Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Lol, different motor homeboy, keep it fictional my man
    Please, do explain to everyone why the S65 will look like an N54 curve suddenly. Please, we're all waiting.

But.. it does closely resemble what im talking about. Kinda n54 like how even that dyno, doesnt have a flate curve like the s65, and doesnt the m156 flow well up top too...? Almost like an n54
    Umm that is a pretty nice curve and secondly the curve with the blower mirrors it except moving it up. The blower doesn't suddenly make it something different. Once again, you don't know what you're talking about and it's sad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

So, in a thread you deleted, called why no twin screw for the s65, I wanted to do a custom roots/ TS blower, and you listed a host of reasons why its a bad choice, but now its great?

As per the curve, because its gon a be hot all the time and the intercooler wont keep up. High IATs + 8300+rpm + S65 = no power

But its ok, we will see. Keep at it Harrop, I love the idea, the car sounds amazing. I wish the prototype test guy in NY didnt take it off and buy something different, that would have been funClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

So, in a thread you deleted, called why no twin screw for the s65, I wanted to do a custom roots/ TS blower, and you listed a host of reasons why its a bad choice, but now its great?
    Deleted? I think you mean this thread: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...re-twin-screws

Don't mind me, just keep pulling things out of your rear end.

Try reading the thread and maybe you will understand I created it because I like the idea but went into the reasons why it is difficult to do and we have not seen it. If you don't believe me, talk to Harop. I did at Bimmerfest and have have an ongoing dialog with them, do you? Oh, nope, you don't.

As per the curve, because its gon a be hot all the time and the intercooler wont keep up. High IATs + 8300+rpm + S65 = no power
    Oh, ok, because at 5.5 psi an Eaton TVS is generating how much heat? Do you know where a roots is most efficient? It's like talking to an infant about tuning.

But its ok, we will see. Keep at it Harrop, I love the idea, the car sounds amazing. I wish the prototype test guy in NY didnt take it off and buy something different, that would have been fun
    They are keeping it up and that's the whole point. Interjecting with trying to compare yourself to it is self-centered, narrow minded, and narcissistic. Maybe you should just let people talk about the kit? I won't show you much more patience if this continues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky, why do you feel the need to project your personal attributes on me? It woukd be wise to stop calling and emailing people and talking negatively about me as well, ive remained as civil and professional as possible, returning the favor would suit you well...

Oh, and lets see some iats of 5.5 psi at 7k rpms.. ive seen them, but hey, who cares about data when you can create information based on no experience

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Lol, different motor homeboy, keep it fictional my man

But.. it does closely resemble what im talking about. Kinda n54 like how even that dyno, doesnt have a flate curve like the s65, and doesnt the m156 flow well up top too...? Almost like an n54Click here to enlarge
    Im going to have to disagree with you I don't see how you see a n54 curve in that Weistec M156. The n54 falls off hard up top and your basically losing power after 6K rpm while this motor makes power all the way to redline and never falls only slightly flattens up top while still climbing positively. The n54 will be falling off a cliff at this point. The m156 does flow well that's why you see it mirror it's stock curve with just a lot more hp/torque because it's making ~7psi across the rev range not just at higher rpm while building boost down low/ mid like a centri. Just don't get how you see it resemble the n54 curve at all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Sticky, why do you feel the need to project your personal attributes on me? It woukd be wise to stop calling and emailing people and talking negatively about me as well, ive remained as civil and professional as possible, returning the favor would suit you well...

Oh, and lets see some iats of 5.5 psi at 7k rpms.. ive seen them, but hey, who cares about data when you can create information based on no experience
    You seriously think I call or e-mail people about you? Yeah, my call log is filled with me dialing out to people across the country to discuss some guy on my forum. Are you high?

Please, post these messages or phone calls. I give you permission.

Stop making things up and creating drama constantly. You haven't seen anything from Harrop.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Im going to have to disagree with you I don't see how you see a n54 curve in that Weistec M156. The n54 falls off hard up top and your basically losing power after 6K rpm while this motor makes power all the way to redline and never falls only slightly flattens up top while still climbing positively.
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. You're quite correct regarding the curve.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    The m156 does flow well that's why you see it mirror it's stock curve with just a lot more hp/torque because it's making ~7psi across the rev range not just at higher rpm while building boost down low/ mid like a centri. Just don't get how you see it resemble the n54 curve at all
    All it takes is a glance at the graph and even someone who knows absolutely nothing about cars can see it.

A positive displacement will move the stock curve up everywhere throughout the rev range not just in certain areas as it isn't spinning an impeller that increases boost with an increase in engine rpm. It is always making boost. Supercharger 101.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

12 days and counting, we'll see why tq wins races soon enough

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Looking forward to seeing it in action.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LockedUp Click here to enlarge
    12 days and counting, we'll see why tq wins races soon enough
    Did you get this kit? is it production ready?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Not quite yet. They are getting there.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    It shipped out, thats all so far. You'll have to wait until sticky copy and pastes my updates though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

It shipped out, thats all so far. You'll have to wait until sticky copy and pastes my updates though
    I can just go directly to Harrop. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I can just go directly to Harrop. Thanks!
    Ill be sure to let them know how awesomely professional you and this site are Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Ill be sure to let them know how awesomely professional you and this site are Click here to enlarge
    You clearly are the bastion of professionalism. I've spoken with the guys in person they know me quite well, thanks.

This thread is about the Harrop supercharger. If your whole purpose here will be to derail threads with your negativity... well, it will be stopped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by LockedUp is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder how this kit works.
    Does anybody know if they keep the independant throttlebodies? Or is there a new throttlebody in front of the supercharger?
    Information on this kit is very limited. On the front (the inlet piece) there sits some kind of device, but that could also be a map sensor or so.
    All volumetric supercharger setups that I know of have a TB in front of the supercharger, but maybe harrop has made a setup that that doesn't have to be that way.
    E85 Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Custom Brembo BBK front/rear | Schrick cams | Schmiedmann headers/cats | Powerflex/strongflex/PSB PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GuidoK Click here to enlarge
    I wonder how this kit works.
    Does anybody know if they keep the independant throttlebodies? Or is there a new throttlebody in front of the supercharger?
    Information on this kit is very limited. On the front (the inlet piece) there sits some kind of device, but that could also be a map sensor or so.
    All volumetric supercharger setups that I know of have a TB in front of the supercharger, but maybe harrop has made a setup that that doesn't have to be that way.
    The use a bypass valve to vent pressure I think.

This thing has been in the works forever. I know they tried several tuners. I don't know where they are at now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GuidoK Click here to enlarge
    There's a good thread on this I started in the S65 section. Was called positive displacement superchargers or something of that sort.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

The use a bypass valve to vent pressure I think.

This thing has been in the works forever. I know they tried several tuners. I don't know where they are at now.
    There are a few M3s with this kit out in the wild.
    One was for sale locally a few months ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    There are a few M3s with this kit out in the wild.
    One was for sale locally a few months ago.
    Probably for sale for a reason.

It still hasn't hit the market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Probably for sale for a reason.

It still hasn't hit the market.
    What do you mean? Of course it has hit the market. You can order it right now, even has a special with ARH headers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean? Of course it has hit the market. You can order it right now, even has a special with ARH headers.
    Oh really? Hit the market with the force of a baby's punch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Oh really? Hit the market with the force of a baby's punch.
    I'd move the goalposts too if I were that wrong. But w/e. You know what really hasn't hit the market yet? Gintani's turbo kit

For a 'Stage 1' PD blower at only 5psi, I think it's numbers are pretty decent, especially down low. Most ESS and VF kits are around those power levels with similar boost levels but making far less power below 6k rpms. And it already ran low 11s on 20" rims, quicker than any other stage 1 kit. I'm just glad vendors are still making things for this platform. Maybe one day we'll have a proper turbo kit or open tuning options like the S54 guys have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I'd move the goalposts too if I were that wrong. But w/e. You know what really hasn't hit the market yet? Gintani's turbo kit
    Which I'm clearly in charge of. Although who the hell wants a TVS blower with turbos around? Seriously?

For a 'Stage 1' PD blower at only 5psi, I think it's numbers are pretty decent, especially down low. Most ESS and VF kits are around those power levels with similar boost levels but making far less power below 6k rpms. And it already ran low 11s on 20" rims, quicker than any other stage 1 kit. I'm just glad vendors are still making things for this platform. Maybe one day we'll have a proper turbo kit or open tuning options like the S54 guys have.
    Yes, positive displacement is better than centri. At least as far as toque down low is concerned.

Did you happen to know Harrop asked Gintani to help tune this kit? No? Oh, well now you do.

I saw this kit in person three years ago at Bimmefest. I rode in the twin turbo car just over a year ago.

As someone with more first hand experience with all three of these setups than you... well. You buy what you want to buy.

If it's finally available I'm glad. The more options the better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast