Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'd say $#@! the dealership and not do anything. It will cost them more than 1k to get a lawyer to do anything for them esp for something so small when they $#@!ed up. What can they honestly do? Get the cops to arrest you? lol
    Well if I had the title already then that's exactly what I'd do! I almost feel like waiting a few weeks before committing to anything and see if it shows up in the mail. They didn't realize they $#@!ed up until 10 days after purchasing the car so I'd like to believe the title paperwork had already been submitted and hopefully on its way to me.

Also no idea why anyone negged you....I tried sending you a + and said must spread rep. So I did to like 9-10 people and came back to rep you and said no more votes today, lol. So I'll get you tomorrow.

If anyone here knows, say I let them take me to court, and they win. Would they ever be able to repo the car? Would I be responsible for their court costs, lawyer fees?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Guys I am really surprised at the response by most of you, if the dealership accidentally charged his credit card too much money you would all expect them to give the money back. A contract for a car is very cut and dry, so if the contract says the customer owes 10,000 and the dealer collects 11,000 the money would have to be refunded. In this case the customer paid too little and the money should be paid as contracted.

OP we all do respect I know your saying you didn't know the price but there are about 5 other documents that you signed that clearly show the price. Before you ever went into finance there would have been a buyers order or purchase agreement that show the price, along with the contract you posted there should be a bill of sale and retail certificate of sale that all show the price of the car. So for your transaction to go this far and you say you didnt know the price is hard to believe. At the end of your transaction the dealership failed to collect the amount of money you owed and now you dont want to pay what your signature says you agreed. That more seems like your trying to "get over" than being "ripped off" to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On another note how was the deal negotiated? Since you are far from them was it via phone or email? The email should have the negotiated price shouldn't it? I can't imagine you would go all the way there until you already knew the price. If the price was negotiated in person there should be some kind of "guest sheet, or quote sheet" with the prices.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    On another note how was the deal negotiated? Since you are far from them was it via phone or email? The email should have the negotiated price shouldn't it? I can't imagine you would go all the way there until you already knew the price. If the price was negotiated in person there should be some kind of "guest sheet, or quote sheet" with the prices.
    The listing price of the car was 21,999 from the ad on autotrader but they lowered the price to 21,500 I believe during negotiations. But there was no set deal via email or phone seeing as I had to bring my trade in and get a trade in value. Out of all the documents I signed the only one that had the total price of the car was the contract I posted already. Which they never had me initial or sign my name next to.

As far as the purchase agreement it may have had the total price but they never once pointed it out. All they were showing me was what I would owe after my trade in, not my trade in and deposit. Which was the $10,500. Just simple misdirection, look over here, but not here.

I am not trying to screw them over in the least bit. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Had they told me in the finance room that for the car to be legally mine I needed to pay another $1000 I would not have done the deal. So I feel like I was duped into thinking I was purchasing a vehicle 100% when in reality I only payed for 95% of the car. But I admit I signed the contract, even though they made the mistake I'm the one responsible for their error.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand what you saying but the finance office is not the point where the deal is negotiated, the price and trade values are determined way before that. And if your theory is correct that you were being duped dont you think they would make it a point to collect the money??

So again your saying the price was discussed before you went there but not the trade, if you know the price and knew your trade value once you got there and you agree to both everything else is just math after that and you owe what you owe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    everything else aside, it's all been dealt with i think...

i'm not 100% on your credit system, but i'm going to assume they **COULD** send the $1000 to a collections agency should you refuse payment... and shred your credit score

just saying, that's a HUGE negative there.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What kind of shape was the 335 in, you should have sold that privately. That's brutal, 12k trade in value
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I'll most likely just take the deal to split the difference.
    I think this is the wisest course of action.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i agree

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    What kind of shape was the 335 in, you should have sold that privately. That's brutal, 12k trade in value
    It had 83k miles, needed tires, paint on the roof and front bumper was kinda $#@!ed. It bb'd for 15k in good condition, which I think it was. The dealer offered me 11k when I first got there and I got up to leave... They were complaining cause of the tires , IS exhaust, miles they couldn't sell it on the lot and would just auction it. I also was under the impression I would be saving money on taxes trading it in versus selling private party, which turned out to be wrong. In hind site I should have just left, nothing I can do about it now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It had 83k miles, needed tires, paint on the roof and front bumper was kinda $#@!ed. It bb'd for 15k in good condition, which I think it was. The dealer offered me 11k when I first got there and I got up to leave... They were complaining cause of the tires , IS exhaust, miles they couldn't sell it on the lot and would just auction it. I also was under the impression I would be saving money on taxes trading it in versus selling private party, which turned out to be wrong. In hind site I should have just left, nothing I can do about it now.
    damn, thats rough... best of luck with everything... id split the difference and request a few free oil changed or something
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just so you guys can see I'm not in the minority here when it comes to having problems with this dealerClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

That's only going through about 20 of there 224 reviews. They don't have a 2 star rating for no reason...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've taken it upon myself to contact "Jennifer T" and console her...

alerClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^ Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well good news! My dad and I did a job for a friend of his for the last 20+ years that just so happens to be a lawyer last monday. I explained to him what happened, and he offered to write the dealer a letter. Originally he said he was just going to ask in the letter for clarification of the deal and what the dealers side of the story was. Then he left my dad a message this morning saying dealer is no longer perusing any funds and title should be shipped.

Only thing that still has me a little pissed is in my DUE BILL the dealer and I signed it said I was to ship them my stock mufflers and they would ship me the 335is mufflers that were on the car. Well I have held my end of the bargain up but haven't received them from the dealer. About a week ago my girlfriend on her way home saw my old car same color same interior same black exhaust with the tips sticking out. Could have been a coincidence, but my old car was deep green, with, lemon interior. So I doubt there's more than 5 e90s out there with that same color/interior AND to have the same exhaust I had...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then he left my dad a message this morning saying dealer is no longer perusing any funds and title should be shipped.
    Excellent. Lawyers change everything as they weren't going to fight for this amount of money.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Excellent. Lawyers change everything they weren't going to fight for this amount of money.
    Exactly what I was saying...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123