Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

ESS Tuning VT2-625 supercharged E92 M3 versus Evolve Automotive E600 supercharged E92 M3

The reality is performance between supercharger kits on the E9X M3 S65 V8 with stock internals is all going to be relatively close. The differentiating factors are going to be the pulley and boost, tuning, fuel, transmission, etc. The Vortech based kits like the ESS VT2 car here will all hit relatively similar peak numbers. The main difference the Evolve kit offers is a Rotrex based supercharger kit which gives a different torque curve that is definitely a bit fatter in the mid range.

Click here to enlarge

So how do the two stack up in the real world? From a 45 mile per hour roll the Evolve kit hit a peak speed of 136.52 miles per hour and the ESS VT2-625 kit hit 133.92. Close, but 2.6 miles per hour is 2.6 miles per hour so the Evolve kit edges out the ESS kit up top. Now, with a pulley swap certainly the ESS kit could change the outcome here. Then the same goes for the Evolve kit also changing the pulley used for some more boost. Make of that back and forth what you will.

It would have been nice to see these two cars run from a stop as they are on a drag strip. Why that race did not take place so we could see a timeslip providing more data than just a peak velocity BimmerBoost does not know. Both cars are DCT models. Enjoy the video below.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both cars looked really strong doesn't look like you can go wrong with either pick. Any vids of that e46?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Performance is one thing, but drivability is a completely different story. The best part is the Rotrex still has so more to give (vs. the Vortech); this is the Evolve E600 (6-6.5 psi), there's also the E625 (7-7.5 psi) and then Active who sells a 640 kit (~8 psi) and 700 (~9 psi) on the same Rotrex Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Ess kit showed damn well from a dig. Both kits are impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Whomever runs more boost wins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Nice trap difference there.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Side note, how come you threaten to close DOR threads but front page videos from the event?

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Side note, how come you threaten to close DOR threads but front page videos from the event?
    There should be no reason to close any DOR threads, we have threads about bimmerfest, mfest, mpact, no fly zone (i think thats what its called) event, shift sector, etc. It makes absolutely ZERO sense to single out DOR threads.

I'm glad it's front page, it's a good event, it deserves it. I had more fun at DOR 1&2 than any car show or bimmerfest etc and I didn't even run!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Way to take a thread off topic. I threaten to close commercial postings made by non-sponsors and that is ultimately my decision.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    There should be no reason to close any DOR threads, we have threads about bimmerfest, mfest, mpact, no fly zone (i think thats what its called) event, shift sector, etc. It makes absolutely ZERO sense to single out DOR threads.

I'm glad it's front page, it's a good event, it deserves it. I had more fun at DOR 1&2 than any car show or bimmerfest etc and I didn't even run!
    You worry about your own business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm assuming they raced from a roll because it was the roll racing part of the day. I don't know if they raced later in the day during the dig portion or not because I couldn't make it to this one.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You worry about your own business.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

One thing that wasn't mentioned was the ESS car has a full exhaust and Mikey's versus the Evolve which only has exhaust cut outs and street tires. You can see LM slipping in the 2nd angle.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    One thing that wasn't mentioned was the ESS car has a full exhaust and Mikey's versus the Evolve which only has exhaust cut outs and street tires. You can see LM slipping in the 2nd angle.
    You can go back & froth. The Akra system has small secondary cats & the Street Radials, while LMs car has an catless X (think it's an eBay pipe) and Street tires. Traction was def an issue for some people thru the day.

LM also had a lot more on his plate during DOR then just racing. Great event, can't wait for the spring one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Whomever runs more boost wins.
    Wrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Wrong
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Still wrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

You have comprehension and critical thinking issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

You have comprehension and critical thinking issues.
    Because you say something, does not make it true. Your viewers already know which of us 2 have the issues you stated, and its obviously not me. Reply all you like, it doesnt change reality

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

4 out of 9 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by prodigymb is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Good run @LostMarine Depending on blower efficiency/size you could make more power with less boost its not at all uncommon. In this case your setup would respond to a smaller pulley and more boost. If the ESS kit is running a smaller pulley vs your car with a like pulley swap I think the top end difference is magnified in your favor based on prior results.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

The V3si will have a CFM advantage at the very top depending of course how far you push the impeller. Anyone can look at the flow charts. Apparently one poster in this thread did not.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Good run @LostMarine Depending on blower efficiency/size you could make more power with less boost its not at all uncommon. In this case your setup would respond to a smaller pulley and more boost. If the ESS kit is running a smaller pulley vs your car with a like pulley swap I think the top end difference is magnified in your favor based on prior results.
    Thanks, I know you of all people understand whats being shown here. Keyboard warriors that only regurgitate information and cant comprehend everything that is at play struggle with it.

Cfm is nearly identical when corrected to the same atmospherics, so to say one has an advantage is moot. I mean your talking less than 50cfm, but I guess if y8u read stats at face value and not the factors and standards used to measure you might be confused, or ignorant Click here to enlarge

First, I have an extremely efficient cooling system, as shown by the multiple dynos at multiple shops I took the car to, including MaxPSI. Even though the air was cold enough for both our cars to be performing very well, the vortech kit was probably seeing much higher iats than me, and the s65 is super sensitive to heat.
    That alone negates the 1 psi advantage he had.
    Second, what other simple minded people cant grasp, is that this setup delivers much more boost, much earlier and all the way through red line.
    What does that mean? Well, it means my motor is going through the rev range much faster, meaner more power sooner, which of c8urse means faster acceleration.
    Its really simple when your not binded by fanboism, and have actually driven other setups Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by LostMarine; 11-24-2013 at 05:39 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Keyboard warriors that only regurgitate information and cant comprehend everything that is at play struggle with it.
    Excellent point. I'm hoping it sinks in. Probably will sink in just as well as the basic math concerning gearing did.

Cfm is nearly identical when corrected to the same atmospherics, so to say one has an advantage is moot. I mean your talking less than 50cfm, but I guess if y8u read stats at face value and not the factors and standards used to measure you might be confused, or ignorant
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Anyone who thinks the cfm is identical is an idiot. Especially considering it isn't identical through the curve as that is a physical impossibility due to completely different impeller designs and sizes let alone the top end. It also depends on what rpm the impeller is being spun to. The fact of the matter is for the stock motor one blower works well at a certain rev range (wonder if someone will figure out which one and what range) and another has more leeway on the top end as well as the ability to be overspun always having greater top end CFM capability. Always.

It's all there in the specs and compressor maps if one actually takes the time to look. Ultimately, whomever runs their blower the hardest wins. One can be spun further than the other but this also has pluses and minuses. End of story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Second, what other simple minded people cant grasp, is that this setup delivers much more boost, much earlier and all the way through red line.
    The simple minded can't grasp this topic was covered on this site way back in 2012. The simple minded have a poor memory and poor reading comprehension. The simple minded remain simple minded: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...no-comparisons

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast