Close

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't want to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy...

Think you'll be on the dyno this weekend? Click here to enlarge
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Got my car back last night at 8 pm. We didn't have time for dyno. I purchased etune from PTF this morning and will work with them to get the car up and running properly. I didn't get a chance to get on the car as it was rainy. I was actually so careful at red lights trying to not to stall the car. Click here to enlarge

The first impression on the spec2+ and Ss smfw combo is positive. The chatter everyone talks about at idle is quieter than I expected and I am very picky when it comes to unexpected noises in my car.

with that, I am not sure how many days it will take us to get the car tuned properly but as soon as it is done, the car will be on the dyno... Trust me, I am as curious about the results as everyone else on this thread. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I don't want to be that guy, but I'm going to be that guy...

Think you'll be on the dyno this weekend? Click here to enlarge
    Spec2+ Clutch, SS SMFW, BMS backend flash, VRSF DPs, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP - Tial BOV, N20 3.5 Bar map sensor, BMS OCC, Walbro 255, Wavetrac LSD, Defiv Diff. lockdown kit, UUC EVO3 and DSSR, AFE DCI, H&R Coilovers, M3 Front control arms, rear arms, rear subframe bushings, Rogue Engineering transmission mounts, Michelin PSS 265/35/18 - 235/40/18, Apex ARC-8.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gogunbaba Click here to enlarge
    Got my car back last night at 8 pm. We didn't have time for dyno. I purchased etune from PTF this morning and will work with them to get the car up and running properly. I didn't get a chance to get on the car as it was rainy. I was actually so careful at red lights trying to not to stall the car. Click here to enlarge

The first impression on the spec2+ and Ss smfw combo is positive. The chatter everyone talks about at idle is quieter than I expected and I am very picky when it comes to unexpected noises in my car.

with that, I am not sure how many days it will take us to get the car tuned properly but as soon as it is done, the car will be on the dyno... Trust me, I am as curious about the results as everyone else on this thread. Click here to enlarge
    You should be able to E tune in an afternoon if the tuner is dedicated to supporting you.

Log 3 pulls, upload to phone or laptop in car, email logs(use phone as hotspot), wait 10m, download new tune, repeat.

I assume they will start with a OTS rb tune and go from there. It would only make sense.

The chatter is worse when the car is warmed up and even worse with the ac on. But it doesn't bother me as inside the car you can barely hear it and if the windows are down at a stoplight I just keep the clutch pedal pushed in. I certainly wouldn't want it any lighter. It is still much harder to drive smoothly than the stock clutch.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E70 Twin Turbo Diesel JBD

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

honestly man, unless you want be paying to get your tranny pulled and your clutch replaced in a month. Stop everything right now and put 500 miles on it strictly street driving. No wot pulls, no highway, no tuning, no dyno sessions, none of that. Clutches need proper break in. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Just move at your own pace and make sure it's done right. I repeat, do not do any wot pulls nor highway driving. You will be shooting yourself in the foot if you do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    honestly man, unless you want be paying to get your tranny pulled and your clutch replaced in a month. Stop everything right now and put 500 miles on it strictly street driving. No wot pulls, no highway, no tuning, no dyno sessions, none of that. Clutches need proper break in. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks. Just move at your own pace and make sure it's done right. I repeat, do not do any wot pulls nor highway driving. You will be shooting yourself in the foot if you do.
    100% agree. I need to do a 500 mile break in on my spec 3+ now. Definitely not going to push it even though its been over a month I haven't been able to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    100% agree. I need to do a 500 mile break in on my spec 3+ now. Definitely not going to push it even though its been over a month I haven't been able to.
    Did spec send you a replacement? Did they find what the issue was with your last clutch?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Did spec send you a replacement? Did they find what the issue was with your last clutch?
    I am picking the car up just now. I am taking all the measurements and will ship the parts back to them. Can talk more about it once we see what's wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Definitely stay off the gas until it is broken in!!! You don't want to be dropping the trans again just to replace the clutch. Not only that but it will actually end up taking much longer doing it that way.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What about spec stage 5? Is hard to drive?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Much wow. 5 stage clutch pedal.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Welcome back
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd be concerned with the unsprung disk breaking stuff and it generally being hard to drive. If you got over 700ftlbs though I guess...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stage 3+ should be more than enough for ST and VS3 unless I am mistaken no one is coming close to 670ft lbs of torque...

stage 4 & 5 sound miserable to drive.

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Stage 3+ should be more than enough for ST and VS3 unless I am mistaken no one is coming close to 670ft lbs of torque...

I think that when supplemental fueling is taken care of, a 6MT is going to break out and these limits we think are limits are going to be expanded quickly.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I thought stage 3 is only good to like 560ft-lbs ?!?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I'd be concerned with the unsprung disk breaking stuff and it generally being hard to drive. If you got over 700ftlbs though I guess...
    What about 6-650 ft lbs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Much wow. 5 stage clutch pedal.
    Much confusion. Wow. Gooby pls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Welcome back
    Yea man! I saw your car when I dropped mine off Sunday

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought stage 3 is only good to like 560ft-lbs ?!?!
    Stage 3+ is rated to hold 671 ft lbs from the spec website: http://www.specclutch.com/cars/BMW/335/2008/Single

I think traction is going to be a major issue at these power levels but that can be addressed...

I would say drive a stage 3+ car and then decide if you could live with a MUCH harder driving experience. Stage 5 is probably a $#@! to drive. 820 ft lbs is alot...

Stage 3+
    "The flagship stage for a high powered street or race car that requires a manageable and friendly engagement, the stage 3+ features a carbon semi-metallic full faced material that offers unparalleled life, friction co-efficient and drivability characteristics in one single package. Great for street, drag, drift, autocross, road racing, pulling, rallye and drift.

Stage 5
    " a full-metallic disc with the highest possible friction co-efficient. Street drivable but not street-friendly."

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stage 3+ is rated to hold 671 ft lbs from the spec website: http://www.specclutch.com/cars/BMW/335/2008/Single

I think traction is going to be a major issue at these power levels but that can be addressed...

I would say drive a stage 3+ car and then decide if you could live with a MUCH harder driving experience. Stage 5 is probably a $#@! to drive. 820 ft lbs is alot...

Stage 3+
    "The flagship stage for a high powered street or race car that requires a manageable and friendly engagement, the stage 3+ features a carbon semi-metallic full faced material that offers unparalleled life, friction co-efficient and drivability characteristics in one single package. Great for street, drag, drift, autocross, road racing, pulling, rallye and drift.

Stage 5
    " a full-metallic disc with the highest possible friction co-efficient. Street drivable but not street-friendly."
    Are you saying the 3+ is a much harder driving experience, or were you referring to the stage 5?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you saying the 3+ is a much harder driving experience, or were you referring to the stage 5?
    my e90 with stock clutch and flywheel I can make it drive like an auto. People have actually commented on it.

my e92 with steel lwfw and stage 3+ clutch is harder to drive. I stall it sometimes on hills, and I can't make it drive as smoothly as stock. I am hoping the cvd and clutch stop help. I'll find out next spring when it is back on the road, it's hibernating in the garage for now.

Reviews on the spec stage 5 online for other cars are mixed. I wouldn't want it for a daily. Even as a weekend warrior it might be too much, for me.

If you need something to hold 820 ft lbs of torque what are you talking about 900-1000whp? I mean even putting down 700 is going to be damn hard I think...

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

my e90 with stock clutch and flywheel I can make it drive like an auto. People have actually commented on it.

my e92 with steel lwfw and stage 3+ clutch is harder to drive. I stall it sometimes on hills, and I can't make it drive as smoothly as stock. I am hoping the cvd and clutch stop help. I'll find out next spring when it is back on the road, it's hibernating in the garage for now.

Reviews on the spec stage 5 online for other cars are mixed. I wouldn't want it for a daily. Even as a weekend warrior it might be too much, for me.

If you need something to hold 820 ft lbs of torque what are you talking about 900-1000whp? I mean even putting down 700 is going to be damn hard I think...
    +1
    My stage 3+ clutch and steel flywheel does not drive exactly like stock but it still very daily drivable.

The stage 5 clutch is not very street friendly. MY buddy runs that setup in his Camaro and it's not harder to drive than my stage 3+ it's just extremely noisey . If you can deal with the noise and on/off engagement then it's not a bad clutch.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

L

Ok cool, I wasn't planning on going stage 5. Stage 3+ will be more than enough for my needs. How much different is the pedal engagement effort from stock. I was shocked how light the stock clutch was when I first went to push in the clutch. It makes driving my 6mt Tacoma a real chore, so much so I want to sell it now, lol. I still have the cdv and it hasn't really bothered me. I'll have to drive a 6mt without it to see the difference.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Ok cool, I wasn't planning on going stage 5. Stage 3+ will be more than enough for my needs. How much different is the pedal engagement effort from stock. I was shocked how light the stock clutch was when I first went to push in the clutch. It makes driving my 6mt Tacoma a real chore, so much so I want to sell it now, lol. I still have the cdv and it hasn't really bothered me. I'll have to drive a 6mt without it to see the difference.
    It is a noticeable increase in effort required to push the clutch but I like it. It kind of makes you feel like a man haha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I would try and drive a stage 3+ car if you can.

It's hard for me to compare and I own both. The stage 3+ is heavy but still very daily driveable. I have driven worse. I drive in traffic daily and never have had my leg cramp up or my foot hurt from the clutch and I usually keep in engaged when stopped.

When I get in the e90 I literally slam my foot to the floor for the 1st few minutes as I forget down damn light it is. The stock clutch is amazing considering how easy to drive, how much power it can hold, and for how long.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    It is a noticeable increase in effort required to push the clutch but I like it. It kind of makes you feel like a man haha
    This should be said every time someone asks what it feels like to drive with it. Do you like feeling like a man? Ok, then you will enjoy the clutch Click here to enlarge

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast