Love the power curve nice OP
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Do you have any baseline numbers on that dyno?
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

baseline numbers on the same dyno with my stock car(fbo) was 295/294 . We didn't do baseline with these turbos.
    Spec2+ Clutch, SS SMFW, BMS backend flash, VRSF DPs, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP - Tial BOV, N20 3.5 Bar map sensor, BMS OCC, Walbro 255, Wavetrac LSD, Defiv Diff. lockdown kit, UUC EVO3 and DSSR, AFE DCI, H&R Coilovers, M3 Front control arms, rear arms, rear subframe bushings, Rogue Engineering transmission mounts, Michelin PSS 265/35/18 - 235/40/18, Apex ARC-8.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

nice!
    BSM 340xi M-Sport
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good job, awesome numbers man. Thanks for updating!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are these Number WHP and WTQ??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So it would be safe to say that these could easily hit 500 whp with a fbo+ meth setup, correct?
    E92 Chameleon 335I/ VTT Stg 2/ EOS manifold w PI/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ BMS Cowls/ Fuel it stg 2 lpfp/ MMP Inlets and outlets/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF DP/ ETS FMIC/ BMS OCC/ BMS Meth Kit CMGS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanx for the info! Finally some data to look at! I'm curious to the above post by Shadow007 as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blackshan Click here to enlarge
    Thanx for the info! Finally some data to look at! I'm curious to the above post by Shadow007 as well.
    absolutely. without a doubt.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for sharing your data and experience with these turbo. Can you provide any logs from your dyno runs?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    So it would be safe to say that these could easily hit 500 whp with a fbo+ meth setup, correct?
    He runs e60 which burns cool and has the octane to max the advance. So, there would be no significant difference by adding meth. A couple of whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    On the right dyno, sure. 21Psi peak but a very quick taper to 15psi and 10 degrees of advance climbing to 14 leaves a little room for power. Taper boost a little less and play around with VANOS a little and it'll pick up some power.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    He runs e60 which burns cool and has the octane to max the advance. So, there would be no significant difference by adding meth. A couple of whp.
    So to get 500 + whp it would probably need a combination of meth + e85 and a good tune? My set it shipping out today, according to Tony, so I'm anxious to see what these can do against the RBs.
    E92 Chameleon 335I/ VTT Stg 2/ EOS manifold w PI/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ BMS Cowls/ Fuel it stg 2 lpfp/ MMP Inlets and outlets/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF DP/ ETS FMIC/ BMS OCC/ BMS Meth Kit CMGS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Looks like they spool a little slower than Rb's so maybe they'll make better peak power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jewber Click here to enlarge
    Looks like they spool a little slower than Rb's so maybe they'll make better peak power.
    Alternating short blades explain the slower spool. The top end looks a bit weak as well. What could be the reason for that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was there a log I missed? I'm not saying they don't, but with same size housings I'm sure there wont' be much of a difference if any. They are definitely make a ton of torque down low, probably more than RB's, which means reason to keep boost a little lower down low, but you can't really just spool by a dyno...need a log
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was going to say this too but didn't want to fuel the BB drama more right now. They seem to spool a little slow to me. I'll try to dig up some RB logs
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Was there a log I missed? I'm not saying they don't, but with same size housings I'm sure there wont' be much of a difference if any. They are definitely make a ton of torque down low, probably more than RB's, which means reason to keep boost a little lower down low, but you can't really just spool by a dyno...need a log
    Log link in post with graph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Turbo's spool slower on dynojets than mustangs usually, and also what gear he was in matters, altitude, etc. Also, the JB4 doesn't always give you uberfast spool, but you can usually adjust it to if you really want to spin tires. The only part I'm looking at is the boost taper towards the end, but there may be reason for that. All in all I'd say this is a great initial dyno for these things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's very Strange that your boost is taking so long to build. Almost 750 RPM slower than our shop car, I know you are going to the PTF tune soon, very curious to see how closely your results resemble ours.

We hit 18 psi at right aroun 3K, if you look at the datazap, its closer to 3750 for 18.8. both these were done on a DJ, so not sure what is going on there. As I said would be curious to see the PTF results. All in all, great first go. Thanks for the info!

I also will say 470 all way to redline, all the while the boost is tapering down to 15 psi is pretty awesome...Click here to enlarge

Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 12-07-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    It's very Strange that your boost is taking so long to build. Almost 750 RPM slower than our shop car, I know you are going to the PTF tune soon, very curious to see how closely your results resemble ours.

We hit 18 psi at right aroun 3K, if you look at the datazap, its closer to 3750 for 18.8. both these were done on a DJ, so not sure what is going on there. As I said would be curious to see the PTF results. All in all, great first go. Thanks for the info!

I also will say 470 all way to redline, all the while the boost is tapering down to 15 psi is pretty awesome...Click here to enlarge

Tony
    Hi Tony,

the day before the dyno, we realized that I had a boost leak as the car was making only 14 psi boost on 17.5 target, I visually checked the lines and found that the 2 short lines that are going to the each DV had cracks. I replaced them and the car started hitting the boost.maybe, I still have some issues on the vacum lines somewhere else. I am not sure if slower spool is caused by another issue with othe vacum lines but I will do the boost test today to see If I can find anything else. I am not someone that is super inclined on figuring out these things but I will get to the bottom of it.
    Spec2+ Clutch, SS SMFW, BMS backend flash, VRSF DPs, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP - Tial BOV, N20 3.5 Bar map sensor, BMS OCC, Walbro 255, Wavetrac LSD, Defiv Diff. lockdown kit, UUC EVO3 and DSSR, AFE DCI, H&R Coilovers, M3 Front control arms, rear arms, rear subframe bushings, Rogue Engineering transmission mounts, Michelin PSS 265/35/18 - 235/40/18, Apex ARC-8.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gogunbaba Click here to enlarge
    As promised, here is the results of today's dyno session. Terry spent 3-4 hours tuning the car starting with Map 3 then custom tune on map6.

I appreciate him taking the time from his busy day and helping me with this. Here is the hardware on the car.

VTT S2B2, Stock CP and DVs, Spec2+ Clutch - SS SMFW, VRSF DPs, Stock exhaust, Walbro inline 255, BMS OCC, ETS 5" FMIC, No meth, E60. We have data from map7, map 3 and Map6. Total of 21 runs on the dyno. Click here to enlarge

Both my installer (Markert Motorworks) and I was surprised that the temp gauge on the car never went above 220. The car has new coils, spark plugs, intake valve cleaning was done 5000 miles ago.

I am extremely happy with the driveability of the car and the final result.

Dyno picture,

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...0ca79a2e-1.jpg

Log,

http://datazap.me/u/gogunbaba/vtt-s2...run-map6?1-3-4
    Thanks for posting the results... looks promising. What gear for the dyno? If PWM is 1:1 to WGDC it is high relative to boost... possibly the dyno, but I'd also confirm hardware is good. Post a street log.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting the results... looks promising. What gear for the dyno? If PWM is 1:1 to WGDC it is high relative to boost... possibly the dyno, but I'd also confirm hardware is good. Post a street log.
    All dyno runs were done in 4th gear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gogunbaba Click here to enlarge
    All dyno runs were done in 4th gear.
    definitely check the vac system... make sure you have 25"ish going to the solenoids.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast