Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Thanks for the very good responses .... clears things up. There is a little more HP up top on the RBs but this is your first tuning dyno as appossed to 100s of rbs so theres time to show improvement lol

I agree those settings Daily on RBs is not done without throwing away long time reliability that's where yours will show there value when they show there longevity
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's nice to see some hard data coming out and the sensor information is not something I've seen before on this platform. If the car is up and running you should bring it down to NFZ on 11/23. I know at least 3 RB turbo cars will be there and I will be there with our FFTEC E92. Lots of stock turbo cars too. Great way to get some real world logs/tuning/comparisons done!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Chuck I think you may be a victim of the ole stretched out dyno charts here. Cause here is an RB dyno, claiming to be a record at the time running boost much higher to redline, a guaranteed death sentence for his turbos. Then we have our graph below it.

First the RBs hold 400 ft lbs of tq from about 2800 to about 6300 or 3500 RPM. Where as our graph shows 400 ft lbs of tq from 2750 to about 6250 or the exact same 3500. This graph also shows the RBs holding 450 ft lbs from about 3000 to 6100 or 3100 rpm. Where as graph shows the batch 2's holding 450 wtq from 3000-5750 or 2750 RPM a staggering loss of 350 rpm. And for 500 ft lbs of tq The Rb's hold it from from 3800 to about 5800 or 2000 rpm. Our graph shows us holding 500 ft lbs of tq from about 3150 to 5400 RPM or 2250 RPM a gain of 250 rpm and it comes in earlier. So exactly where are we giving up all this tq, and power under the curve? If I would have grabbed the DJ file and used the normal presentation the curve would have looked much different and flatter. As I stated in a few posts above, if you want to mimmick a curve like the one below even more closely, its really very simple, bring the boost down a few psi down low to those tq levels and don't taper is so aggressively and your curve will look almost identical or actually much better. (even though me just changing the scaling would have a drastic difference on how our curve looks, its got more to do with the RB graph has 20 rpm points compared to our 10 meaning their graph is twice as stretched out) Both turbos are using the same size turbine wheels, meaning the housings are both opened up the same, and for these we have installed now, the exact same compressor wheel. Meaning the only thing really going to change the curves around is tune, that's the awesome thing about custom tuning, choose your poison. Tell them what you want and you get it. I told D I wanted a bunch of boost down low so he gave it to me. It has nothing to do with the hardware.

Edit: Also interesting to note is we reach 500 WHP 550 RPM sooner than the RB's, we do taper quicker but that's due to the aggressive boost taper we were running. Bottom line is, the turbos are performing about the same, tune is going to change the curve around and power points vastly. Running that much boost to redline like the RB's were, means they go boom in short order.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...9&d=1380753819

Attachment 34405
    That's the American way! Take an existing product, add a few bells and whistles to it (6x6 wheel and thrust parts), throw your logo on it, repackage it, and sale it cheaper than the completion. That's how you win the market, Taking Over The Competition 101! I can't wait to get my set even though I want be able to do anything, since its getting ready to snow real soon over here.Click here to enlarge Standby mode until Spring... Click here to enlarge
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Stock fueling? lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Excited for 6x6 results!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Stock fueling? lol
    Its got the upgraded LPFP system we built for it, and the HPFS upgrade we do. But it was still running out of fuel with anything approaching E50 and above. So we went with the E30 mix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Stock fueling? lol
    If using race gas instead of the heavy E85 mix you can fuel more power. I don't see the high and low fuel pressure traces in the logs unfortunately so I can't tell if this has already crossed the line of what is likely to crap on the road or if there is more room left in it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Good initial results. Kill mode numbers are always fun to look at.

Any plans to test on regular pump gas (93 octane?) and a tune that will not kill the longevity of the turbos before you swap in the other wheels? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in seeing these numbers to get an idea of what they can run around with on a daily basis without issues.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Its got the upgraded LPFP system we built for it, and the HPFS upgrade we do. But it was still running out of fuel with anything approaching E50 and above. So we went with the E30 mix.
    Thank you!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    If using race gas instead of the heavy E85 mix you can fuel more power. I don't see the high and low fuel pressure traces in the logs unfortunately so I can't tell if this has already crossed the line of what is likely to crap on the road or if there is more room left in it.
    Yea well it seems to have both systems running it.

@Sticky You need to bring multi quote back. Just put a + next to reply with quote a little + box lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
    Good initial results. Kill mode numbers are always fun to look at.

Any plans to test on regular pump gas (93 octane?) and a tune that will not kill the longevity of the turbos before you swap in the other wheels? I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in seeing these numbers to get an idea of what they can run around with on a daily basis without issues.
    +1 on testing on pump 93 octane

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wreckz Click here to enlarge
    +1 on testing on pump 93 octane
    That's what I said. I'm honestly not looking into upgrading the hpfp or lpfp any time soon, especially after paying over $3k for these. My pockets aren't that deep...Click here to enlarge
    E92 Monaco Blue AT 335I/ VTT S2B2/ JB4 G5 w/ BB Flash/ BMS DCI/ ER CP w/ Synaspe BOV/ M2 Exhaust/VRSF Dp's/ ETS 5' FMIC/ BMS OCC/ Coolingmist CMGS Autolearn Meth Kit/ VMR V710/ ST V1 Coilovers/BMS Spacers/Aero Lip/m3 replica side skirts/m3 Spoiler/BSW stage 1 audio uprade/ P3 Gauge/Morimoto 15k HID AE/3k HID Fogs/ interior led upgrade/ painted reflectors/ black kidney grills

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    -1 on 93 testing :0)
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    -1 on 93 testing :0)
    +1 to this. If you're going through the trouble and expense to install aftermarket turbos you need to feed them the octane they need to make power. If you don't have access to e85 then run meth.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    +1 to this. If you're going through the trouble and expense to install aftermarket turbos you need to feed them the octane they need to make power. If you don't have access to e85 then run meth.
    ^ This

OR, you can also go with a larger than stock frame turbo setup. It'll introduce more lag but make more power on pump than stock frame upgrades can

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shadow007 Click here to enlarge
    That's what I said. I'm honestly not looking into upgrading the hpfp or lpfp any time soon, especially after paying over $3k for these. My pockets aren't that deep...Click here to enlarge
    If you do not at least upgrade your LPFP you are kinda wasting your time. The 255 inline is $100 dollars. I do not understand spending $3K and not wanting to spend a little more to take advantage of them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i do plan on buying the hpfp and the lpfp just not right of the bat
    i hate doing stuff half ass i would ratter do it right.

however i dont have access to e85 here so dyno runs on some pump gas appeal to me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Pump gas numbers on a FBO car will probably see anywhere from 400-425whp on 93 octane out there reasonably speaking, depending on dyno (baseline), weather conditions, engine health, etc. More octane, more power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Expected dyno numbers FBO ACN91 with old plugs, 1 coil on the way out, 115* ambient and two (2) yankee candle air fresheners? If it helps they'll both be hanging off the rear view mirror.

Edit: Please answer in units of wheelhorsepressures.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Excited to see the 6x6 results. so many people use e85 mixes nowadays, id be more interested in those compared to what these things can do on just pump gas alone. maybe pump + meth? lol. still more interesting than just pump. This just may have decided what im going to do when it comes to a turbo upgrade when my stockers go.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    Excited to see the 6x6 results. so many people use e85 mixes nowadays, id be more interested in those compared to what these things can do on just pump gas alone. maybe pump + meth? lol. still more interesting than just pump. This just may have decided what im going to do when it comes to a turbo upgrade when my stockers go.
    Fair enough. I'd be using an E85 blend as well if I were to be running upgraded turbos. So how about some numbers (on an E85 blend) with a tune that would be reasonable to run with on a daily basis and not kill the longevity of the turbos? Click here to enlarge

I just want to stress, this is not an everyday tune, shaft speeds were at 230K and BP was 2.5:1 or so. Boost was peaking at 24.4 at 4360 RPM down low and tapering to about 18.8 at 6800 RPM, running your turbos here daily will kill them off decently quickly.
    Multi-quote would have made this post much easier. Haha.
    335i Coupe, JB4 (G4, map 5) DCI and 40% E85 blend: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe: 12.173 @ 109.490 MPH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

from the dyno sheets should shift at 6k rpm to avoid the drop in power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@PTF Click here to enlarge
    Pump gas numbers on a FBO car will probably see anywhere from 400-425whp on 93 octane out there reasonably speaking, depending on dyno (baseline), weather conditions, engine health, etc. More octane, more power.
    how much boost for pump gas to make 400-425whp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@VargasTurboTech what's the max boost i can hit with pump gas 93 and 90%methanol with stg2 turbos?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I really hate this question, but at what power level does an intake actually help? I do not want the extra sound on the intake side from a DCI, but if it is a legitimate bottleneck for power (i.e > 10-15whp), I would consider doing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mj6234 Click here to enlarge
    I really hate this question, but at what power level does an intake actually help? I do not want the extra sound on the intake side from a DCI, but if it is a legitimate bottleneck for power (i.e > 10-15whp), I would consider doing it.
    You need more flow for even a stock hardware car running a stage 1 tune. If you don't want the sound you can look into the AFE sealed intake kits, Dinan, or just do a MR 5 style intake system. Stick with divert valves instead of a Blow off valve down the road and you should still be as quiet as a church mouse, if you're into that kind of thing.

I prefer a car to strike fear into the hearts of thine enemies.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast