Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

New COBB N54 ATR and ATP Tables

Just wanted to let you guys know we added some new tables into the Accesstuner software. There are a total of 7 new timing tables. These tables are not completely understood and seem to be hit extremely rarely. That being said, I wanted to add them in case they can help any of you with timing issues.

Also, I've added the 3D Fuel Scalar to all roms and increased the precision on some of the PID stuff.

Feel free to update your software and try everything out. Click here to enlarge
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

How about some Idle tables? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hmm....timing tables you don't say...hmmm.

I'll cross my fingers and pray this does something for the good ole' timing flatline.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Wow, just got my V3 today and noticed there were Boost Error parameters for P, I and D factors I never saw before.....haha right on time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

any chance this might fix the flatline issue?
    E50 PTF

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jlcf22 Click here to enlarge
    any chance this might fix the flatline issue?
    +1 ?????!?
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I've been playing with these timing tables for a few months, tried some things out on a friends 535 AT and didn't notice any difference Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I've been playing with these timing tables for a few months, tried some things out on a friends 535 AT and didn't notice any difference Click here to enlarge
    Brutal Click here to enlarge

Any sense of what those tables actually control? They sound fairly irrelevant.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Brutal Click here to enlarge

Any sense of what those tables actually control? They sound fairly irrelevant.
    All I know about them is that they only come into play in very specific situations... Unfortunately, timing flatlines aren't one of those situations.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    guys the fix for timing flatline is easy...

get a 6MT Click here to enlarge
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    guys the fix for timing flatline is easy...
    get a 6MT Click here to enlarge
    Actually our single turbo MT is flatlining now in 5th when no lift shifting. Click here to enlarge

The new timing tables are not overly useful but the 3D fuel scalar is great. Glad to see the progress. I hope more torque to timing tables come soon! Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Actually our single turbo MT is flatlining now in 5th when no lift shifting. Click here to enlarge

The new timing tables are not overly useful but the 3D fuel scalar is great. Glad to see the progress. I hope more torque to timing tables come soon! Click here to enlarge
    How is the 3D scalar useful? I haven't DL'd it yet to see what the new axes are.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

OK, so let me make sure I understand this correctly: There are newly added timing tables. ...does that mean there are new OTS maps?
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    How is the 3D scalar useful? I haven't DL'd it yet to see what the new axes are.
    The axis points will be unpopulated, but the axis names are there. If you want to take advantage of these tables, the best bet is to copy the axis points from from something else (like the timing tables).

OTS maps remain the same. The new tables are strictly for ATR/ATP users to use if needed. These tables are rarely, if ever, hit... but I found them and defined them, so I figured everyone might as well have access to them.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Thank you for the clarification. I am not good enough to mess with any of those tables on my own so I rely entirely on OTS maps. I am hoping that very soon the use of these tables will be uncovered and new OTS maps will take advantage of them.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    The axis points will be unpopulated, but the axis names are there. If you want to take advantage of these tables, the best bet is to copy the axis points from from something else (like the timing tables).
    Here's a little tip: If you are filling them in one by one like I did, start from the right and input the values toward the left for the horizontal axis points. For the vertical axis points, start from the bottom and go upward. The values have to be ascending in those cells, so you have to input the higher values first (which means you will be working backwards). This only applies to the axis points and not the inner cells.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

It allows you to aggressively raise fuel trims in the higher load areas, while keeping the trims standard off boost. If you were to jack the trims up all the way across the RPM / load range (e.g. 1.20 or 1.30), you would get fuel mixture codes at low RPM's because the DME wouldn't be able to pull enough fuel out to maintain proper AFR off boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

OK, I'm confused...updated APM and APV2B to the latest levels, (2.1.1.8), (1.6.8.0-7302). Am checking for new code on ATR, but it says I'm at the latest (1.9.1.0-5050) and will not update. I have beta checked. I do not see any new tables. What am I missing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    OK, I'm confused...updated APM and APV2B to the latest levels, (2.1.1.8), (1.6.8.0-7302). Am checking for new code on ATR, but it says I'm at the latest (1.9.1.0-5050) and will not update. I have beta checked. I do not see any new tables. What am I missing?
    Uncheck the beta option. This is a full release. If you run into any issues, let me know and I'll get it sorted. I'll likely be at the shop tomorrow anyway.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

When attempting to load a map modified using the new ATR, the map is grayed-out saying "locked to" and lists the AP serial number. I reverted to the old version of ATR and this doesn't happen.Is there a new option that I can disable or is this a defect?
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

When attempting to load a map modified using the new ATR, the map is grayed-out saying "locked to" and lists the AP serial number. I reverted to the old version of ATR and this doesn't happen.Is there a new option that I can disable or is this a defect?
    @Josh@Cobb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

That's odd. Can you email me a map saved in each version of the software? I'll take a look and see what's going on.
    josh.dankel@cobbtuning.com
    Last edited by Josh@Cobb; 11-28-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

That's odd. Can you email me a map saved in each version of the software? I'll take a look and see what's going on.
    josh.dankel@cobbtuning.com
    Sent
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Looks like there's an issue with the serial that's being saved. I'm looking into the code, but is anyone else having this issue? Tag me in a post or PM me if so. Either way, I'll have it fixed asap.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Also, I've added the 3D Fuel Scalar to all roms and increased the precision on some of the PID stuff.

Feel free to update your software and try everything out. Click here to enlarge
    Hey Josh, I updated my ATR and then matched up tables in tunerpro so I could test the tables out. I filled the table with 1.5 and left the bottom right value 1.00 and started the car. It didn't run well as I'm running 100% e85 and my trims went max at start and finally settled at +8. Every time I touched the throttle they would go to +34. So if this table is not fuel scalar table, what is it for and have you done any testing to validate prior to release?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast