Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    That's because cobb hasn't released any map with the new 3d fuel scalar for 335i cars. They only have 3d fuel scalars for 335is cars. What I posted is a copy of a 335is e30 cobb cobb fuel scalar.

Increasing all cells with the same value is not a good approach. Copy these values over and start from there.
    That is just my two cents.
    Just did and loaded it up. Going for a drive now. Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Well, no fuel pump codes so that's good! It pulled hard in 3-4th. Did one log in 3rd. Then tried doing a pull in 4th starting around 3k rpms and cel came on, misfire cylinder 1. Looks like I'll be taking it in for new injectors sooner than I thought, lol. I'll also order the NGK 5992 plugs soon to. Car has 48k miles and I don't think the cheap basterds at Weatherford BMW changed them when they cpo'd my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Well, no fuel pump codes so that's good! It pulled hard in 3-4th. Did one log in 3rd. Then tried doing a pull in 4th starting around 3k rpms and cel came on, misfire cylinder 1. Looks like I'll be taking it in for new injectors sooner than I thought, lol. I'll also order the NGK 5992 plugs soon to. Car has 48k miles and I don't think the cheap basterds at Weatherford BMW changed them when they cpo'd my car.
    I have doubts about the scalar values your using and those trouble codes your having. Here is my E40 values, tested to the extreme with no fault codes

I originally used Cobb's E30 map fuel scalar as a standard, selected and upped the "entire table" till it reach about E43-E44 scalar value @ 5k-6k RPM across the load by 4 increments ie pressing the + key 4 times

Click here to enlarge

Yet again, I am also a noob to all this so if anyone sees any fault in what I am posted please correct me if I am misleading

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I have doubts about the scalar values your using and those trouble codes your having. Here is my E40 values, tested to the extreme with no fault codes

I originally used Cobb's E30 map fuel scalar as a standard, selected and upped the "entire table" till it reach about E43-E44 scalar value @ 5k-6k RPM across the load by 4 increments ie pressing the + key 4 times

Click here to enlarge

Yet again, I am also a noob to all this so if anyone sees any fault in what I am posted please correct me if I am misleading
    Thanks BuraQ! I've been having cold start misfires for the last month or so and like I said I think the plugs are original and now have 48k miles on them. I just got my ngk's in the mail today and will change them tomorrow. Already talked to my friend at the dealer and will probably make an appt. to get the new injectors this week. I'll give your e40 fuel scalar a shot if you guys think I should though. Definitely appreciated Click here to enlarge

Here's a couple logs:

http://www.datazap.me/sites/default/...atalog22_0.csv

http://www.datazap.me/u/cdl/e40-3

http://www.datazap.me/sites/default/...atalog21_0.csv

http://www.datazap.me/u/cdl/e40-2

http://www.datazap.me/sites/default/...atalog20_0.csv

http://www.datazap.me/u/cdl/e40-1

Not the best logs, but its all I have had time and open road to take so far. Seems as long as I go WOT in 2-3 it pulls without throwing a code. If I were to try and start a pull in 4-5 or 6 at say 3k rpms I'm pretty sure it would misfire again.
    Last edited by bmw335iguy; 01-07-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Ok, so the fine folks at Weatherford BMW strike again! The retards in the shop that performed the Injector recall decided that the crush ring seals weren't needed on cylinders 1 and 6, same two cylinders I was getting misfires on, and also broke off one of the locating tabs and bent the other one causing the injectors to sit a few mm farther into the combustion chamber...Thank god I have a good tech at my local dealer! 6 new injectors later and she seems to be running like a champ. Only got a few pulls in on my e40 map before I ran low on fuel and didn't have any e85 on me so I flashed back to a pump gas map. Will fill up with some more e85 tonight and get some logs tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

The retards in the shop that performed the Injector recall decided that the crush ring seals weren't needed on cylinders 1 and 6,
    Why would they decide that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why would they decide that?
    I was being sarcastic, they just forgot to put them on. The yelp reviews Weatherford had on their service department was just as bad as sales so it doesn't suprise me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I was being sarcastic, they just forgot to put them on.
    I honestly thought they just decided to be incompetent. At this point it wouldn't be surprising.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123