Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    I may just have to go get a tuna on white -- no crust, tomorrow.
    I didn't even think of that. I'm going to do the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I didn't even think of that. I'm going to do the same.
    X3 sounds so good, I'm going to Publix tomorrow. I also want to buy every F&F movie on blu-ray that I haven't already. Actually hard to believe I don't already own them all...what is wrong with me?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Actually hard to believe I don't already own them all...what is wrong with me?
    You're into cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just read the story. The car was completely destroyed. Doubt they felt much. RIP Paul Walker.
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That sucks. Glad a mini van with a family didn't get take out as well because with that much damage they must have been in the triple digits....on a city street. Such a shame, rip guys. Makes me think of Leo parentes commentary about being asked to ride shotgun. Chilling to say the least.

Amazing commentary but at 5:40 is what I'm taking about.

http://drive.jalopnik.com/this-is-wh...for-1450148857
    Last edited by LZH; 12-01-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Here is a video from right after the crash. LSB M3 I am sure it is someone in the community. Sad they just sat and watched but I guess there is not much they could do with a large fire. RIP seems like he was a good guy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

really dissapointing. I like Paul Walker
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blaster3500 Click here to enlarge
    Here is a video from right after the crash. LSB M3 I am sure it is someone in the community. Sad they just sat and watched but I guess there is not much they could do with a large fire. RIP seems like he was a good guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=9IApWF225SI
    Agree at that point there was probably not much they could have done....but just the whole mentality of that dude saying get away it's going to blow up pisses me off. $#@! should have run over there to see if he could pull someone out. but they run the other way...they should be ashamed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

RIP Paul, thoughts go out to your family 15 year old daughter.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What I was thinking. That car is nothing to play with.
    Yep, it's a notoriously difficult car to drive. Who else died in a CGT?
    COBB, ER FMIC Full Kit, AR DPs, Forge DVs, aFe Stage 2 Sealed Intake, HKS exhaust, RB PCV upgrade

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihc95 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if any other famous people have, but googling CGT deaths and excluding Paul walker results, there are quite a few.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Actually hard to believe I don't already own them all...what is wrong with me?
    Nothing. Tbh I think all the F&F movies are pretty dorky. Entertaining but any "car" movie that inspires people to go to AutoZone for mods. irritates me a little.

With that being said ask me how many of them I've seen...but not in theaters though, I have a line haha.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

He was one of the few that didn't go brag about his celeb status. Sad stuff.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yep. All-in-all he just seemed like a really cool dude in real life, especially since he was a true car enthusiast.

Front page?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihc95 Click here to enlarge
    Ryan Dunn from Jackass (I know it was a Porsche of some sort)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xShadows Click here to enlarge
    Ryan Dunn from Jackass (I know it was a Porsche of some sort)
    Not a Carrera GT it was a GT3 I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

RIP Paul And Roger from AE
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge I WOULD NEVER WANT TO BE A PASSENGER IN A CAR GOING THAT FAST FOR WHATEVER REASON I ALLWAYS LIKE TO BE THE DRIVER ... DAM..!!! WE LOST A GOOD ONE
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just watched The Fast and the Furious. I find it's the best one of the series. I remember seeing it at the movies when it came out, I was 11. I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. Was kind of weird watching it now that Paul's dead. And the screen that says DANGER TO MANIFOLD is weird too.... and the exhaust system MoTec makes. Anyways, Dom's sister is still hot though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

So apparently this was a joy ride with a bunch of people around, just one block over from where this toy charity he was putting at as. His family and among others said they were not going for some high speed run or anything as there were kids around, they were simply taking the car around the block, is what they were saying.

They also said they knew they weren't driving fast cause the didn't hear the car, only a very loud boom several minutes after they drove off. They were close enough people actually ran over from the charity event and found the car. I can't see this not being caused by high-speeds of some sort, malfunction on top of it or not.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The last part of this video shows him beside the Porsche, maybe this was moments before the crash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Honoring a fellow car enthusiast and a reminder how quickly it can all end- Paul Walker killed in a wreck

Those who visit this site know who Paul Walker is and have likely seen the Fast and the Furious movies. The 40 year old Walker died in a tragic accident when the Carrera GT he was the passenger in lost control and slammed into a tree at a high rate of speed. The car caught fire and as the pictures show below there was not much left of the car or those inside. Paul is survived by his 15 year old daughter Meadow.

Click here to enlarge

This website is for performance automotive enthusiasts and does not make attempts to delve into celebrity and TMZ fueled culture but this is different. Yes, Paul Walker was an actor in a well known series of automotive movies that we often make fun of here. Not because we don't like them but actually because we like to them to such a level as enthusiasts we understand how Hollywood fudges with the reality of the automotive world for the purpose of entertainment.

The thing is, Paul Walker was not just some guy playing a guy into cars. He was a true automotive enthusiast with a passion for the topic. He had a slew of modified cars one of which was a supercharged BMW E92 M3 built for track duty by the same company working on my car. I saw his vehicle many times when I would go check the status of my own M3 and I always in the back of mind thought I would run into him at some point down the line. This was not some random rich celebrity isolated in a bubble but there was a very real world automotive enthusiasm to him that at least for me had tangible aspects.

Speaking of his M3 he raced it as part of the AE Performance team and one of those team members was the driver of the Carrera GT. Getting lost in the tragedy is that two people lost their lives here. Roger Rodas was the driver and obviously we do not know exactly what happened other than he clearly lost control of the vehicle. The Carrera GT is considered a high level drivers car and it definitely can bite you if you push further than you should. No matter how good of a driver you are (or think you are) this accident reminds us it can happen to anyone.

This network wishes to pay its respects to both men and to their families who obviously are grieving. We consider ourselves car guys and so we honor our fallen fellow enthusiasts and hope another article like this never needs to be written. Those reading need to remember there are very real consequences to actions in high powered cars. Those consequences are often elevated when on public streets.

Mr. Walker, you were participating in a charity event and participated in several humanitarian aid efforts. You used your fame and fortune to help others which is what made you different. Being an avid car enthusiast and contributing to the automotive community was just a cherry on top. You have had a greater impact on worldwide car culture than any of us can ever hope to even approach.

You will be missed.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Goes to show you that even on a big wide desolate street and an experienced driver at the wheel things can go from fun to tears in a very short time. As for the guy who was afraid the car was going to blow up (too many Hollywood movies), you need to realize not everybody is brave, there are cowards out there, and no matter what kind of situation you put them in they will only respond in one way. That being said, good thing there were other people present on the scene who rushed to the vehicle with fire extinguishers but the flames were too great to battle through. One of the guys who spoke to the local news said they spent a lot of fire extinguishers to no avail.

He definitely was a true gearhead with a passion for cars. I will miss him because he wasn't shoved down anybody's throat, he had a laid back publicity team but everybody knew who he was even if he wasn't the same caliber as Heath Ledger. RIP Paul.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm not sure I can say anything that hasn't already been said. Was following this all last night, and was very sad to learn of this happening. He seemed like a genuinely great guy. Didn't know he had a Gintani-built M3. Very interesting. He will be missed by many.

As far as the CGT, I am a little shocked at the apparently intense fire. I know that they are hard to drive, not for beginners, and can be hard to handle. Hell, they don't even have PSM. But, I wonder why the fire. Seems to me this has happened before. Either way, once again, we are reminded that these things are just one step removed from a road-legal P2 car. Approach with caution. So sad that this one took two lives along with its own.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast