Close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Non RFTs on 335d

Hi All,

Noob (UK bases) here with an E91 335d (Touring/estate) SE, Terra dakota leather, sunroof and a few other goodies. Just changed my Bridgestone RFTs (225/45 17" all round) for Continental Sport Contacts 3s (non RFT) and the difference is astonishing! No more tramlining, the crashiness has gone and the tyres resist aquaplaning far better!

Cool website!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks, happy to have you!

A lot of people from the UK joining, and we are happy to expand our international presence!

If there is anything you would like to see, let us know.

Thank you for the info on switching from the RFT's, most people have been complaining about them and not going back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think a lot of owners felt they shouldn't change after being fed some rather dubious "info" about suspension being tuned for RFTs... Funnily enough BMW now seem to be offering RFTs as options with no suggestion of any change in suspension settings!

Would be good to see a few other UK users! I'm afraid the UK section E90Post has been taken over by some rather nasty characters. A real shame.

Anyway what great cars the six (and eight) pot E9* series are!! Got the car six months ago and completely love it - the non RFTs have sorted the only real weakness out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E91-335d Click here to enlarge
    I think a lot of owners felt they shouldn't change after being fed some rather dubious "info" about suspension being tuned for RFTs... Funnily enough BMW now seem to be offering RFTs as options with no suggestion of any change in suspension settings!

Would be good to see a few other UK users! I'm afraid the UK section E90Post has been taken over by some rather nasty characters. A real shame.

Anyway what great cars the six (and eight) pot E9* series are!! Got the car six months ago and completely love it - the non RFTs have sorted the only real weakness out.
    Rather impossible to tune the suspension specifically for runflats... just superfluous talk to hype it up.

We could definitely use your help with driving UK membership! I'll try my best but we are new.

My last 4 cars have been bimmers, just love em, all of em Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And now you have an E92 M3 - me, jealous? Maybe a little... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E91-335d Click here to enlarge
    And now you have an E92 M3 - me, jealous? Maybe a little... Click here to enlarge
    Check it out, let me know what you think: http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...rd-Fastest-E9X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Holy cr4p!!! Not just any M3 either!

I'm a bit more of a "stealth" car fan (leaving my car stock externally) but that is very "evil" looking - and SO quick!

Amazing!