Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    fbo stock turbos on an xi should be able to hit high 300s as I said no? low 400s with E85 blend right?
    That sounds about right, though low 400s all wheel sounds a bit optimistic to me. My bad, my post was meant to confirm yours, I worded it poorly. Haven’t had enough coffee this morning.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can go the FBO route with e85 or upgraded twins and get there, you can also go to a single turbo conversion (route I went) and put down high numbers. I daily drive mine with a relatively conservative tune and have been using boost juice (51/49 water/meth mix) so the wife doesn't make me put in a flammable liquids locker in the garage. It's about 520awp in this setup with 91 CA gas and is a pretty daily driver friendly car.
    07 e90 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what turbo are you using and when are you hitting peak boost/spool?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    You can go the FBO route with e85 or upgraded twins and get there, you can also go to a single turbo conversion (route I went) and put down high numbers. I daily drive mine with a relatively conservative tune and have been using boost juice (51/49 water/meth mix) so the wife doesn't make me put in a flammable liquids locker in the garage. It's about 520awp in this setup with 91 CA gas and is a pretty daily driver friendly car.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its the 62mm FFTEC had in their VFF700 kit and peaks around 6800rpm with full spool around 4K. The right-shifted curve feels friendlier in daily driving and is a bit less twitchy coming off lights and such. Definitely an adjustment to driving style compared to stock though
    07 e90 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not ruling out upgraded turbos. Just wondering if its a possibility without meth or e85 and what all would be entailed. 450 whp is a modest number if you look at what else is available in awd platforms so before i invest in something i wanna see that my goals are achieveable

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm betting it's alot easier on your driventrain than a set of RBs would be. Have you launched it? Any track times? i would think a 6262 ST should be killer on the drag strip.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    its the 62mm FFTEC had in their VFF700 kit and peaks around 6800rpm with full spool around 4K. The right-shifted curve feels friendlier in daily driving and is a bit less twitchy coming off lights and such. Definitely an adjustment to driving style compared to stock though
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if you're married to the 450AWHP then you're going to need upgraded turbos. If you don't minde 400-420 you'll be good on stock turbos and have quite a fun car. I wouldn't compare 420HP in a 335i to 420HP on other platforms especially price wise. I've been there and done that and it's MUCH more expensive. STi stock motors blow up around 420HP, EVO trannies and transfer cases are $#@!. What else? Golf R? that's a $35k car + major APR $$$$

your goals are achievable (450AWHP) easily with RBs and FBO. That's less than $5k. Cheaper than prob any other AWD platform.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by turbodan Click here to enlarge
    I'm not ruling out upgraded turbos. Just wondering if its a possibility without meth or e85 and what all would be entailed. 450 whp is a modest number if you look at what else is available in awd platforms so before i invest in something i wanna see that my goals are achieveable

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think a rwd let alone an awd 335 with upgraded stock turbos will be hitting 450whp on pump gas. If you plan on making that much power you have to run meth and/or e85. Or drive around on race gas, but no ones gunna do that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I don't think a rwd let alone an awd 335 with upgraded stock turbos will be hitting 450whp on pump gas. If you plan on making that much power you have to run meth and/or e85. Or drive around on race gas, but no ones gunna do that.
    I thought E85 was pump gas?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nope. E85 is straight ethanol pump gas is a blend. And all e85 stations are 50 + miles from me so that's not an option.
    If I can hit 450 whp without e85 and or meth im sold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Those of you stating a stock turbo xi won't hit over 450 no matter what you are incorrect. Take for example the car below. Now I would never run a tune like this daily but he made 460awhp/518awtq. He also went to the strip and ran 11.838@119.88 on a 6mt.

Now while most of you are right a daily driver xi isn't really going to hit 450awhp on a good daily driver map, it will hit close. Again my car can easily be daily driven in the map it made my power on (map 7 18.5 PSI boost peak) and it made almost 410 on a mustang dyno. On a dynojet it would probably make a good amount more.

Link to xi 460/518: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=899189&page=6
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nope. E85 is straight ethanol pump gas is a blend. And all e85 stations are 50 + miles from me so that's not an option.
    If I can hit 450 whp without e85 and or meth im sold.
    You will not be able to hit 450whp without E85 or meth on a stock turbo car. I doubt you will even hit over 400 with just pump gas.

Edit: Well actually you will on race gas but I doubt you're daily driving race gas
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    Those of you stating a stock turbo xi won't hit over 450 no matter what you are incorrect. Take for example the car below. Now I would never run a tune like this daily but he made 460awhp/518awtq. He also went to the strip and ran 11.838@119.88 on a 6mt.

Now while most of you are right a daily driver xi isn't really going to hit 450awhp on a good daily driver map, it will hit close. Again my car can easily be daily driven in the map it made my power on (map 7 18.5 PSI boost peak) and it made almost 410 on a mustang dyno. On a dynojet it would probably make a good amount more.

Link to xi 460/518: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=899189&page=6
    Wedge’s flashs are very aggressive, as you noted. Stock turbos at 21 pounds peak will get smoked in a few months, and that advance curve is gnarly. And even then I’m a bit skeptical of those numbers (not the member’s integrity mind you- just the numbers); I have to believe that was a very high reading dyno. 500+ awtq and 460awhp from stock turbos? IDK….I have no problem believing you put down 400ish mustang, but even dynojet the numbers referenced above seem like serious outliers.

I guess if you tune EXTREMELY aggressively and do not care about the turbos, you could put the numbers down.

As an aside to the OP, 400awhp is not happening on stock turbos + pump gas. Zero chance.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who said anything about stock turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dan,
    Do you have any more questions? It has been spelled out how to hit 450awdhp with a DD E90 in this thread.

Upgraded stock frame or single turbo are your current only options currently.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Wedge’s flashs are very aggressive, as you noted. Stock turbos at 21 pounds peak will get smoked in a few months, and that advance curve is gnarly. And even then I’m a bit skeptical of those numbers (not the member’s integrity mind you- just the numbers); I have to believe that was a very high reading dyno. 500+ awtq and 460awhp from stock turbos? IDK….I have no problem believing you put down 400ish mustang, but even dynojet the numbers referenced above seem like serious outliers.

I guess if you tune EXTREMELY aggressively and do not care about the turbos, you could put the numbers down.

As an aside to the OP, 400awhp is not happening on stock turbos + pump gas. Zero chance.
    Agreed I don't think I would personally run that tuning setup or at least not often. I'm hoping to dyno my car on a dynojet sometime soon and expect it to be in the 430 ish range. I put down the 408 number on a dyno day and brought a friend with me who has dynoed numerous times on dynojets. He usually makes between 300-310 on a dynojet and made 276 on the mustang dyno. I still don't know why i'm not hitting target boost though Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    Agreed I don't think I would personally run that tuning setup or at least not often. I'm hoping to dyno my car on a dynojet sometime soon and expect it to be in the 430 ish range. I put down the 408 number on a dyno day and brought a friend with me who has dynoed numerous times on dynojets. He usually makes between 300-310 on a dynojet and made 276 on the mustang dyno. I still don't know why i'm not hitting target boost though Click here to enlarge
    I feel like your car has been hating on you since day 1 dude Click here to enlarge

Knowing absolutely nothing about the root causes of your underboost condition, what about adding in some good ole’ fashioned wgdc?
    E88 N54 w stuff
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    I feel like your car has been hating on you since day 1 dude Click here to enlarge

Knowing absolutely nothing about the root causes of your underboost condition, what about adding in some good ole’ fashioned wgdc?
    Hahah it has been pretty rough... I mean it drives and pulls very hard but just isn't hitting target boost. I tested the solenoids and they were fine so Terry thinks it might just be my turbos on the way out? It's weird because map 1 boost will be fine but then when I up it to something more agressive it won't hit target especially in the higher RPM's. Look at these for example
    http://datazap.me/u/psmith95/mustang-dyno-map-7?1-3-4

http://datazap.me/u/psmith95/dyno-map-3?1-3-4

The biggest issue I had was misfires for over a year. I don't know if you saw my update but I finally wound up giving in and doing all the bank 2 injectors and it wound up being my cylinder 4 injector was missing the sealing ring or whatever you call it and was extremely black... Since then it has been relatively trouble free (knock on wood) apart from not hitting target boost. I am now getting a code for the DMTL pump every now and then though..?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like sleepy turbos to me…Guess that just means stg2 Click here to enlarge
    E88 N54 w stuff
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DMTL codes are just letting you know that either you have a fuel tank leak or that the DMTL pump is going out, which the second option is by far most likely. It triggers a CEL but won't affect performance.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Dan,
    Do you have any more questions? It has been spelled out how to hit 450awdhp with a DD E90 in this thread.

Upgraded stock frame or single turbo are your current only options currently.
    sorry if my comment came across like i had attitude or somethin as that's not the case. Something's are just lost while typing and not talking to someone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who said anything about stock turbos?
    If you really want to DD on 450hwp without meth or E85 then you'll want to go single or big twins. Without octane all the heavy lifting will be done by the turbos and you're going to be making that power without the help of ignition timing. Which means you're going to be pushing the turbos(even hybrids) pretty hard to get there.

Not only that but with good turbo(s) you will have a BIG overhead for power potential if you want more.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Big overhead? What do you mean?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Big overhead? What do you mean?
    You won't be spinning them to the edge of their efficiency maps, shaft speeds, egt etc doesn't get outrageous because with say a 6466ST you are running a VERY efficient turbo.

Whereas if you run a kill tune on stock turbos, sure you can make similar power to a modest hybrid turbo setup, but you'll be running them very very hard. A 6266 setup would make 500 all day with little effort for instance.
    E88 N54 w stuff
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What pats said. With hybrids on 93 octane 450whp is all you're going to make and that's pushing them pretty hard. With a single you can make 450whp without even breaking a sweat and if you want 500whp or 550whp all you need is a different tune.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast