL. N54 guys better look out.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I'll be taking this car to Famoso tomorrow. Conditions will be good. Hopefully no tuning issues crop up preventing good times down the 1/4. I did a couple VBOX runs last night just to ensure it would make it down the track and traps were in the 122mph range full weight. Should be good for mid 11s with traction. RB N54 335s full weight run around 125mph on average so we're not that far off. Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast