Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    The McLaren P1 vs. The Sub Seven Minute Lap



    Unbelievable!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    510
    Rep Points
    759.1
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I watched this this morning, Great video! It has just the right footage...incredible views!
    Click here to enlarge
    Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
    I watched this this morning, Great video! It has just the right footage...incredible views!
    It's incredible how quick that car is... I dug up this quote: "So, did we do it? Did we complete a sub-7 lap? Yes, of course."

    one more: "There's a McLaren dealer going in across from our Porsche dealership. In talking with those guys they said they contacted the manufacturer about the ring time as they have sold some P1's and the customers want to know. McLaren told them the P1 ran a 6:47 on street tires and a 6:33 on slicks. The only reason there holding back on releasing the time is because there waiting for Ferrari to release the LaFerrari's time first so Ferrari doesn't use their time as a benchmark and try and go beat it"

    This opens a whole new realm in my opinion... This is like the McLaren F1 or the Jag XJ220 - it's something so much more than the rest, it's almost unreal. I can't imagine how fast that thing is - it's quicker than the Ferrari 312T F1 car of 1975 around the ring (6:58s), and it's road legal!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    523
    Rep Points
    582.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Minutes?

    ~Great video and awesome car.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21



    Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, should be... A little tired. @Sticky, can that be edited?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, should be... A little tired. @Sticky, can that be edited?
    Edited.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Damn that is an awesome and well done video.

    I think McLaren likely beat the 918 Spyder.

    I would sell you all into slavery for a P1. No doubt about it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Points
    54.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

    I would sell you all into slavery for a P1. No doubt about it.
    Likewise sticky. You'd be the first on the auction block haha.

    Mclaren definitely beat porsche no doubt. The only reason mclaren didn't post a time was because they didn't want to make a benchmark for Ferrari to aim for. I'm sure if ferraritheferrari posted lap time for the ring today mclaren will be posting theirs shortly after to prove who the big boy is. This is all marketing and a game involving mclaren and Ferrari.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nemesis07r Click here to enlarge
    Likewise sticky. You'd be the first on the auction block haha.
    Who would take me?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nemesis07r Click here to enlarge
    Mclaren definitely beat porsche no doubt. The only reason mclaren didn't post a time was because they didn't want to make a benchmark for Ferrari to aim for. I'm sure if ferraritheferrari posted lap time for the ring today mclaren will be posting theirs shortly after to prove who the big boy is. This is all marketing and a game involving mclaren and Ferrari.
    Of the 3 it's P1 for me then followed by the 918 Spyder.

    I think the La Ferrari is horribly styled and overdone but I need to see it in person.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Points
    54.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who would take me?


    im sure lost marine would be the most anxious to bid for ya! Lol

    yea, P1 is my favorite by far. Only thing I'm iffy about the P1 is it's engine. I'm sure it's an amazing engine with lots of potential but the fact that I know it's the same as the one in the 12c doesn't quite sit right with me. For a halo car and especially one to succeed the F1 I would have wanted and expected another engine soley for the P1. Because with the same engine as the 12c it just doesn't make the P1 as special as it could've been. I still love the P1 but just my 0.02.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nemesis07r Click here to enlarge
    'm sure it's an amazing engine with lots of potential but the fact that I know it's the same as the one in the 12c doesn't quite sit right with me. For a halo car and especially one to succeed the F1 I would have wanted and expected another engine soley for the P1.
    Honestly, it's a fantastic motor. High revving and turbocharged so you can tune it. The 918 Spyder is NA. So it depends what you want although I prefer the 918 V8 response, sound, and general awesomeness as a motor.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nemesis07r Click here to enlarge
    Because with the same engine as the 12c it just doesn't make the P1 as special as it could've been. I still love the P1 but just my 0.02.
    I get your point but they may have made some internal changes or changes with the turbos. We'll have to see.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Points
    54.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Regardless, I just want the P1 to show up the f60 just like how the F1 did it to the F40. I'm a fan of both makers but I do favor Mclaren more.

    On another note; funny story on how the Mclaren F1 got its name. While brainstorming for a name for the legendary Mac someone said "why not name it the F1 because it's 39 times better than the F40" or something along those lines. It was meant as a joke but they couldn't think of something else so it stuck lol. voila mclaren f1 it is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nemesis07r Click here to enlarge
    F1 did it to the F40
    Don't you mean F50?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nemesis07r Click here to enlarge
    why not name it the F1 because it's 39 times better than the F40" or something along those lines. It was meant as a joke but they couldn't think of something else so it stuck lol. voila mclaren f1 it is.
    I did not know that. Repped for interesting factoid which amused me.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Points
    54.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't you mean F50?



    I did not know that. Repped for interesting factoid which amused me.
    Nope not the F50, F40.

    If I'm not mistaken to this day, the F1 still holds the top speed record for an NA engine.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nemesis07r Click here to enlarge
    Nope not the F50, F40.

    If I'm not mistaken to this day, the F1 still holds the top speed record for an NA engine.
    But the F1 was superior to both although I take it you're going by date of introduction? I just consider the F50/F1 more on par whereas the F40 and 959 are more on par as they were 80's designs.

    I would think you're correct on the F1 top speed record.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Points
    54.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I totally agree that that the F1 was better than both the f40 and F50. Upon looking back at our previous posts I see where you're coming from. I thought you were talking about the naming thing between the f40 and f1, now I realize you're speaking in context of which car was superior.

    The F1 is actually capable of an even higher top speed but wasn't able to achieve it due to the transmission. It was either because the tranny didn't have a 7th gear, wasn't strong enough, or technology wasn't good enough at the time. One of those 3 reasons from what I have read but I can't quite remember

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Edited.
    Thanks!

    I am psyched to read a review of this thing - a purchasable racecar. I want a 12C bad enough, now this?? Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Great vid....and the sound of that car......O M G
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Points
    2,018.0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Great vid....and the sound of that car......O M G
    @bobS, it's ridiculous - I am still in awe over the time. I am curious now - and you prompted me to check out the specs of the LaFerrari, they are claiming it to be quicker (0-186 in 15s flat as opposed to 16.6s for the P1) - that seems a bit low to me, but listen to this thing:



    Nothing like the sound of two straight 6s glued together, egh?

    I would still personally take the P1 - just because I believe McLaren has the technology to do it right, where Ferrari is catering more to the person who just wants to think their car is the fastest. I live in Chicago, and constantly see these guys who are 50-60 years of age with a Ferrari - yet driving under the limit. Yeah, I understand people are more responsible at that age - but still, it's a damn race car. Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    God's Country, USA
    Posts
    238
    Rep Points
    204.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Damn that is an awesome and well done video.

    I think McLaren likely beat the 918 Spyder.

    I would sell you all into slavery for a P1. No doubt about it.
    I'd probably sell myself into slavery for the 918. I haven't seen any of these cars in person but in pictures the 918 is the prettiest to me.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fieldysnuts8 Click here to enlarge
    I'd probably sell myself into slavery for the 918. I haven't seen any of these cars in person but in pictures the 918 is the prettiest to me.
    I have seen it in person and I got aroused. I had to sit down.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have seen it in person and I got aroused. I had to sit down.

    And at least us mere mortals CAN buy a 918... you have to blow the McLaren boss (Whitmarsh) to be invited to buy the P1
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    And at least us mere mortals CAN buy a 918... you have to blow the McLaren boss (Whitmarsh) to be invited to buy the P1
    If I had the money for a P1 I'm sure I could get him to blow me.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If I had the money for a P1 I'm sure I could get him to blow me.

    Nope, they sold all 350 of them and you had to be invited... I heard one of the Dodgers pitchers bid someone $2 Millsky for one and they told him to eff off and McLaren THEN told the owner if they sold it on within a year or so they would be blackbanned........... they could have sold them all for $2M US and got the same response
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,249
    Rep Points
    32,700.6
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Nope, they sold all 350 of them and you had to be invited... I heard one of the Dodgers pitchers bid someone $2 Millsky for one and they told him to eff off and McLaren THEN told the owner if they sold it on within a year or so they would be blackbanned........... they could have sold them all for $2M US and got the same response
    Well he can blow me regardless.

    When you have that much cash it's just a number. All the high end people have that amount of cash. Having one or being invited to have one is just a status symbol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •