Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Stock M6 competition package w Gruppe m intake Vbox 1/4 mile results 11.83 @128.3!

Finally tried a 1/4 mile run in my 0 slope test location due to the great air today . Temp was 39 degrees , DA was -1900! . Couldn't hook a launch but 4.3 0-60 isn't horrible given the conditions and the 1/8 and quarter mile results speak for themselves ! 60-130 was 8.09 too!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    128 seems a bit high for a stock m6 no? The mags have been getting 123 with the competition package and ceramic brakes. What are you using to measure this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    O just saw your title that said vbox. Is this the new vbox sport ?? If so that's legit very impressed !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep I'm using the 20hz Vbox sport and had 0 slope . I do have the Gruppe M intake and I have CCB's as well as the CP. The car is very strong 8.09 60-130 is moving . Hell the 60-130 on this run from standstill which is always worse was still 8.2 . I definetly had great air , it was a -1900 foot DA. I think she will be a 7 sec 60-130 car when I install my Supersprint catted DP's in a couple weeks .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are my 60-130 runs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    Yep I'm using the 20hz Vbox sport and had 0 slope . I do have the Gruppe M intake and I have CCB's as well as the CP. The car is very strong 8.09 60-130 is moving . Hell the 60-130 on this run from standstill which is always worse was still 8.2 . I definetly had great air , it was a -1900 foot DA. I think she will be a 7 sec 60-130 car when I install my Supersprint catted DP's in a couple weeks .
    Wow thats flying !!!! I just got my vbox need to take it out for a few runs ... Negative DA is a big plus but dont think all the records people posting up arent negative DA as well so its fair. Where are you located? Once you get those downpipes on and a real tune like Eurocharged or Evolved you will be well into the 7's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow and 0 slope as well? I think you can hit 7's the way the car is now find a nice slight downhill slope of nomore than 3% and you got it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Wow thats flying !!!! I just got my vbox need to take it out for a few runs ... Negative DA is a big plus but dont think all the records people posting up arent negative DA as well so its fair. Where are you located? Once you get those downpipes on and a real tune like Eurocharged or Evolved you will be well into the 7's
    I'm in Charleston SC so I'm so low I'm essentially under water Click here to enlarge. I'm not messing with any tune that is based of an older file than the one in my car . If a real tune comes out that involves full control of the ECU I'll be first in line . The Evolve tune seems legit , but I'm not convinced that my car might be no faster with a "press tune ". I'd love to see peoples 60-130 data with and without tunes . Until I see proof I'm going to be happy with the CP tune . ( dyno's are for show )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    128 seems a bit high for a stock m6 no? The mags have been getting 123 with the competition package and ceramic brakes. What are you using to measure this?
    Exactly. These things tend to read a bit high.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. These things tend to read a bit high.
    Actually, most car magazines use the same/very similar equipment. The difference is likely due to the weather and the weather correction that most magazines do to the acceleration data. The OP mentioned that the conditions were -1900 DA. A car magazine that weather corrects its data (using either SAE J607 or SAE1349) would likely add time and reduce the trap speed because the conditions were too favorable on the OP's run. For instance if the theoretical "ideal" condition spit out a 2% adjustment (although they do it terms of 100%, so it would show as 102%), the acceleration times would add back a 2% adjustment and correct an 11.83 ET to 12.07...and the trap speed would go from a 128.3mph down to a 125.7mph. I am using the 2% adjustment as just an example, but you would need to plug the temp, humidity, barometric pressure...etc into a calculator to figure out the correction factor. The OP also has the Competition Package tune, which we haven't really seen too many road tests with it. I suspect the only US test by Motor Trend also was running CA's "finest" 91 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tom C Click here to enlarge
    Actually, most car magazines use the same/very similar equipment.
    Who said they didn't? They still read high compared to a drag strip. 130 on a timeslip and 130 on a Vbox are different things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who said they didn't? They still read high compared to a drag strip. 130 on a timeslip and 130 on a Vbox are different things.
    I think I have written about this a couple of times on here....okay once again.... the vbox is GPS based and gives you the "exact" speed at 1,320'.... the 1/4 mile drag strips use timing lights 66' from the 1/4 mile mark...once you trip the first light it starts a timer that stops when the car passes the 1/4 mile timing lights...the timing system then calculates your AVERAGE speed it took to go the final 66'. Unless you stop accelerating over that final 66'...your AVERAGE speed will be less than your GPS speed at the actual 1/4 mile mark. So you really shouldn't compare 1/4 mile drag slip times with a GPS derived time unless you factor in how each arrives at the trap speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think I have written about this a couple of times on here....okay once again.... the vbox is GPS based and gives you the "exact" speed at 1,320'.... the 1/4 mile drag strips use timing lights 66' from the 1/4 mile mark...once you trip the first light it starts a timer that stops when the car passes the 1/4 mile timing lights...
    And this results in a higher trap speed on the Vbox than on the drag strip. I'm not sure why you're telling me what I already know.

Once again, a trap speed on a timeslip is different and the boxes read higher.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And this results in a higher trap speed on the Vbox than on the drag strip. I'm not sure why you're telling me what I already know.

Once again, a trap speed on a timeslip is different and the boxes read higher.
    Go back and read your own quote:

ezec63 said: "128 seems a bit high for a stock M6, no? The magazines have been getting 123 with competition package and ceramic breaks. what are using to measure this?

Your response: "Exactly. These things tend to read a bit high"

So, your response is that the vbox tends to read high...even though the vbox is what the magazines use....there was no mention of drag strip timeslips...just the OP's vbox time which Ezec63 compared to a vbox derived magazine times. That is why I went throught the whole weather/weather correction. Then YOU brought up drag slip timeslips. Do you understand now how we got here? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Go back and read your own quote:

ezec63 said: "128 seems a bit high for a stock M6, no? The magazines have been getting 123 with competition package and ceramic breaks. what are using to measure this?

Your response: "Exactly. These things tend to read a bit high"

So, your response is that the vbox tends to read high...even though the vbox is what the magazines use....there was no mention of drag strip timeslips...just the OP's vbox time which Ezec63 compared to a vbox derived magazine times. That is why I went throught the whole weather/weather correction. Then YOU brought up drag slip timeslips. Do you understand now how we got here? Click here to enlarge
    Magazines don't always use a Vbox. Some do hit the strip. I pointed to the magazines as an area of reference and 128 is way high compared to the average of numbers hit for the M6. Even if a magazine used a Vbox and hit 123 that still points to 128 being high for an M6 which it is.

So no, I don't understand how we got here as I never asked for an explanation on timing lights versus GPS which everyone here already understands and is common knowledge. This isn't a forum filled with performance n00bs. I feel like you typed to see yourself type.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Magazines don't always use a Vbox. Some do hit the strip. I pointed to the magazines as an area of reference and 128 is way high compared to the average of numbers hit for the M6. Even if a magazine used a Vbox and hit 123 that still points to 128 being high for an M6 which it is.

So no, I don't understand how we got here as I never asked for an explanation on timing lights versus GPS which everyone here already understands and is common knowledge. This isn't a forum filled with performance n00bs. I feel like you typed to see yourself type.
    Very nice...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here are some of my first runs with SS catted DP's installed after 100 miles , still stock tune, stock wheels tires and pressures. The car is definitely needing to adapt to the higher flow as 4th gear power feels off from previous runs . It feels much better now so I will try to get more data soon .The most impressive improvement was in the 0-100 and 0-130 times. 7.6 0-100 and 12.58 0-130 is moving despite the problems in 4th gear and major wheel spin in 1st. Again 0 elevation with a worse DA over my previous run -700 feet. I'm just trying to provide useful data after each of my mods in the same location and very similar conditions every time. I hope people find it useful and don't fight over strip vs GPS minutia. It ran 11.6 multiple times consecutively without using launch control . The quicker turbo spool has really added the non launch control standing start, and added quite a bit of punch in the low-midrange. Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd love to see you hit the drag strip!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nothing good in the Charleston area unfortunately, and the closest good strip is Zmax which is closed for the winter. Darlington's prep is usually so bad i almost lost it in my old GTR so don't know how useful that would be. I'll def hit Zmax in Charlotte when it opens back up though. I'm just amazed at the top end on this thing, to hit 100 in 7.6 sec despite a 4.0 sec 0-60 is very very impressive , and the 8.09 sec 60-130 is good too. I think it will be in the 7's 60-130 with the DP's now as i am sure they have added at least .2 sec worth of acc. I just wish more people would post M5 and M6 CP data both with Vbox and the strip. I think its capable if I get a good launch of matching the tuned cars ET's and coming close to their traps as well. ET's will obviously correlate very closely between the Vbox and the strip but I'm not going to predict anything trap wise except it will be + to or over 125. This is the fastest car on the top end I've ever owned and i'm counting my full bolt on E63 M6 that did 8.2 60-130 in that mix and my Stage 2 Cobb GTR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd love to see you hit the drag strip!
    Sticky given the 60-130 time and the GPS data , what do you think it will trap on street tires. I'm not expecting to get a much better ET as wheel spin will def by the limiting factor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmd2003 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky given the 60-130 time and the GPS data , what do you think it will trap on street tires. I'm not expecting to get a much better ET as wheel spin will def by the limiting factor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tbh I think I'd much rather have a supercharged S65 M6.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As it was stock I agree, but i think now that it has adapted to the DP's it will be 126.x , assuming my wheel spin isn't so great as to effect my trap as well. It is running much stronger after 300 miles on the new DP's.I'll obviously have new 60-130 numbers and 1/4 GPS numbers before i make it to the strip so we will see the difference of a good catted DP all else being equal . I just wish a real tune would come out all ready .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwtek Click here to enlarge
    Tbh I think I'd much rather have a supercharged S65 M6.
    Don't you mean S85?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Having owned a E92 Procede 335i, FBO E92 M3, a ESS 525 Z4M (track car), A FBO E63 M6, and now the F13 M6 CP, this is my favorite car I have ever driven. The total package of performance/ looks/luxury/technology makes it a perfect daily driver. The rear end of the car stock communicates what it is doing when you lose traction much better than my 2008 DCT E92 M3 and is more fun to drive at the limit. The Z4M with solid bushings and coilovers is a scapel but is an analog brute of a chassis vs the refined chassis of the F13 , its a perfect garage to have depending on my mood Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast