Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 93 of 93
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You said M3? Ok, well I think that shows M3's can easily hang. I don't doubt the S65 will have similar results at similar power levels. We'll see soon enough but I just wouldn't get too carried away.
    cmon man...you knew exactly what i was talking about....if you wanna compare an m3 that old ill throw an old i-roc z at that m3 that will blow its doors off...lol
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Max psi ran 1000 wheel in an e36. Not an e92. Why are you comparing your car to there's when a) yours isn't capable of making the same power on a ysi. And b) you're much heavier than that e36 so even if you did make the same power you would still not run as quickly. C) they've been dialing that setup in for how long?
    He stated M3. I answered his question.

    a) my car is capable of making the same power

    b) my car isn't that much heavier

    c) so what?

    d) do they have a dct?

    Guess you haven't seen that E92 M3's are actually trapping faster for their wheel horsepower than E46's or E36's.

    Run along, you're out of your element.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    cmon man...you knew exactly what i was talking about....if you wanna compare an m3 that old ill throw an old i-roc z at that m3 that will blow its doors off...lol
    I wasn't sure as you seemed to be saying all M3's.

    Regardless, I'm not concerned. Your setup is great and will make nice power. Even in the context of E92 M3's once again I'm not concerned.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your not investing in anything, buying anything, or doing anything with a DCT. I don't even know why you're talking this does not concern you whatsoever and you have no knowledge on the limits of the DCT or what torque figures have been hit thus far. Let the big boys talk, run along now.
    AH, the infamous Sticky "you're poor" argument. And in regards to why I'm commenting on this, it's an internet forum. The whole purpose of this place is for open discussion on various automotive topics. If we're going to mandate ownership to comment in a specific section, perhaps you should stay out of all the N54/N55/non-S65 threads
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    708
    Rep Points
    566.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No you need to learn how to read before you start telling anyone anything.

    LOL 4.0 liters can't hit 900 wheel torque.

    LOL at not understanding the discs are 900 pound-feet capable and misconstruiing that for saying one is making 900 pound-feet.

    LOL at telling me to shut up.

    Don't run your mouth at me.
    youre not understanding. You'll never hit 900ft lbs with a ysi. You prolly would never even see 800 ft lbs which your comparing yourself to turbo charged cars. Oh because you're almighty sticky you can defy the laws of physics because your pockets are deep ?All it takes is for him to slap a ysi on there and boom. He's at your power levels. Slap thanks so much for doing the hardwork sticky. High and mighty like you're a king. You ain't $#@!.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

    Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    AH, the infamous Sticky "you're poor" argument. And in regards to why I'm commenting on this, it's an internet forum. The whole purpose of this place is for open discussion on various automotive topics. If we're going to mandate ownership to comment in a specific section, perhaps you should stay out of all the N54/N55/non-S65 threads
    No it's the infamous Sticky you have nothing to do with the topic and aren't experienced with the topic argument.

    Are you aware of high torque M3 setups that would be better candidates for this setup than the one you actually suggested? You aren't? Well I am.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The whole purpose of this place is for open discussion on various automotive topics. If we're going to mandate ownership to comment in a specific section, perhaps you should stay out of all the N54/N55/non-S65 threads
    Perhaps you should dictate the rules when it's your privately owned forum?

    Feel free to discuss whatever you want. Just as I will feel free to tell you you're wrong.

    Once again, you have little knowledge on the subject and no first hand experience with DCT builds. Perhaps the person who has the most experience here should be commenting? Oh wait, that's me.

    So, if they want to find a car for this upgrade I know of several that would work and be better candidates. This has been mentioned in e-mails between them and I. You're wasting your time here.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I wasn't sure as you seemed to be saying all M3's.

    Regardless, I'm not concerned. Your setup is great and will make nice power. Even in the context of E92 M3's once again I'm not concerned.
    for someone to say they are not concerned about running a sportscar with a twin 6266 427ci sbc on racegas in kill mode they would have to be packing some funny car kind of power....while i agree you dont need to make as much as me to beat me, my power ceiling is waaaaaaaaaaay higher than yours....and all i have to do it turn up the boost
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    youre not understanding. You'll never hit 900ft lbs with a ysi. You prolly would never even see 800 ft lbs which your comparing yourself to turbo charged cars. Oh because you're almighty sticky you can defy the laws of physics because your pockets are deep ?All it takes is for him to slap a ysi on there and boom. He's at your power levels. Slap thanks so much for doing the hardwork sticky. High and mighty like you're a king. You ain't $#@!.
    No you're not understanding that 900 pound-feet isn't some mandate. 700 pound-feet is good enough for 1100 freaking wheel horsepower. Just because the discs are rated to a torque level doesn't mean you have to hit that torque level or that anyone is saying they are making 900 pound-feet. What is with your thinking?

    Seriously, are you an idiot? What do you not understand?

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,199
    Rep Points
    1,800.3
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Are you aware of high torque M3 setups that would be better candidates for this setup than the one you actually suggested? You aren't? Well I am.
    The Harrop or a smaller TT setup would be better candidates. Both will have a much more abusive low-end TQ punch that will be a better test for the DCT clutch capabilities.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Once again, you have little knowledge on the subject and no first hand experience with DCT builds. Perhaps the person who has the most experience here should be commenting? Oh wait, that's me.
    What first hand experience do you have with DCT builds besides signing checks? Pretty sure you're not doing any of the R&D or turning any wrenches.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    while i agree you dont need to make as much as me to beat me, my power ceiling is waaaaaaaaaaay higher than yours....and all i have to do it turn up the boost
    I don't disagree those motors will always have more power potential but I'm talking about your car specifically at the power levels you are quoting specifically. The fact an M3 with a blower and without turbos will be able to run with it speaks volumes to the difference in platform efficiency.

    Is this a thread about clutch upgrades or just a general free for all? Because it started with LostMarines BS and now others want to chime in to pick a fight for the sake of picking a fight.

    Well done people.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    The Harrop or a smaller TT setup would be better candidates.
    No the Harrop isn't a better candidate. Yes, the TT would be a better candidate exactly. Do you know who is doing several of these? Oh wait, I do.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    What first hand experience do you have with DCT builds besides signing checks? Pretty sure you're not doing any of the R&D or turning any wrenches.
    And someone volunteering for this upgrade would be doing what exactly? Hand making the discs and installing them as well as programming their trans? Talk about reaching for nothing.

    What experience do I have? Oh you know about 80 launches at the strip. Having it taken apart, dissected, new parts made, and the first one to actually do any of this. Your hands on experience is basically masturbating to the people actually doing these things.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't disagree those motors will always have more power potential but I'm talking about your car specifically at the power levels you are quoting specifically. The fact an M3 with a blower and without turbos will be able to run with it speaks volumes to the difference in platform efficiency.

    Is this a thread about clutch upgrades or just a general free for all? Because it started with LostMarines BS and now others want to chime in to pick a fight for the sake of picking a fight.

    Well done people.
    those power figures i quoted were on the motor i have now....

    once i put the 427 in ill have 1000whp on tap on pump gas all day long

    matter of fact there is a TT v by you that has a 434 and made 1100whp already on much smaller turbos than mine....but he has a set of 6766s now....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    those power figures i quoted were on the motor i have now....

    once i put the 427 in ill have 1000whp on tap on pump gas all day long

    matter of fact there is a TT v by you that has a 434 and made 1100whp already on much smaller turbos than mine....but he has a set of 6766s now....
    Ok?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok?
    so you expect to outrun a 1100-1200whp V?
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    so you expect to outrun a 1100-1200whp V?
    Yes.

    I honestly think a CTS-V at that wheel horsepower level will probably run what, ~150?

    So once again I'm not concerned. Are there LS motors that will win? Yeah a fairly good amount. But I think you're underestimating the platform. Severely really.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes.

    I honestly think a CTS-V at that wheel horsepower level will probably run what, ~150?

    we dont know just yet...but we will soon as the tracks open back up
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    we dont know just yet...but we will soon as the tracks open back up
    Based on what the cars have run already for their wheel hp and torque figures I think that's the right range. We can both agree it will need more power. So let's assume an M3 has 1000 wheel and the CTS-V has 1000 wheel, the M3 will always win in that scenario.

    That's my point.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,809.9
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Well now that Dodson is traumatized and nothing was accomplished other than the usual bickering I guess this has run its course.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •