Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Very, very nice numbers...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If I can only wait to January to make a decision! Upgraded turbos is the way to go! If u want more power give it the octane to get the power! This will be another nice option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If you do not at least upgrade your LPFP you are kinda wasting your time. The 255 inline is $100 dollars. I do not understand spending $3K and not wanting to spend a little more to take advantage of them.
    I will be using pump 93 and meth 50/50 or a higher concentration. By using this setup, is that somewhat equivalent to the e85 blend dyno numbers you posted or what do you think would be a ball park hp/tq numbers?E85 in this country is hard to find, that's even if it's available, so using meth is my only alternative.
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    @VargasTurboTech what's the max boost i can hit with pump gas 93 and 90%methanol with stg2 turbos?
    This is a loaded question, you can hit 30+ psi down low if you really wanted to. The turbos can do it, for reliability I wouldn't push more than say 21-23 psi down low, tapering to about 17 psi at redline. With the right fuel and tune that will net you some good reliable power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    how much boost for pump gas to make 400-425whp?
    Car made 421 / 429 at 14.5 psi, and very low acn 91 timing and tune. This was with the billet wheels in there. If you are after those power levels you can run these forever at those levels. The last batch 2 thread has the dyno and log for these pulls.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    Expected dyno numbers FBO ACN91 with old plugs, 1 coil on the way out, 115* ambient and two (2) yankee candle air fresheners? If it helps they'll both be hanging off the rear view mirror.

Edit: Please answer in units of wheelhorsepressures.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Tony if you want some dynos to compare with in a square format like you posted here are a few I have on this PC. They were all done at SpecialtyZ which may dyno 10hp higher than your dyno. I have no way of knowing that. Over the years their numbers always seemed to be pretty close to numbers Shiv pulled off that dynojet he uses when matching up boost and timing so if you are using the same dyno Shiv uses I expect it should be about the same.

Both the RB turbo cars are tuned for around 19psi down low and 9 degrees of advance, and 20psi up top with 11-12 degrees advance and were on E85 + meth. With straight race gas they would make the same numbers. The single turbo run is just a shake down run on 91 octane I threw in for comparison. It's obviously not as attractive but keep in mind that is a mild 91 octane tune with little spool up tuning vs. RB cars that are running much more aggressively on higher octane.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

What about some dynos of the dozens of RB cars that don't make 530-550whp? The guys semi-local to me that run that same stack tune setup usually see ~490whp on the dynojet at Moore's. I'll see if I can dig some up sheets up.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    What about some dynos of the dozens of RB cars that don't make 530-550whp? The guys semi-local to me that run that same stack tune setup usually see ~490whp on the dynojet at Moore's. I'll see if I can dig some up sheets up.
    Good point, would love to see some of those. Alan is always the voice of reason, one of my favorite members on the forums.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I did a local one the other day that made only 512whp on the same dyno with similar fuel. Little things like transmission type, wheel weight, exhaust differences, all contribute to a different result even if using the same dyno on the same day. Then when you start talking about different dynos all together there is much more room for variance from different calibrations, fan configurations, weather, correction factors, etc. I was emailed a 575whp RB dyno a few months ago. But, it was on a 12% correction factor, lol. I think it's entirely possible some dynojets read 2-3% higher or lower than others. They are just machines that can wear down, etc. So at 500rw that is +- 10-15rw.

I've always said in my opinion RBs properly tuned are good for 500/500 with mid cats in place on moderate tuning. 19-20psi and 9-12 degrees advance. If someone is making less than that on the same turbos there is probably some difference in the tuning that is causing it. So if Vargas turbos wind up making 500/500 on average on similar tuning then I'll say they are probably equivalent.

PS. Tony correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't the S2 turbos change dramatically from the original concept? So for example the ones with the smaller wheels were making less power but this new round has larger wheels and machining to equal the RBs. So if that is the case it seems reasonable the results should be about the same. But I've not seen anything to indicate these are going to make more power than RBs for example. It seems the factory manifolds are just too limiting to expect much more than 500rw on a moderate tune and 525rw+ on an aggressive one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-15-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Ps, thanks for no one telling me I misspelled the title. That's like leaving something in your boys teeth all day and not telling him...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Ps, thanks for no one telling me I misspelled the title. That's like leaving something in your boys teeth all day and not telling him...Click here to enlarge
    I doubt anyone noticed.

Click here to enlarge
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I doubt anyone noticed.
    cool
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Exactly my point Terry Click here to enlarge
    There are SOOO many variables between cars and dynos that the best we can do is go with an "average car on an average dynojet."

So posting up outlier results(high or low) doesn't really do much for comparisons sake. The only way would be to take 2 similar cars on the same on the same day and see how much boost/timing/tuning it takes to hit the same number(of course there are still flaws in this setup but it is what it is.)
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

edited

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I doubt anyone noticed.

Click here to enlarge
    Anyone who has ever texted with a teenage girl while in junior high can read this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Exactly my point Terry Click here to enlarge
    There are SOOO many variables between cars and dynos that the best we can do is go with an "average car on an average dynojet."

So posting up outlier results(high or low) doesn't really do much for comparisons sake. The only way would be to take 2 similar cars on the same on the same day and see how much boost/timing/tuning it takes to hit the same number(of course there are still flaws in this setup but it is what it is.)
    For the record my idea was for everyone to just show up at NFZ on the 23rd and race. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

^^^this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The single turbo run is just a shake down run on 91 octane I threw in for comparison.
    Which kit and boost was that?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

For the record my idea was for everyone to just show up at NFZ on the 23rd and race. Click here to enlarge
    I'll be doing that for some comparisons when I go single soon. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I totally agree.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I totally agree.
    So you comin or what? Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    So you comin or what? Click here to enlarge
    VA to CA is a bit of a drive for me haha. I do local roll racing events when I can, though.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

VA to CA is a bit of a drive for me haha. I do local roll racing events when I can, though.
    There are local events in VA?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeenon53 Click here to enlarge
    There are local events in VA?
    MIR has them occasionally
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast