Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Vaping as a tobacco replacement.

About 2 weeks ago I started using electronic cigarettes instead of smoking analog cancer sticks. All I can say is this: if there is anyone here who wishes to be free of all the negative aspects of burning tobacco but doesnt want to give up the act of smoking, give it a go. I made a clean break from a pack a day habit and my whole life feels turned around. There are a dizzying array of types on the market now, something to suit everyone.

gone with the smoke I am, embrace the vapor Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yea, my friend does that as well. Gave up cigs and never turned back.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I need to buy a good vaporizer...

The one I bought sucks lol went back to smoking cigarettes after that....

I really would like to quit smoking though I'm just gonna have to pony up and buy the provari I want
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I quit 12 months ago. I also used electronic cig to quit. I still miss smoking even a year later. When it gets bad I just grab a puff off of an electric cig and I'm good again.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

What is the best kind? i'm trying to convince my father to quit and might just buy him a starter kit..... He smokes marlboro red's so i'm hoping the e-cig's can match it! lol
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I just grab any menthol one since that's what i used to smoke. Maybe @DFM has a preference.
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yea i think there are cheap ones and a kit that is expensive, i'd rather buy the best in hopes he finally quits!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    I just grab any menthol one since that's what i used to smoke. Maybe @DFM has a preference.
    This is the kit that I got.

http://101vape.com/mechanical/160-ge...-full-set.html

It has all the essentials. Comes with two different batteries (one large, one small for a more portable package), a charger, two cartomizers as well as a drip tip setup. I could not be happier with what I got. High quality full metal construction with well machined metal threads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What i like about this mod (they call them mods because they started as modified flashlight housings) is it allows you to use any 510 thread sized atomizers on it, giving you a huge selection of accessories to use if you dont like what it comes with.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/IGO_W_Re..._p/yd-igow.htm

This is the one I got to use as a rebuildable. Lets me make my own coils out of kanthal resistance wire. I like experimenting with different electrical resistance and different types of coils to achieve a different kind of vaping experience.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

A lot of people rant and rave about the provari, it's an expensive investment at first but in the long term you really have to think about how much money you'll really be saving in the long run... As well as your health!

This is the regular provari
    http://www.provape.com/provari-varia...-ecig-s/36.htm

Here is the provari-mini
    http://www.provape.com/ProVari-153-M...E-cig-s/38.htm
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yeah this can definitely be an expensive hobby if you dont keep it in check. I bought a 90 dollar atomizer tank tonight....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Are these things really better for you?

I don't normally smoke but do when I'm drinking.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Are these things really better for you?

I don't normally smoke but do when I'm drinking.
    Absolutely. In traditional tobacco cigarettes there are over 4000 chemicals, and the FDA classifies more than 100 of them as harmful or addictive. Nicotine on its own is not very harmful, kind of like caffeine. It has even been shown that cigarette smoke is radioactive (I $#@! you not, look it up).

With E-Cigarettes nothing is being burned. A heating coil vaporizes a solution comprised of propylene glycol, vegetable glycol, nicotine, and flavoring. PG/VG have been approved by the FDA for inhalation, and are not looked at as harmful substances in the slightest. Some of the flavorings could be harmful to certain people when inhaled however. Cinnamon flavoring has been documented to cause some respiratory irritation, however a new water based artificial cinnamon flavor (instead of natural cinnamon oil) is gaining popularity and minimizes these negative effects. There are no carcinogens in e-liquid.

Because nothing is undergoing the process of combustion, there are no harmful byproducts like there are in cigarettes. No tar, no carbon monoxide. Your lungs get a light misting of vapor that contains compounds that are easily broken down by your bodies enzymes (propylene glycol is widely used in the field of medicine, sometimes even injected).

This link
    gives a pretty good idea of some of the potential health risks. Because vaping is relatively new, long term affects are not able to be studied at this time. What I can tell you is this: a very large group of people have switched to e cigs from analog cigarettes and have nothing but good things to say about both their physical health and their lifestyle. Could there be some potential harm in e cigs? of course. Is it as bad as analogs? absolutely not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    Absolutely. In traditional tobacco cigarettes there are over 4000 chemicals, and the FDA classifies more than 100 of them as harmful or addictive. Nicotine on its own is not very harmful, kind of like caffeine. It has even been shown that cigarette smoke is radioactive (I $#@! you not, look it up).

With E-Cigarettes nothing is being burned. A heating coil vaporizes a solution comprised of propylene glycol, vegetable glycol, nicotine, and flavoring. PG/VG have been approved by the FDA for inhalation, and are not looked at as harmful substances in the slightest. Some of the flavorings could be harmful to certain people when inhaled however. Cinnamon flavoring has been documented to cause some respiratory irritation, however a new water based artificial cinnamon flavor (instead of natural cinnamon oil) is gaining popularity and minimizes these negative effects. There are no carcinogens in e-liquid.

Because nothing is undergoing the process of combustion, there are no harmful byproducts like there are in cigarettes. No tar, no carbon monoxide. Your lungs get a light misting of vapor that contains compounds that are easily broken down by your bodies enzymes (propylene glycol is widely used in the field of medicine, sometimes even injected).

This link
    gives a pretty good idea of some of the potential health risks. Because vaping is relatively new, long term affects are not able to be studied at this time. What I can tell you is this: a very large group of people have switched to e cigs from analog cigarettes and have nothing but good things to say about both their physical health and their lifestyle. Could there be some potential harm in e cigs? of course. Is it as bad as analogs? absolutely not.
    Interesting, thank you. It seems that if you are going to smoke it should at least be these over traditional cigarettes.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Interesting, thank you. It seems that if you are going to smoke it should at least be these over traditional cigarettes.
    Those are my thoughts as well. The fact that I was able to switch from close to a pack a day literally overnight is enough for me. I can taste and smell again. I dont smell like smoke. I can vape inside and at work (dont have to sacrifice productivity for a smoke break anymore, which my boss loves haha. Even got him to switch to vaping).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Tried myself all kind of vaping devices and ended up with this:

Click here to enlarge

Electric cigar with nicotine and a very smooth cigar taste...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

And this is why I use SNUS. I am very surprised to (quickly) read/surmise that it's really not bad for you in terms of avg. longevity. However, it does irritate the hell out of my gums, and I just bought a vaporizer and don't even smoke. Click here to enlarge

This link

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

^ might want to take your post out of the quote tags

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Ok guys, recommendations on which one of these things to get?

I just want to have one to avoid those moments where I'm at a bar after a few beers and then the cigarette smoke gets to me and I want one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I just want to have one to avoid those moments where I'm at a bar after a few beers and then the cigarette smoke gets to me and I want one.
    How much are you looking to spend?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It ranges from about $50 for a starter kit up to several hundred for a really nice looking high quality device

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/innokin...iclear-16-kit/

You really cant go wrong with this. Order some juice that sounds like a good flavor and you are good to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems to be getting very popular among the young crowd. At my local car meets there is a ton of people now using electronic vaping devices

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Honestly, I would just get this and call it a day: http://www.innokin.com/itaste-vv-express-kit.html - you can buy here: http://www.smoke-evolution.com/Innok...e-ino-itvv.htm

You can spend a ton more, or a ton less - but that is literally the best deal/bang for your buck you will find.

It's 50 bucks, and has adjustable wattage and voltage, 5 filters (washable) - and has passthrough on the USB port so if it's not charged, you can just use it while plugged in. The battery is ridiculous, and when it IS fully charged, lasts well over a day unless you "smoke" a ridiculous amount. I would buy that, and some Organic Celestial Honeydew E-liquid from virginvapor.com - I use 16mg just to save money, and go with 100% glycerine since I don't like the burning at the back of my throat. Some people DO like the burning however, especially if you enjoy smoking - it has that same "feel" when it's a mix of propylene glycol and glycerine, with just glycerin it tastes delicious and feels like warm water vapor.

If you have an extra 20 bucks to spend, get the iClear 30 Dual Coil Clearomizer (atomizer) - it produces a TON more vapor than what comes with the pen, is cleanable and holds 3 times as much fluid. If you are going to get into it, that's something I would just buy with it.

Let us know how it goes, curious what you think.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

http://www.kidneypuncher.com/innokin...iclear-16-kit/

You really cant go wrong with this. Order some juice that sounds like a good flavor and you are good to go.
    LOL - that's funny... We must have been typing at the same time there...

I need to learn to read before posting... Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by inlineS54B32; 12-18-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: am an idiot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast