Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    The stock clutch can take a lot of power when its newer. Mine went at 70k and about 460wtq.

The way you're describing the clutch makes it sound aftermarket, but clutch weight to different people is a toss up. To me the stock clutch was feather light and the 3+ is light too. I drive it 80 miles through traffic each day and its nothing. To others the Stage 3+ is "heavy". Neither of those compare to my 92 Ford Explorer which doesn't compare to my 5.0 in clutch weight even. So its basically a crapshoot trying to talk to people about clutch weights.

To be honest it doesn't really matter since you're going to drive it anyway. If it is an aftermarket clutch and stronger than stock it has to be an HPF or stage 2+ or better id think.
    Yea that is true it depends on the person. To me it 100% felt stiffer than the E90 I felt, B8 S4, B6 S4, and E92 m3.
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hahaha that's a valid point. How do I quote multiple people instead of replying individually to each?
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster3500 Click here to enlarge
    If you are really curious you may be able to fit a cheap borescope in the small whole where the engine/trans meet. All you need to see is the color of the pressure plate.
    Just spoke to the owner of the shop that works on my car and he has a borescope. When I drop it off in two weeks i'm adding that to the list of things to be done so I guess I willk now for sure then. What colors correspond to what? I know Blue is spec, Yellow ACT, then what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    Just spoke to the owner of the shop that works on my car and he has a borescope. When I drop it off in two weeks i'm adding that to the list of things to be done so I guess I willk now for sure then. What colors correspond to what? I know Blue is spec, Yellow ACT, then what?
    I've got a HPF stage 1, pp looks just like stock Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I've got a HPF stage 1, pp looks just like stock Click here to enlarge
    $#@! well that's not good. Hahaha hopefully it's not HPF though cause then i'll have no way of knowing unless I drop the trans which i'm not doing hopefully for a long time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    $#@! well that's not good. Hahaha hopefully it's not HPF though cause then i'll have no way of knowing unless I drop the trans which i'm not doing hopefully for a long time
    Its actually easy with the HPF, slip the clutch and see if it welds itself to the FW lol.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Hmm. Interesting. I suggest you put Vargas Stage 3 or a huge single on it and see where the clutch slips. You know, as an easy way to determine without the complexity of finding and using a borescope. Just trying to help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Look at the TO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I have an 08 135i, my GF has an 07 335i. From experience i can tell you, both feel much different even though they are stock. It's weird but very few identical cars that i have driven back to back feel the same. The engagement point, the pedal feel...both can vary even on similar cars. Hers is on the lighter, springier side while mine is stiffer and grabbier.

Also at 76k im just beginning to see signs of slippage in 4th gear and up, before that the tires give before the clutch. This is with Dinan/JB+ stack on e30 and a lot of powershifting

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Its actually easy with the HPF, slip the clutch and see if it welds itself to the FW lol.
    Hahahahaha i've read about that. In that case I don't think it's HPF. A long time ago I did a few launches which were my first ever and I slipped the clutch way too much and you could smell burnt clutch and it was fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    Hmm. Interesting. I suggest you put Vargas Stage 3 or a huge single on it and see where the clutch slips. You know, as an easy way to determine without the complexity of finding and using a borescope. Just trying to help.
    Hahahaha I would love to, are you paying? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Look at the TO.
    Don't I have to drop the transmission to do that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by manbeer Click here to enlarge
    I have an 08 135i, my GF has an 07 335i. From experience i can tell you, both feel much different even though they are stock. It's weird but very few identical cars that i have driven back to back feel the same. The engagement point, the pedal feel...both can vary even on similar cars. Hers is on the lighter, springier side while mine is stiffer and grabbier.

Also at 76k im just beginning to see signs of slippage in 4th gear and up, before that the tires give before the clutch. This is with Dinan/JB+ stack on e30 and a lot of powershifting
    Yea I know what you mean different people definitely have different tolerance for stiffness, however, everyone i've let drive my car has said how stiff the clutch feels. Also it's not even close to the M3 I drove, a lot more stiff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12