Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Hey Josh, I updated my ATR and then matched up tables in tunerpro so I could test the tables out. I filled the table with 1.5 and left the bottom right value 1.00 and started the car. It didn't run well as I'm running 100% e85 and my trims went max at start and finally settled at +8. Every time I touched the throttle they would go to +34. So if this table is not fuel scalar table, what is it for and have you done any testing to validate prior to release?
    Funny how you worded this a lot differently than you did on e90.

Let me get this straight: you tried to figure out what Cobb did in ATR and then just tried to do the same thing in tunerpro and it didn't work. So it's all Cobb's fault that they put in the time and effort to provide us new tables in ATR but tunerpro/OFT doesn't have the correct "logic" to make it work?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's used as a multiplier for final fuel volume needed (basically as a target), inside of a pretty complex calculation. In essence, it will skew the stoich point, which will allow you to correct the zero position for fuel trims based on alternate fuels. The axis points will vary based on rom, but most will be unpopulated... meaning you will need to create them. These axis points are not shared with any other table, so you can change them without affecting any other table.

You need to set the axis points. Feel free to email me if you have problems.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge

Let me get this straight: you tried to figure out what Cobb did in ATR and then just tried to do the same thing in tunerpro and it didn't work. So it's all Cobb's fault that they put in the time and effort to provide us new tables in ATR but tunerpro/OFT doesn't have the correct "logic" to make it work?
    Its all good, I'm happy to help with questions about our software. I do prefer the way its worded here though.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    When attempting to load a map modified using the new ATR, the map is grayed-out saying "locked to" and lists the AP serial number. I reverted to the old version of ATR and this doesn't happen.Is there a new option that I can disable or is this a defect?
    The issue should be all fixed now and only affected some customers. If your version is working fine, then there's no need to update. Otherwise, the latest version is 1.9.1.0-7352

If anyone else has any issues, let me know.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Josh@Cobb

Got an update today for ATR, looks like it was specific to the ILAOS_IS ROM. You have any details about this update ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Heh, I guess that's one advantage about the rep system. Gotta watch what you say if you care about your rep points, lol.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    @Josh@Cobb

Got an update today for ATR, looks like it was specific to the ILAOS_IS ROM. You have any details about this update ?
    Just a fix for a few guys that were having issues due to a serial lock problem. There will probably be another update tomorrow. Nothing exciting, just code clean up.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Well, trolling multiple forums is not my thing, sorry for the late reply. It's working now and I have the breakpoints setup in XDF and my templates. Good learning experience. I also posted some information about how to make it work, which you didn't mention. But that's ok... If anyone wants a copy of my xdf files, all they have to do is ask. I have updated versions of I8AOS and IJEOS...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Well, trolling multiple forums is not my thing, sorry for the late reply. It's working now and I have the breakpoints setup in XDF and my templates. Good learning experience. I also posted some information about how to make it work, which you didn't mention. But that's ok... If anyone wants a copy of my xdf files, all they have to do is ask. I have updated versions of I8AOS and IJEOS...
    I'm sorry I can't have you advertising. If it happens again I'll have to put your account into the guest vendor setting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Josh@Cobb I just did the update and I see that all of the values in the table labeled Unk Base Throttled Safe are set to zero. At this point I don't have any reason to mess with this table; is it okay to leave everything at zero? Will the values in the DME be wiped out, or will they just remain unchanged from stock? Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    @Josh@Cobb I just did the update and I see that all of the values in the table labeled Unk Base Throttled Safe are set to zero. At this point I don't have any reason to mess with this table; is it okay to leave everything at zero? Will the values in the DME be wiped out, or will they just remain unchanged from stock? Thanks!
    The cell on the bottom right should have a value.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    The cell on the bottom right should have a value.
    That one is "0.000" too; but maybe that's okay.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Correct, those are how the values are populated in the OEM calibration. If you leave them alone, nothing will change. If you want to play with the table, you would want to change the axis point values as well as the table data. You could always copy over the values from the main timing table.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm sorry I can't have you advertising. If it happens again I'll have to put your account into the guest vendor setting.
    Well since Wedge seems to share his work for free, maybe its time for a "OpenSource Vendor" status here? Or can you setup a "crowd funding feature" for members to support vendors who dont yet can/want to pay the vendor fee?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Well since Wedge seems to share his work for free, maybe its time for a "OpenSource Vendor" status here? Or can you setup a "crowd funding feature" for members to support vendors who dont yet can/want to pay the vendor fee?
    Well, i mean.. the guy helps people for free, but openly says he accepts donations. I applaud his efforst to help the community, and agree that he deserves to be rewarded for his efforts, but its some pretty thin ice that he is skating on. This is like trying to solve the abortion debate.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    Correct, those are how the values are populated in the OEM calibration. If you leave them alone, nothing will change. If you want to play with the table, you would want to change the axis point values as well as the table data. You could always copy over the values from the main timing table.
    Awesome. Thanks brotha!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    We talked, he's fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It allows you to aggressively raise fuel trims in the higher load areas, while keeping the trims standard off boost. If you were to jack the trims up all the way across the RPM / load range (e.g. 1.20 or 1.30), you would get fuel mixture codes at low RPM's because the DME wouldn't be able to pull enough fuel out to maintain proper AFR off boost.
    I'm trying to make a map for ~e40. Right now I'm running the stage 1+ aggressive map and made a map in atr starting with that as my base. I copied the e30 ots map timing tables, the e30 timing cor factor tables, and the new 3d fuel scalar is the only table I'm a bit confused on how to set up. Here's how I set it up:Click here to enlarge

I made another map that had 1.16 filled in all the cells. I don't know if I should adjust the fuel scalar in the lower load/idle cells so I don't get any lean codes. The other day I ran my tank down to empty, roughly 8 miles to empty, filled up with 2.5 gallons of e85 and drove around about 3-4 miles before filling up with 3 gallons of 91 octane. In that time I got a cel, and the code was P29E1 and P29E0 mixture control. So I'm guessing in order to keep those codes from popping up I'm going to need to adjust the lower load cells as well. Any help is much appreciated. Going to install an inline walbro today and want to make use of it with some added timing/e85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    @bmw335iguy, Any reason why you're using stage 1+ aggressive map over the E30 map as your base? Also, make sure you monitor LTFT+STFT as well as LPFP and HPFP...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I'm trying to make a map for ~e40. Right now I'm running the stage 1+ aggressive map and made a map in atr starting with that as my base. I copied the e30 ots map timing tables, the e30 timing cor factor tables, and the new 3d fuel scalar is the only table I'm a bit confused on how to set up. Here's how I set it up:Click here to enlarge

I made another map that had 1.16 filled in all the cells. I don't know if I should adjust the fuel scalar in the lower load/idle cells so I don't get any lean codes. The other day I ran my tank down to empty, roughly 8 miles to empty, filled up with 2.5 gallons of e85 and drove around about 3-4 miles before filling up with 3 gallons of 91 octane. In that time I got a cel, and the code was P29E1 and P29E0 mixture control. So I'm guessing in order to keep those codes from popping up I'm going to need to adjust the lower load cells as well. Any help is much appreciated. Going to install an inline walbro today and want to make use of it with some added timing/e85
    Start with cobb e30 fuel scalar then make changes as necessary.
    Click here to enlarge

And to make life easier link to spreadsheet Click here to enlarge https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes, you will need to increase all cells since your ethanol content will be the same across the board, regardless of RPM or load. Whether the adjustment is linear or not probably depends on the capability of your fuel system and boost levels. If you are running a lot of boost, you may have to further increase the trims in the mid to upper RPM's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bimmer305 Click here to enlarge
    Start with cobb e30 fuel scalar then make changes as necessary.
    Click here to enlarge

And to make life easier link to spreadsheet Click here to enlarge https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hc&usp=sharing
    Ok, thanks! When I tried loading the e30 map in atr it didn't fill in the cells like that. Mine were all left at 1 except the bottom right cell was 1.11 I think

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by euro92 Click here to enlarge
    @bmw335iguy, Any reason why you're using stage 1+ aggressive map over the E30 map as your base? Also, make sure you monitor LTFT+STFT as well as LPFP and HPFP...
    I don't have dp's that's why I started with stage 1+. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on both my lpfp and hpfp but as long as I just installed my inline walbro correctly I should be fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, you will need to increase all cells since your ethanol content will be the same across the board, regardless of RPM or load. Whether the adjustment is linear or not probably depends on the capability of your fuel system and boost levels. If you are running a lot of boost, you may have to further increase the trims in the mid to upper RPM's.
    Ok thanks! I'll give it a shot and take some logs with the map I set 1.16 across the board and see what you guys think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, thanks! When I tried loading the e30 map in atr it didn't fill in the cells like that. Mine were all left at 1 except the bottom right cell was 1.11 I think
    That's because cobb hasn't released any map with the new 3d fuel scalar for 335i cars. They only have 3d fuel scalars for 335is cars. What I posted is a copy of a 335is e30 cobb cobb fuel scalar.

Increasing all cells with the same value is not a good approach. Copy these values over and start from there.
    That is just my two cents.
    Cobb E30 / DCI / VRSF Downpipes / VRSF 7" Intercooler / Walbro LPFP / E85

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast