Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by csl335i Click here to enlarge
    F10 M5 DCT has the same clutch pack as the 335i or m3 DCT (source: realoem) and has the same oil pump (source: realoem). In my opinion not the clutches and the oil pump are the weakest part of the story if M5 DCT can handle 560HP and 680NM.
    It doesn't have the same clutches from what I understand. Realoem may be wrong on that one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't have the same clutches from what I understand. Realoem may be wrong on that one?
    But Realoem has electrolytes...
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Who says LM stays at his current power level? I know he doesn't do launches at the drag strip bc he knows there is no real way to beef up the dct and it will eventually break from repeated launches in a stock internal supercharged car.

As I said, let dodson make the decision. If I were you, I'd be happy a Bimmerboost member is getting all the publicity with the evolve kit, documenting it with countless vids and then possibly doing the same for the Dodson upgrade. It would help this site, but that ship has unfortunately sailed and you two had a falling out and now I don't think either of you will back each other ever again.

My number one goal would be to push this site and the members on it, not fight and undercut people's efforts to pioneer things for the boosted s65's future.

All the content and relevancy of this site point to a couple members and their contributions, it's not hard to figure out who those members are, or better yet who used to be those key members.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    If I were you, I'd be happy a Bimmerboost member is getting all the publicity with the evolve kit, documenting it with countless vids and then possibly doing the same for the Dodson upgrade. It would help this site, but that ship has unfortunately sailed and you two had a falling out and now I don't think either of you will back each other ever again.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with looking for a setup to demonstrate torque capability of clutch packs. Throwing in discs for supercharged power levels is one thing and then discs for 900+ pound-feet capability is another. His car isn't capable of pushing this area, it is what it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This has absolutely nothing to do with looking for a setup to demonstrate torque capability of clutch packs. Throwing in discs for supercharged power levels is one thing and then discs for 900+ pound-feet capability is another. His car isn't capable of pushing this area, it is what it is.
    Does it matter? Your car at it's power level right now isn't making 900 lb ft. Your car even maxing out the YSI wouldn't make 900 lb ft. For your displacement you would definitely need the F1 and up tier to make that much torque. We're talking far beyond your record breaking 773 whp. Definitely into the 1xxx range.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

L O L. My latest invoice alone is more than your entire setup costs. World's most powerful DCT M3, right here. World's most delusional M3 owner, you.

Dodson is posting on my forum. As the administrator I'm making my recommendation based on actually having the world's most powerful DCT car and with far more experience on torque limits and levels with the DCT which I have maxed out. You are not what they are looking for and I have discussed these things with them in private. Sorry buddy, you're just not up there or relevant.

You don't seem to understand I already have parts from Getrag and am not telling them to go to Gintani or anything like that. I hope this sinks in.

Like how you are bashing Harrop while I'm promoting their product for free? Right. Good call.

No I'm specifically addressing you. Oh and how about that, I get paid to this? And you don't? Yep.

I must be confused as it seems to me vendors are banning you from threads for bashing. Must be my imagination.

The forum is better without you. Vendors get along better here without you. I enjoy my forum better without you. Take a hint.
    I think we get the point.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That is the dumbest thing I've read in this thread. Um, seeing clutches that can handle the torque necessary for 1000 whp is more impressive than seeing them handle a stock internal setup, yawn. If they can take 1000 whp they most certainly can take mild boost on a stock motor producing almost half that.
    Because depending on the price and the drivability of the Dodson equipment, it might be more worthwhile for the significant majority of boosted S65 owners (stock motors) to just replace the DCT clutch pack with an OEM set.

There's nothing proven by using it on your car because it requires a clutch pack upgrade. We already know that the OEM clutch pack won't work on your high power, unicorn build E9x M3 that 98% of community will never build to. BUT by illustrating it works as an OEM replacement that can withstand a significant amount of abuse (whether using LC, aggressive driving on a track, etc), you market and illustrate the product as a true upgrade that the average customer would invest in.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    434, LS7, YSi 14 psi dyno. 991/838.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=500571

454, LS7, YSi, 12 psi dyno, 965/ under 800 wtq

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-and-more.html

My computer is acting dumb so we will stop here. Do tell how you plan to hit 900+ wtq with only 4.0 or 4.6l of displacement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Meant to upvote, glad to see someone stop the butt hurt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    all i know is once i fire up cupcake no m3 will be making more power than my V Click here to enlarge
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Does it matter? Your car at it's power level right now isn't making 900 lb ft. Your car even maxing out the YSI wouldn't make 900 lb ft. For your displacement you would definitely need the F1 and up tier to make that much torque. We're talking far beyond your record breaking 773 whp. Definitely into the 1xxx range.
    The point is to get the highest powered DCT isn't it? Did you read the thread title?

I'm not making 773 I'm well beyond that so I don't know what you're talking about.

I also wrote 900 pound-foot capability. Check your reading comprehension as its an issue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

My computer is acting dumb so we will stop here. Do tell how you plan to hit 900+ wtq with only 4.0 or 4.6l of displacement.
    Who is saying they plan to hit 900 wheel torque? The discs were quoted to me as capable of up to that amount. Not sure what you aren't understanding.

Additionally, what, 4.0 liters can't hit 900 wheel torque? Why not? Haven't you see what GTR's, supras, etc., have done? Where have you been?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    all i know is once i fire up cupcake no m3 will be making more power than my V Click here to enlarge
    I don't think your V will pose much of a threat honestly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I don't think your V will pose much of a threat honestly.

you must be making like 1200whp if my V isnt going to pose a threat

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Because depending on the price and the drivability of the Dodson equipment, it might be more worthwhile for the significant majority of boosted S65 owners (stock motors) to just replace the DCT clutch pack with an OEM set.

There's nothing proven by using it on your car because it requires a clutch pack upgrade. We already know that the OEM clutch pack won't work on your high power, unicorn build E9x M3 that 98% of community will never build to. BUT by illustrating it works as an OEM replacement that can withstand a significant amount of abuse (whether using LC, aggressive driving on a track, etc), you market and illustrate the product as a true upgrade that the average customer would invest in.
    Don't you think its dependent on application? The OEM set might not even be good enough for people who want to drag race naturally aspirated. It completely is application dependent. Peak torque is something different though.

There's nothing proven by using it on your car because it requires a clutch pack upgrade.
    I'm not using this on my own car.

We already know that the OEM clutch pack won't work on your high power, unicorn build E9x M3 that 98% of community will never build to.
    Unicorn build okie dokie. Um, with single turbo upgrades coming out for DCT 335's plus twin turbos coming for the M3 big torque is a reality. That might be a unicorn to you since its way out of your price range but others are doing it. You should probably let those actually doing things talk instead of interjecting pointlessly.

you market and illustrate the product as a true upgrade that the average customer would invest in.
    Your not investing in anything, buying anything, or doing anything with a DCT. I don't even know why you're talking this does not concern you whatsoever and you have no knowledge on the limits of the DCT or what torque figures have been hit thus far. Let the big boys talk, run along now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

you must be making like 1200whp if my V isnt going to pose a threat
    I don't think your V would beat a 900 wheel DCT M3 to be honest. Not because it's not fast or powerful but its very heavy and less efficient.

It's going to be fast no doubt but I'm not really worried about it. You're welcome to run if you want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I think we get the point.
    You sure? Or do we still need to talk about supercharged DCT M3's on stock internals which have been done to death?

The topic is HIGH PERFORMANCE clutches. Looking for highest powered DCT M3. Not just ANY dct M3. The idea is to build a high performance product that can take whatever any build may come along can throw at it.

Some of you just aren't getting it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't think your V would beat a 900 wheel DCT M3 to be honest. Not because it's not fast or powerful but its very heavy and less efficient.

It's going to be fast no doubt but I'm not really worried about it. You're welcome to run if you want.
    when an m3 (doesnt have to be yours) goes faster than 9.4@153 ill agree with you

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

when an m3 (doesnt have to be yours) goes faster than 9.4@153 ill agree with you
    They have. Max PSI just ran what, 160+ traps at around 1000 wheel? So you would need what, 1400 wheel to get close?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

They have. Max PSI just ran what, 160+ traps at around 1000 wheel? So you would need what, 1400 wheel to get close?
    im talking an s65...like yours

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

im talking an s65...like yours
    You said M3? Ok, well I think that shows M3's can easily hang. I don't doubt the S65 will have similar results at similar power levels. We'll see soon enough but I just wouldn't get too carried away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Who is saying they plan to hit 900 wheel torque? The discs were quoted to me as capable of up to that amount. Not sure what you aren't misunderstanding.

Additionally, what, 4.0 liters can't hit 900 wheel torque? Why not? Haven't you see what GTR's, supras, etc., have done? Where have you been?
    oh yea cause they're running ysi's. You talk too much. Shut up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Max psi ran 1000 wheel in an e36. Not an e92. Why are you comparing your car to there's when a) yours isn't capable of making the same power on a ysi. And b) you're much heavier than that e36 so even if you did make the same power you would still not run as quickly. C) they've been dialing that setup in for how long?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

oh yea cause they're running ysi's. You talk too much. Shut up.
    No you need to learn how to read before you start telling anyone anything.

LOL 4.0 liters can't hit 900 wheel torque.

LOL at not understanding the discs are 900 pound-feet capable and misconstruiing that for saying one is making 900 pound-feet.

LOL at telling me to shut up.

Don't run your mouth at me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast