Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I facepalmed in real life. Congratulations.

Why? You're disgusted too or what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sooo...ummm how about those dynos??? No...anything...anybody? Click here to enlarge Alright I'm out...Click here to enlarge
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    If you ever get a chance to borrow a Cobb AP from someone and datalog you'll quickly learn that going off of just cylinder 1 is almost a waste. It is by far one of the quietest cylinders when it comes to seeing timing retard for whatever reason. When you see in-gear corrections on cylinders 2, 4, and 5 knocking timing down by 6 to 12 degrees and cylinder 1 staying quiet you'd very quickly realize why I always keep bringing this up.
    The is truth. I've had crazy, crazy knock (8-10 deg of correction) but #1 is silent. I can never go back.

Shiv had this done before and even shared datalogs of it on e90. So it can be done. Now ask yourselves, is it that its so difficult to do or is there maybe a very good reason behind this? Imagine all the map 1, map 2 users in Cali coming back and asking WTF is this on cylinder 2 or 5 or all Terry on our crappy ACN 91 octane. I think there's some truth to both especially given that Shiv's already had it done.
    At this point, I think shiv made that graph/data up. Never backed it up, posted any other logs, or released the firmware. I honestly can't come to another conclusion. Your note about Cobb using custom code supports this theory.
    700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    The is truth. I've had crazy, crazy knock (8-10 deg of correction) but #1 is silent. I can never go back.

At this point, I think shiv made that graph/data up. Never backed it up, posted any other logs, or released the firmware. I honestly can't come to another conclusion. Your note about Cobb using custom code supports this theory.
    I don't get how you couldn't feel 8-10 degrees or correction? It is a pretty big thump when you correct that much timing. I know what you mean though, more cylinders, more data, etc is better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I don't get how you couldn't feel 8-10 degrees or correction? It is a pretty big thump when you correct that much timing. I know what you mean though, more cylinders, more data, etc is better.
    You can't feel a single cylinder correcting 5 deg or even a few. If 3 deg of timing across 6 cylinders (18 deg in sum) is roughly 20 whp, 10 deg in a single cylinder is less than that (5-10whp) which is hard to feel in a 440+whp car.More importantly, is where the correction happens and under what circumstances. Without the verbose logging, you'd never know and can't correct.
    700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I've said it before, piggybacks rely on the margin of error that the stock/hybrid turbos provide. Once we start seeing more and more big turbo cars we're going to start seeing exactly what not monitoring 2-6 ends up looking like...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    You can't feel a single cylinder correcting 5 deg or even a few. If 3 deg of timing across 6 cylinders (18 deg in sum) is roughly 20 whp, 10 deg in a single cylinder is less than that (5-10whp) which is hard to feel in a 440+whp car.More importantly, is where the correction happens and under what circumstances. Without the verbose logging, you'd never know and can't correct.
    Unless you monitor this constantly, it really mostly counts when you first do the tune, of course conditions change, but in my case being in Florida, it wouldn't change that much. I think in the case of pushing things at the track, it would be nice to and IMO you should be logging every run. On the street mainly cause of safety, I don't push things too hard, so not as important there. Of course on pump gas only...I dunno, in the end it depends on the situation I guess mainly, but being able to see everything going on when pushing the limits sure would be nice.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I've said it before, piggybacks rely on the margin of error that the stock/hybrid turbos provide. Once we start seeing more and more big turbo cars we're going to start seeing exactly what not monitoring 2-6 ends up looking like...
    Eh. You're going to want to do that tuning on the dyno anyway. I don't think it will be an issue since you will be able to determine MBT. Don't get me wrong, once all cylinder monitoring comes to piggies it will be a welcome add, I just don't think its as big a deal as the Cobb guys claim. Guess time will tell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @G.I.Joe ran a 6MT record holding 7.5sec 60-130mph in his E90 6MT with RB turbos and E50, full weight, street tires 18" OEM wheels. He's also put down 550whp in Sweden with his RBs and our protune before running that time.
    Just to comment that the car is in fact E92 and it "only" put down ~530 rwhp at the time, but the map has actually been a bit improved since then, and it is still running strong. I now have 25k km on the RB turbos, and since I've changed clutch/flywheel to SPEC SM Steel and Stg. 3+ I can shift a little faster, and I expect to be able to improve a little on that time this winter. Won't dyno until spring probably, but I have had zero issues with the turbos or oil consumption since the RB upgrade. Currently I'm having new drive shafts fitted, I broke the left one last Friday....Click here to enlarge
    E92 335i 2008 Space Grey 6MT | RB turbos | Quaife LSD | M3 Suspension kit | Íhlins Road & Track Coilover | DEFIVfab N54 diff lockdown kit | COBB PTF E50 map | Walbro E85 455 LPH LPFP | NGK 5992 plugs | Wagner FMIC | Wagner 3" DP | Milltek exhaust | Trueform Tech Intake System | Tial BOV | Motiv PI Stage 1 w/AIC | SPEC Stage 3+ clutch | SPEC SSM Flywheel | BMS CDV | 60-130 mph 7.55 s | 100-200 kmh 6.57 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Double post
    700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Eh. You're going to want to do that tuning on the dyno anyway. I don't think it will be an issue since you will be able to determine MBT. Don't get me wrong, once all cylinder monitoring comes to piggies it will be a welcome add, I just don't think its as big a deal as the Cobb guys claim. Guess time will tell.
    I log everytime I go WOT. I'm kind if anal that way Click here to enlarge The AP makes it easy to do because it's always on and I just press one button to log (vs pulling out my laptop).
    700 and change

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Is there anything new, data wise, coming from these turbos? It seems like the new fuss is about the n55 vtt upgrade, but what about what's already here? I'm supposed to receive my set soon, but there has yet been anything new coming from these. Maybe it's my fault for jumping the gun, but I was hoping, by now, that something new would have came up, especially with the 6x6 billet upgrade.Click here to enlarge
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

I think the margin of error for hybrids is lower than a moderate tuned big single. Also, I've use Cobb and seen the corrections. Sometimes they occur and its not knock (unless race gas on 12psi can knock...) but honestly with a good setup (fmic, DP's) and decent fuel (E40+ with 93 pump) I have never seen anything with Cobb that looked like knock on any cylinder. So tell me more about why constantly monitoring all cylinders is critical for me, please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    Is there anything new, data wise, coming from these turbos? It seems like the new fuss is about the n55 vtt upgrade, but what about what's already here? I'm supposed to receive my set soon, but there has yet been anything new coming from these. Maybe it's my fault for jumping the gun, but I was hoping, by now, that something new would have came up, especially with the 6x6 billet upgrade.Click here to enlarge
    the one dude is currently breaking in his clutch, should have dyno numbers soon
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    9 people have taken delivery, Our customer in Atlanta says he is hitting the Dyno tomorrow. We are also shipping 10 more sets tomorrow, and hopefully 10 more next week. VAC got back to me with their Dyno numbers on an XI on 18 PSI and 93/meth on an AWD mustang. I am sure Mike will post then soon, if he gives me permission I will post them. But they were very impressive for such a conservative tune. Hold tight, things are picking up quickly. I have not swapped the shop car yet, well because its hard to build turbos for customers when you are pulling the shop car down. I have multiple people who do all the little stuff to get these turbos ready, but I build each and every set by hand. So its taking up quite a bit of my time right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    9 people have taken delivery, Our customer in Atlanta says he is hitting the Dyno tomorrow. We are also shipping 10 more sets tomorrow, and hopefully 10 more next week. VAC got back to me with their Dyno numbers on an XI on 18 PSI and 93/meth on an AWD mustang. I am sure Mike will post then soon, if he gives me permission I will post them. But they were very impressive for such a conservative tune. Hold tight, things are picking up quickly. I have not swapped the shop car yet, well because its hard to build turbos for customers when you are pulling the shop car down. I have multiple people who do all the little stuff to get these turbos ready, but I build each and every set by hand. So its taking up quite a bit of my time right now.
    ETA on the results from that xi?
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Shop I use: Aci Dynamix 408AWHP/ 483AWTQ Uncorrected Mustang Dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Awesome! Hopefully one of those sets are mine lol

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678