Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Harrop Engineering releases power figures and a new teaser video of their Eaton TVS1740 positive displacement BMW S65 V8 supercharger kit

The last update we had on the Easton TVS1740 based positive displacement supercharger kit for the S65 V8 in the E9X M3 was back in September with a small teaser video showing the hardware running on an M3. This is a difficult project and to date there is no positive displacement based supercharger kit available for the E9X M3 as they are all based on a centrifugal blower. BimmerBoost is glad to see progress has been made along with some preliminary power figures being released at 5.5 psi of boost.

Click here to enlarge

How much is it putting down? According to Harrop:

Dynapack axle data without powertrain correction
    - 3000rpm: 460Nm (340ft/lb) v 330Nm std
    - 5000rpm: 540Nm (400ft/lb) v 340Nm std
    - 7000rpm: 373Kw (500hp) v 255Kw std
    - 5.5psi peak boost

BimmerBoost of course has to ask, why was it only run to 7000 rpm on the dyno? What is the power figure at redline? Why was a dyno graph not shown? Clearly these are details that will all come but all questions BimmerBoost members will no doubt be asking.

This a very difficult project to tune for due to the independent throttle bodies but it seems Harrop has developed a solution involved an electronic blow off valve to bleed boost so air is not forced onto the throttle bodies when they are closed.

There is still work to be done but this kit is coming along nicely and will be quite different in its power delivery to anything else currently on the market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Damn, it sounds pretty sick.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm really excited for this kit. I would love to see a Positive displacement M3 running around with DCT. Compete with a weistec C63 Amg?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    I'm really excited for this kit. I would love to see a Positive displacement M3 running around with DCT. Compete with a weistec C63 Amg?
    I don't think so. The centrifugals will have the performance edge although they won't have the response or power delivery.

Not to mention you have to keep boost lower on this due to the hit on the rods.

This is more about the driving experience than an all out performance option.

A built motor setup with 12 psi or so would be a hell of a lot of fun though!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A car that weighs 3700lbs with 500hp and 400ft lbs of sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me. Plus it wasn't even close to red line so may 550 to 575 hp!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    A car that weighs 3700lbs with 500hp and 400ft lbs of sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me. Plus it wasn't even close to red line so may 550 to 575 hp!?
    It isn't 3700, it's lighter.

I don't know what the HP is at redline looking forward to seeing that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Cant wait to see real numbers, then put them to the test and destroy it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Cant wait to see real numbers, then put them to the test and destroy it Click here to enlarge
    Get over yourself.

This kit isn't being marketed as the ultimate acceleration option. It offers a completely different powerband.

And if you want to talk about getting destroyed, line up with a real M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Lol, bring your car out, guarantee I win, bring a harrop car out guarantee I win. Basically, if your involved, I guarantee I win.

Harrop looks like fun though, hope the intercooler is up to task Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Lol, bring your car out, guarantee I win, bring a harrop car out guarantee I win. Basically, if your involved, I guarantee I win.
    Cool story bro.

Harrop looks like fun though, hope the intercooler is up to task
    Oh that's right it's a thread about a Harrop SC option which is different from everything else on the market and not about delusions of grandeur.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Root style will eat a Centrifugal of the same boost level all day it doesn't matter if my girl friend is driving or Nelson Piquet is driving the root blower.

This is a true game changer once it is a production kit.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm interested to see what the power band is going to look like. I imagine the throttle response will be insane. This plus dct will be one serious driving machine

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m3816 Click here to enlarge
    Root style will eat a Centrifugal of the same boost level all day it doesn't matter if my girl friend is driving or Nelson Piquet is driving the root blower.
    It really depends on the speeds and the race. Drag race? It should at the same boost. Roll on? I'll take the centri in that race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    I'm interested to see what the power band is going to look like. I imagine the throttle response will be insane. This plus dct will be one serious driving machine
    This is the best SC for those who want the stock response but with more power everywhere. Maybe the response will be even better.

For pure driving feel and pleasure, I'd take this setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

This is a true game changer once it is a production kit.
    Click here to enlarge

Is that so? Cant wait to put that theory in the dumpster.

Kit does look incredibly fun though. Sounds amazing, exactly what i
    was looking for a while back

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Dont be so bend out of shape bro. I am running 17psi on my rotrex and I am certain that a root will eat me from the dig. This is not a my kit is better than your kit BS. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Dont be so bend out of shape bro. I am running 17psi on my rotrex and I am certain that a root will eat me from the dig. This is not a my kit is better than your kit BS. Click here to enlarge
    At 17 psi a roots setup won't eat you with equal boost because it will be out of its efficiency range by that point. A twin screw though depending on its size would be a different story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

My point is a Centri with 5-7psi will lose to a root style of same boost range. I only brought up my boost so he understand, I am not dogging his set up and I am too running a Centrifugal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

My point is a Centri with 5-7psi will lose to a root style of same boost range. I only brought up my boost so he understand, I am not dogging his set up and I am too running a Centrifugal.
    Trust me I understand I am simply pointing out it depends on the circumstances. There are different boost levels, motors, and speeds to consider so it is not black and white.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I am curious about the price range of this setup, should be interesting.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    I am curious about the price range of this setup, should be interesting.
    Pricing range: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...er-kit-running

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Not a bad price...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Like I said, boost is only one aspect, looking forward to running against one, and showing people wrong, as is common practice these days.
    I love roots blowers, the sound is intoxicating. ? I had one before, so after having more and more experience with different setups and KNOWING the pros and cons to each, its easy to see what will happen.

The harrop, again, looks monstrously fun, but its the polar opposite of a vortech. Major tq all over, but the s65 will hate it up top. It will resemble an n54 power curve.

I hope its released soon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Like I said, boost is only one aspect, looking forward to running against one, and showing people wrong, as is common practice these days.
    What are you talking about? You have a supercharged on a used M3, relax there. What exactly have you shown or done? You don't hold any record for anything on the platform and never have or will. You seriously delude yourself and it's comical to the actual people who matter on the platform.

Major tq all over, but the s65 will hate it up top. It will resemble an n54 power curve.
    W T F

LOL, and people are supposed to take you seriously? Um, this is what a supercharged M156 looks like with a positive displacement:

Click here to enlarge

How does it look like an N54? Actually, it looks like the stock curve just moved up EVERYWHERE as it would on the M3 as you are making the max boost as it is spinning at the set spinning from the pulley EVERYWHERE.

It's always funny to see this guy try to talk tech. So turbo power curves are roots curves now? Too funny.

Nobody is sitting here and pitting the centri kits against this performance wise. You don't need to constantly interject and remind everyone you have an Evolve kit. We get it, cool, you have a supercharged M3. Now let's get back to talk about a setup other than yours k thx bye.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Lol, different motor homeboy, keep it fictional my man

But.. it does closely resemble what im talking about. Kinda n54 like how even that dyno, doesnt have a flate curve like the s65, and doesnt the m156 flow well up top too...? Almost like an n54Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast