Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jlcf22 Click here to enlarge
    Will RB/VTT turbos fix the flatline issue since you can hold good amount of boost at redline? I heard it doesn't flatline if you shift at redline is this true?
    no, nothing to do with the turbos
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    I really want to avoid a tuner war here, but for various reasons I really don't want to stray from flashing to the DME. I'll live with it for the HFS-4, but outside of that i'd rather remain flash only.

Problem is if there isn't a serious solution, I don't really have a choice do I? In that case i'd probably give in and get a used PROcede, but then i'd have wasted a bunch of money on the Aquamist setup when I should have gotten Shiv's hardware. Click here to enlarge
    They are compatible.... the HFS-4 can be used w/ the 'cedes progressive methanol logic. Jeff @ HowertonEngineering can hit you with deets.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    They are compatible.... the HFS-4 can be used w/ the 'cedes progressive methanol logic. Jeff @ HowertonEngineering can hit you with deets.
    I’ll get in touch with Jeff, thanks for that. I knew some of the hardware were shared between the two, but was not aware the FAV/FS could integrate with the PROcede.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    I’ll get in touch with Jeff, thanks for that. I knew some of the hardware were shared between the two, but was not aware the FAV/FS could integrate with the PROcede.
    Basically the 'cede switches maps (boost + timing advance) based off methanol flow hitting a configured target value, and being within a few points of that value. The cede's logic for PWM control of the FAV can be basically ignored, it'll fire off into a line that's not going anywhere, no problem. HFS-4 retains it's superior control based off injector dc and procede adds in additional boost and timing as desired. I happen to operate it with the procede's meth advance table zero'd with no correction. The off meth map has a ton of negative correction where I add in advance on the ECU.

Over the JB4 I enjoy the procede's customization and built in data-logging tools over the JB. The JB however seems to be under active development, especially in areas concerning single turbo dev. So for me the choice if I were buying would be largely dictated by my plans to run single turbo in the future. I'm not sure how the JB measures methanol flow and / or if it is as flexible as the procede for tuning on and off meth behavior.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123