Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

HPF Exhaust + AR Dp's + H&R Springs= MAJOR ISSUES

Hopefully someone on here can guide me in the right direction. As the title say I added the HPF exhaust to my car which is lowered on H&R Sport springs, now EVERY time I go over a speedbump or drive through a parking garage the part where my downpipes connect to the HPF exhaust scrapes like hell, its real real bad. I sent pics to Chris from HPF and Vividracing where I bought it, they say the issue is with the downpipes not the exhaust. The downpipes as AR designs states are hand made (which according to Chris and Vivid) leaves room for errors, so the slight 'error' in the dp angle makes the exhaust angle steeper making it sit lower than it should.
    My dilemma is: do I buy all new downpipes? I love my AR catless', they're awesome, I'd much prefer to not get rid of them OR do I get a set of reasonably priced coilovers to adjust the height accordingly? which the car won't have the same stance it has now. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Got any pics of under the car?
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

from my experience AR's do sit lower than any pipe they extend and hit the under carriage. some cars have a melted under carriage in that one low spot on the AR's and that spot is always shiny because of scrapping. only real way to check is to look for scrape marks on either the HPF or Downpipes. but my money is on pipes too. i would contact AR for the issue. but seems like they are all the same and would send you the same set. unless they modify their JIGs...
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It is not the dp's! I have AR catless dp's, H&R sport springs and stock exaust. Never hit anything on the road.
    As far as I can see, your HPF exhausts sits way to low.
    E90 335i 6MT
    JB4 G5
    FBO + Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Where's the midpipe bracket (shold be located on the straight section just after the flex/before the resonator)? It should be there to make sure the pipe is supported and not sagging in the middle
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

^^This. Doesn't look like it's the DP to me.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

yeah... lol not down pipes... HPF was installed wrong, you can loosen the band and turn the exhaust till it sits higher and i would install that center brace if i were you.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Gotta keep the midpipe brace or everything sags big time
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Gotta keep the midpipe brace or everything sags big time
    you know thats what I thought however where the brace sits there is absolutely no sagging or scraping its all at the fore end of the exhaust. BUT I'll give it a try none the less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Since this is a single pipe I'm guessing you can't use the center bracket that holds the exhaust because the exhaust it self is in the way. maybe im wrong
    RB's, Motiv PI, AR Downpipes, ARK exhaust, Stett CAI, Stett CP TAIL BOV, ETS FMIC, 1M Ohlins road and track conversion, M3 Bushings, VTT inlets, BMS Clutch Stop. SPEC Stage 3+ with MFactory flywheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Maybe it's the angle of the pics but I thought the HPF exhaust was supposed to fit better.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics