Close

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Since I got these turbos installed , I always thought that the 3rd and 4th gear had incredible amount of power and 2nd gear was smooth. It felt to me like the real strength of the car was 3rd and 4th gear. I was thinking on my drive to work this morning and remembered that when I was on the track in October with my stock turbo set up, I had lowered the first gear to 8 psi and 2nd gear to 13 psi using JB4. I went ahead and set up the 2nd gear with the the normal boost of the car (19.5 psi max). I warmed up the engine and went for a drive. I found an empty 3 lane road, turned off the traction control and stomped on the gas pedal in 2nd gear at 2500 rpm to see what would happen. Click here to enlarge

Well, the car doesn't go straight. There is no traction on my 265/35/18 Michelin PSS tireas at 47 degrees temperature. The cars rear end moves to the right under accelaration.

The moral of the story, I need bigger and better tires and 2nd gear @ 19.5 psi is Click here to enlarge

I have also ordered m3 front control arms kit, rear arms kit and subframe bushings to help my suspension setup.
    Spec2+ Clutch, SS SMFW, BMS backend flash, VRSF DPs, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP - Tial BOV, N20 3.5 Bar map sensor, BMS OCC, Walbro 255, Wavetrac LSD, Defiv Diff. lockdown kit, UUC EVO3 and DSSR, AFE DCI, H&R Coilovers, M3 Front control arms, rear arms, rear subframe bushings, Rogue Engineering transmission mounts, Michelin PSS 265/35/18 - 235/40/18, Apex ARC-8.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gogunbaba Click here to enlarge
    Since I got these turbos installed , I always thought that the 3rd and 4th gear had incredible amount of power and 2nd gear was smooth. It felt to me like the real strength of the car was 3rd and 4th gear. I was thinking on my drive to work this morning and remembered that when I was on the track in October with my stock turbo set up, I had lowered the first gear to 8 psi and 2nd gear to 13 psi using JB4. I went ahead and set up the 2nd gear with the the normal boost of the car (19.5 psi max). I warmed up the engine and went for a drive. I found an empty 3 lane road, turned off the traction control and stomped on the gas pedal in 2nd gear at 2500 rpm to see what would happen. Click here to enlarge

Well, the car doesn't go straight. There is no traction on my 265/35/18 Michelin PSS tireas at 47 degrees temperature. The cars rear end moves to the right under accelaration.

The moral of the story, I need bigger and better tires and 2nd gear @ 19.5 psi is Click here to enlarge

I have also ordered m3 front control arms kit, rear arms kit and subframe bushings to help my suspension setup.
    I have a question regarding map 6 on the jb4, I'm not sure if I should be asking Terry directly or what. What would be the best psi settings/ your settings used, in order to use the full potential of the turbos? I've never messed around with map 6 and I'm not comfortable messing around with those settings unless I have some better guidance. I just received my set Tuesday, so I'm anxious in getting them installed.
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    I have a question regarding map 6 on the jb4, I'm not sure if I should be asking Terry directly or what. What would be the best psi settings/ your settings used, in order to use the full potential of the turbos? I've never messed around with map 6 and I'm not comfortable messing around with those settings unless I have some better guidance. I just received my set Tuesday, so I'm anxious in getting them installed.
    map 6 has to be setup by Terry. Otherwise, just by changing the boost targets, the car will not work properly. He has done 6 firmware updates to get the most out of these turbos. Now that he has enough data on these turbos, he should be able to tune your car in a shorter amount of time as it looks like our mods are very similar.
    Spec2+ Clutch, SS SMFW, BMS backend flash, VRSF DPs, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP - Tial BOV, N20 3.5 Bar map sensor, BMS OCC, Walbro 255, Wavetrac LSD, Defiv Diff. lockdown kit, UUC EVO3 and DSSR, AFE DCI, H&R Coilovers, M3 Front control arms, rear arms, rear subframe bushings, Rogue Engineering transmission mounts, Michelin PSS 265/35/18 - 235/40/18, Apex ARC-8.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

the subframe bushing will help settle things under load a good bit. There are worse problems to have Click here to enlarge
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Hit up the Defiv guys to get the rear diff lock down kit. It settles the car very nicely and its very consistent when it steps out now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Hit up the Defiv guys to get the rear diff lock down kit. It settles the car very nicely and its very consistent when it steps out now.
    I already have defiv kit installed Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Gotta second this although I have yet to experience it personally. For the price plus the quality of the service I'm quite happy with my purchase. I mean, it's a no brainer if it helps the rear end and keeps things safer too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I already have defiv kit installed Click here to enlarge
    Well get it again Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    hi Click here to enlarge)))) i am happy
    Today come my vtt stage 2 batch 2... supeeeeeerClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    I WOULD LIKE TO THANK TONY FOR ALL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    I have expanded the orginal turbocharged today
    THIS IS MY CHRISTMAS GIFT FROM TONY Click here to enlarge
    TONY EVERYTHING BETTER AND SUPE Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by ibrahim06; 12-23-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ibrahim06 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    LoL not sure what you mean but love the excitement Click here to enlarge

enjoy
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Welcome, glad all made it safely. Merry Christmas in Austria!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

hi Click here to enlarge)))) i am happy
    Today come my vtt stage 2 batch 2... supeeeeeerClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    I WOULD LIKE TO THANK TONY FOR ALL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Had a fun time reading this. I'll be getting mine tomorrow and they will be installed before I hit Big Willow on the 5th. I won't be using a custom tune, just the GIAC stage 2 race (100 oct no meth). I'll give a report on how they hold up. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    turb0mike
    | HP ​Autosport | GIAC | Vargas Turbochargers |
    AST | APR Performance | Evolution Racewerks | Rogue Engineering | Apex |
    "Anyone can drive a fast car, not everyone can drive a car fast"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

@gogunbaba

Please keep us updated on how that Spec Stage 2+ is holding up with the new turbos Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    460whp/510wtq tuned by Terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

so far so good, I have around 1500 miles on the setup and haven't had any issues. I also don't push my car on the street. I will have a better idea, once I take my car to the track. I will be doing the 2 days NASA event at Road Atlanta in March, join the wannagofast(1/2 mile race) event in April as well as import showdown(1/4 mile) in April.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

so far so good, I have around 1500 miles on the setup and haven't had any issues. I also don't push my car on the street. I will have a better idea, once I take my car to the track. I will be doing the 2 days NASA event at Road Atlanta in March, join the wannagofast(1/2 mile race) event in April as well as import showdown(1/4 mile) in April.
    Just noticed you posted on the other site that you are having a problem with the car getting stuck in gear. Could you please elaborate more on this? I'm about to buy Spec Stage 2+ with Steel SMFW but holding off because it seems people have weird problems. I daily drive the car in traffic and if its getting stuck in gear....thats not gonna work for me.

Thanks man.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MAC335 Click here to enlarge
    Just noticed you posted on the other site that you are having a problem with the car getting stuck in gear. Could you please elaborate more on this? I'm about to buy Spec Stage 2+ with Steel SMFW but holding off because it seems people have weird problems. I daily drive the car in traffic and if its getting stuck in gear....thats not gonna work for me.

Thanks man.
    I have a Spec Stage 2+ with Steel flywheel and it has been flawless. Sounds like he is having an install issue. 9 times out of 10 clutch issues are due to improper install. Its worth it to pay someone who knows what they are doing, clutch jobs can be crazy expensive if you are paying for install twice or multiple clutch setups.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I haven't experienced it getting stocked while driving. However, it does it when it is parked. I did pay a depandabke shop to install thsi for me. What do you think could be the problem?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    I have a Spec Stage 2+ with Steel flywheel and it has been flawless. Sounds like he is having an install issue. 9 times out of 10 clutch issues are due to improper install. Its worth it to pay someone who knows what they are doing, clutch jobs can be crazy expensive if you are paying for install twice or multiple clutch setups.
    I'm gonna take it to HP Autosport in SB and I'm confident their install will be flawless so if its not an actual Spec clutch issue, then I'm not worried.

I haven't experienced it getting stocked while driving. However, it does it when it is parked. I did pay a depandabke shop to install thsi for me. What do you think could be the problem?
    Oh I was just going off what you said in your post. You said "mainly" so I thought it might of happened when driving too:

"I have exactly the same issue, mainly when it is parked in gear.mso, I started to leave the car in NEUTRAL. IT only happened once when I was driving in traffic. I am interested to know the solution as well. The shop that I take my car to only works on BMW s as well."

It would suck if this happened when driving in traffic.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

OP how's the car holding up? any updates? so whats the verdict on the billet wheel is it worth it?
    E50 PTF

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

jlcf22: the billet wheel is totally worth it in my opinion. I've had the turbos on my car now for about a month. Life/work got in the way and I got pretty busy, but soon I'll make a thread about the turbos. Long story short.. they're awesome
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Jp I look forward to your review!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

my car is doing fine. I am not very happy with my Wavetrac LSD so it is being sent to California for inspection. Other than that, I was using E60 mix and map3 (480 hp daily setup) since I got the turbos installed. I have recently changed it to pump gas back end flash and map5, the car still has plenty of power and I think I will continue to use this set up. By the way, I got the M3 subfrmae bushings,front control arms and rear guide rods installed. I think this is all I can do to the car as far as modifications other than meth. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I think this is all I can do to the car as far as modifications other than meth.
    What about weight reduction?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast