Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea i get ya with the stock turbos. Basicly boost is resistance to flow and creates heat. The stock turbos at some point just become hot air pumps and that's where they get band-aided with meth.
    Would a set of upgraded turbos cause more of the same or could you run a set of stage 2 turbos and get close to the performance im lookin for minus the meth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Hybrids on pump gas won't make 450awhp, if that's your ultimate question. Stock frame turbos of any kind wont make that on pump gas, the bottleneck on the exhaust side is too severe and you don't have the octane for aggressive timing. Now you won't need a ton of octane, some E85 would get you there. No "need" for meth to make those numbers.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

You'll make 449.4awhp with that setup so no.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol. Story of my life jewber. Story of my life.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like sleepy turbos to me…Guess that just means stg2 Click here to enlarge
    Hahaha I know just not quite ready for that yet. Waiting for more data on some of the new turbo options although i'm pretty sure some of the newer options I will no longer consider after doing some reading. Need to save up some $$ though but possibly next spring/summer
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    DMTL codes are just letting you know that either you have a fuel tank leak or that the DMTL pump is going out, which the second option is by far most likely. It triggers a CEL but won't affect performance.
    My guess is the pump is on its way out... Speaking of that do you know the part number by any chance?
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by psmith95 Click here to enlarge
    My guess is the pump is on its way out... Speaking of that do you know the part number by any chance?
    http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/200...0detect%20pump
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Next question... Does anyone make a single kit that works with the awd cars or are they only rwd so far?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by turbodan Click here to enlarge
    Next question... Does anyone make a single kit that works with the awd cars or are they only rwd so far?
    FFtec does. In fact the only 335xi with a single turbo replied to you in this thread (idspeedskater)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

450whp on an XI recipe on the cheap:

1) BimmerBoost flash (free)
    2) Intake (BMS DCI)
    3) Downpipes of choice (I like BMS for price/quality ratio)
    4) Intercooler of choice (VRSF 7" is the cheapest good one)
    5) Hybrid turbo's of choice (RB/VTT stage 2/ASR)

Now for pump gas ONLY- you may want meth.

My suggestion: E85
    6) Gas cans so you only have to drive the 50 miles on occasion. It's not that bad since you really just need a mix.
    7) Walboro in-line fuel pump to assist in E85 use

Extra's you might want to consider, but not explicitly necessary for your goals:
    8) JB4 or Cobb (JB4 is cheaper and makes things much friendlier tuning wise, Cobb is great for protunes)
    9) Chargepipe and divertervalves/BOV
    10) Oil catch can
    11) Better clutch
    12) NGK spark plugs (1 step colder)
    13) Intake valve cleaning
    14) Obama sucks bumper sticker (You're in the east coast that should piss off everyone staring at your bumper as you pull away)

If you do all the work yourself and catch a few deals you could probably get everything including the optional for around $5,000 not including the clutch. Or you can spend more on fancier products. Good luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

@V8Bait, no one is going to hit 450awhp on BBF without a piggyback. Cobb is currently the only flash capable of putting up those numbers.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    @V8Bait, no one is going to hit 450awhp on BBF without a piggyback. Cobb is currently the only flash capable of putting up those numbers.
    Because of ultra secret cobb only tables? I love Cobb... I had one for a few years before a friend "borrowed" it... but I can do the same tuning in Tuner Pro that I could in ATR it's just more annoying and lacks shiny factor and decent logging (the BT logs are meh).

I recommend Cobb for anyone that doesn't want to get a piggyback because open source is only good for those that wouldn't be asking, but what you said just isn't correct :-(

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

What's up with the Cobb crusade lately. Because Vishnu is out we need to do tunerwarz 2.0?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

450awhp has been done and even more 460-465, but it stresses stock turbos. It could be fine for daily driving and occasional bursts, but serious racing for a few laps could kill the turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    What's up with the Cobb crusade lately. Because Vishnu is out we need to do tunerwarz 2.0?
    Could it be because Bimmerboost flash needs just a cheap cable...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    Because of ultra secret cobb only tables? I love Cobb... I had one for a few years before a friend "borrowed" it... but I can do the same tuning in Tuner Pro that I could in ATR it's just more annoying and lacks shiny factor and decent logging (the BT logs are meh).

I recommend Cobb for anyone that doesn't want to get a piggyback because open source is only good for those that wouldn't be asking, but what you said just isn't correct :-(
    Not secret tables but because of proprietary logic. You're not pushing past 18.5psi with any other flash options out there.

You're also not hitting over ~430whp on anything but a unicorn dyno. ~470whp dynos are put out there for advertising purposes and nothing else.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

You can make 450whp on 18.5 psi with rb turbos just fine with the right fuel and setup, this isn't a stock turbo thing I didn't think. Ok- maybe he'll be a few short, and he won't be smashing 500whp, but it's gonna be close. Hasn't this been done on dynojets for a while now? Sure dynojets are more unicornish than mustang dynos but it's not like they shoot glitter after every N54 finishes a run...

I know he's an XI but he's also MT so he shouldn't be that far off from a typical auto dyno. Maybe an extra few percent loss, it's negligible. 430-460whp is what I'm used to seeing at 18.5 psi, automatic XI's round out the bottom and RWD 6MT's cheat our way to the top of the queen chart. Although most I've seen have been stacked and 19+psi is much more common I guess, maybe it's late and my memory is off. Wouldn't be surprised.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You can make 450whp on 18.5 psi with rb turbos just fine with the right fuel and setup, this isn't a stock turbo thing I didn't think. Ok- maybe he'll be a few short, and he won't be smashing 500whp, but it's gonna be close. Hasn't this been done on dynojets for a while now? Sure dynojets are more unicornish than mustang dynos but it's not like they shoot glitter after every N54 finishes a run...

I know he's an XI but he's also MT so he shouldn't be that far off from a typical auto dyno. Maybe an extra few percent loss, it's negligible. 430-460whp is what I'm used to seeing at 18.5 psi, automatic XI's round out the bottom and RWD 6MT's cheat our way to the top of the queen chart. Although most I've seen have been stacked and 19+psi is much more common I guess, maybe it's late and my memory is off. Wouldn't be surprised.
    Yes, RBs should get there. I was thinking stockers for some reason.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Because i havent seen a single OFT, BB push more than 14psi past 6k rpms. Sorry, but you are not going to hit 450awhp even on RB's with that low of boost. Wedge was trying to increase boost in the upper RPM's, as was Shiv with his OFT E30 maps, but they failed. The only way OFT and BBF users are currently making power (without piggyback) is to run 16* of timing on a mild boost curve on E85. Until i see OFT/BBF users keeping at least 16psi past 6k rpms, i see a bleak future...

I challenge any OFT/BBF flash only user to prove me wrong.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    You piggyback guys really don't observe much do you Click here to enlarge

Care to show me a non Cobb flash tune that can push some decent boost up top? Do you really think Cobb and BBF are equally capable?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Because i havent seen a single OFT, BB push more than 14psi past 6k rpms. Sorry, but you are not going to hit 450awhp even on RB's with that low of boost. Wedge was trying to increase boost in the upper RPM's, as was Shiv with his OFT E30 maps, but they failed. The only way OFT and BBF users are currently making power (without piggyback) is to run 16* of timing on a mild boost curve on E85. Until i see OFT/BBF users keeping at least 16psi past 6k rpms, i see a bleak future...

That may be correct, but not too relevant since the best results come with piggy & flash combo. Iceberg, who is one of the 460awhp guys, hits more than 14psi at 6000RPM easily with the piggyback, so he has no need to hit it flash only. Btw. the peak power is made before the 6000RPM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

I wish I had the time to accept that challenge! I don't see why it's not possible, I've put a few very mild tunes on friend/family cars (less aggressive than Shiv's stuff, I wasn't a huge fan), and things seemed to react as expected. For high boost curves I don't know personally since I use a JB4 to target boost, but I don't understand why it would be overly difficult other than you'd probably need to delve into the PID tables, which I like to stay out of for the most part. But now I'm talking out of my ass since I've never tried to target that much boost past 6k rpm considering I shift there anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I wish I had the time to accept that challenge! I don't see why it's not possible, I've put a few very mild tunes on friend/family cars (less aggressive than Shiv's stuff, I wasn't a huge fan), and things seemed to react as expected. For high boost curves I don't know personally since I use a JB4 to target boost, but I don't understand why it would be overly difficult other than you'd probably need to delve into the PID tables, which I like to stay out of for the most part. But now I'm talking out of my ass since I've never tried to target that much boost past 6k rpm considering I shift there anyway.
    I can tell you that us experienced ATR uses attempted to help the BBF/OFT crowd run more boost when they began experimenting, didnt work. The tables you massage in ATR don't have the same effect on tunerpro/native DME. It rather quickly becomes obvious that Cobb did a lot more than just table discovery, they truly do have custom logic on the DME.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I think BB and ATR are basically the same in potential... Cobb does have altered boost logic for a select few that has advantages.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm a piggy-back stacking kind of guy. I'm not sure that I've ever really had any issues pushing big boost (for stockers anyways) numbers past 6krpm.

Oh gosh darnit - I have datazap logs that I can't post until I have 5 reps. I never realized how much I've been lurking on this particular forum. How the crap do I share these?

On E85
    datazap.me/u/jgnp15333/wedge-flash-log-autoupshift

On 93oct

datazap.me/u/jgnp15333/wedge-93oct-flash-jb4-meth-145mph-run?1-3-4-11
    datazap.me/u/jgnp15333/wedge-93oct-flash-jb4-meth-2-3-4-run?1-3-4-11
    datazap.me/u/jgnp15333/wedge-93oct-flash-jb4-meth-3-4-run
    datazap.me/u/jgnp15333/wedge-93oct-flash-jb4-meth-3-4-run-0?1-3-4-11

Edit: I got the "links" sorted for now - sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited by Jgnp15333; 01-06-2014 at 03:44 AM. Reason: i win

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast