Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    If your paperwork matches what you paid, tell them to f themselves, you just got a free $1000. It's their mistake. I wouldn't sweat it
    This.

If it was $1000 in their favor and you were asking for it back they would sooner sell your first born into slavery than give it back to you.

$#@! these dealers that make mistakes and then want you to bail them out for their own screw up. It's on them. Read over your papers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Keep me posted. If they try to screw you guess what the next BB front page article is going to be?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Keep me posted. If they try to screw you guess what the next BB front page article is going to be?

Thanks sticky! Nice to know BB and its members have my back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You still haven't told us if you reviewed your paperwork. Did you reread your paperwork and figure out who owes who? Either way, just keep saying you want your old car and money back if they insist. If it's a 5 hour drive one way, it would cost them $1000 just to deliver your car and may just decide to eat it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I wish it was only $10,500! That's what I paid after my trade in.

Not sure on the vanity light. Must be part of the premium package in the good ol us of a.
    ahh good, that was just plain unfair hahaha

hmm.. yeah i guess, you guys sure love your packaged addons

here, sports 'pack' was standard, and everything is an individual option.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mnm71 Click here to enlarge
    You still haven't told us if you reviewed your paperwork. Did you reread your paperwork and figure out who owes who? Either way, just keep saying you want your old car and money back if they insist. If it's a 5 hour drive one way, it would cost them $1000 just to deliver your car and may just decide to eat it.
    I've looked it over and had another member check it out. Basically it says I paid them 23,500 when in reality they only got $22,500. They have you initial all these areas but kindly forgot to have me initial the part that shows the total amount of the car, and under down payment that said $13,000. I was under the impression the sale price was $22500 and my deposit, which was my trade in was $12000. Had I seen those I would have caught there own mistake for them and wouldn't have bought the car as the deal the salesman lead me to believe we were making was $1000 more than I was willing to spend.

I'll admit I should have looked closer at the contract but what the salesman and I agreed upon was I would pay $10500 plus my trade. Between my deposit, check and cash that's what I gave them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

I've looked it over and had another member check it out. Basically it says I paid them 23,500 when in reality they only got $22,500. They have you initial all these areas but kindly forgot to have me initial the part that shows the total amount of the car, and under down payment that said $13,000. I was under the impression the sale price was $22500 and my deposit, which was my trade in was $12000. Had I seen those I would have caught there own mistake for them and wouldn't have bought the car as the deal the salesman lead me to believe we were making was $1000 more than I was willing to spend.

I'll admit I should have looked closer at the contract but what the salesman and I agreed upon was I would pay $10500 plus my trade. Between my deposit, check and cash that's what I gave them.
    Bold should say down payment not deposit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well if it says you paid them 23500, then you paid them 23500. You've got the paperwork to prove it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

No word back from ANYONE at the dealership today...Hopefully no news is good news

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Just got a call from the dealership finance director.....looks like bimmerboost will have a new front page article in the next week or so. At work now will fill in the details later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Just got a call from the dealership finance director.....looks like bimmerboost will have a new front page article in the next week or so. At work now will fill in the details later.
    Fill us in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Fill us in.

Okay so basically the finance director calls me and says they made an "honest" mistake but I signed a contract and they are going to withhold the title until I pay them. She said she could try and talk to the GM and see if he will allow me to pay them $500 with no interest over a next few months, she mentioned $100 a month because they ONLY have $460 in profit on the deal and they CAN'T loose money...This is the largest BMW dealer in the western united states and they made a mistake but can't afford to loose $540!!! She keep saying on the contract it says I owe them another $1000, I didn't have it in front of me when she called but told her I thought it said I paid them $23,500. She said no...She then went on to say that it sound like I'm not going to pay them anything and she can just start the legal paperwork now! So I reply wouldn't you rather loose $540 and keep me happy then loose several potential sales when I go public and tell everyone what you did. She quickly replies "Don't threaten me Mr. XXXXX"

Just $#@!ing ridiculous. So I'm going to look over the contract again, and possibly have a lawyer look into it on Monday.

I told her just take the car back, give me my money and trade in back and we can part ways. According to her my car is already gone. Which is most likely BS. I had to send them back my stock muffles and they are supposed to return my IS mufflers to me, which is in writing but doesn't mean $#@! with these guys. I shipped them and they were delivered on Monday which was a holiday, so I doubt they had time to remove them Tuesday install them and sell the car, but who knows.

I just looked up the dealer on Yelp, should have done it before hand but then again I was buying a car not going to a restaurant. They have 2 stars, lol. You live and you learn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Post the contract and we can have a better idea of where you stand. I'm not going to write up anything if you're in the wrong legally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

If there's any other papers you guys need to see let me know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I would speak to the GM sounds like the finance dept is trying to cover their ass for their mistake. If I were you it would be very hard to keep calm in your situation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

@nafoo can you help a brother out by taking a glance?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I can't really see the pictures on my phone right now, but I read this thread last night and my thought was that there's a binding contract that states how much the car was supposed to be sold for. If the dealer wanted to take it to court, they would eventually win if you didn't pay the contracted price. The real question is whether or not the hassle of a lawsuit is worth the $1000.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

So line 5 says the subtotal is 23500, which is confusing because this subtotal includes tax, but that is besides the point, and the price of the car is 23500.

Section 6 is the down payment. Your trade in on your 2008 was 12000. Then on line 6G there is a cash payment of 1000. I am assuming this is the deposit. The total of section 6 is 13000.

The balance after the down payment is 10500.

In addition to the 1000 you paid for a deposit, which looks to be line 6G, you paid 9500 with cash and a check.

So it looks to me you still owe 1000. Sorry, man.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Fack....
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    So line 5 says the subtotal is 23500, which is confusing because this subtotal includes tax, but that is besides the point, and the price of the car is 23500.

Section 6 is the down payment. Your trade in on your 2008 was 12000. Then on line 6G there is a cash payment of 1000. I am assuming this is the deposit. The total of section 6 is 13000.

The balance after the down payment is 10500.

In addition to the 1000 you paid for a deposit, which looks to be line 6G, you paid 9500 with cash and a check.

So it looks to me you still owe 1000. Sorry, man.
    I agree with you its just two things that don't sit well with me:

1. The salesman lied to me, I know shocker right! A car salesman lied... that after my trade in I would owe $10,500. Never once was it shown, mentioned, implied, ect. that my deposit had already been taken into account.

2. I specifically asked the Finance guy when he asked for the remaining $10,500. "How does it work since I already had a deposit of $1000." He looks at his computer, verifies that I have $1000 deposit and says, "okay, then all I need you from is $9500.

So because the salesman lied and the finance guy is incompetent I have to bail the dealer out. If my only option is to agree to the $500 split the difference deal than its better than the full grand but you can bet I'll be pulling a Larry Flynt and mailing in my payments of loose penny's, nickles, and dimes, lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I agree with you its just two things that don't sit well with me:

1. The salesman lied to me, I know shocker right! A car salesman lied... that after my trade in I would owe $10,500. Never once was it shown, mentioned, implied, ect. that my deposit had already been taken into account.

2. I specifically asked the Finance guy when he asked for the remaining $10,500. "How does it work since I already had a deposit of $1000." He looks at his computer, verifies that I have $1000 deposit and says, "okay, then all I need you from is $9500.

So because the salesman lied and the finance guy is incompetent I have to bail the dealer out. If my only option is to agree to the $500 split the difference deal than its better than the full grand but you can bet I'll be pulling a Larry Flynt and mailing in my payments of loose penny's, nickles, and dimes, lol.
    I'm not saying its fair and I'm not an expert in contract law but if you sign the contract, and the terms are different than what was verbally communicated, I think the signed legal document takes precedence. That's why you have to be acutely aware of the implications of signing your name on the dotted line.

It is confusing a bit because they consider your trade in a down payment, which I suppose it could be considered but that's not how you refer to it. You don't say you went to the car dealership and put a down payment on a car with a trade it. Its also strange how they lump the deposit into the same category, and again I can understand how a deposit would be a down payment, but a deposit is a special kind of payment meant to hold something for you. As if giving them your old car wasn't enough.

In the end you are bound by the contract and unless you can prove they intentionally tried to deceive you, I can't see you having any luck with getting a lawyer. Its probably better to work something out with the dealership at this point.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'd say $#@! the dealership and not do anything. It will cost them more than 1k to get a lawyer to do anything for them esp for something so small when they $#@!ed up. What can they honestly do? Get the cops to arrest you? lol
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I don't get it... Did i say something offending?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I'm not saying its fair and I'm not an expert in contract law but if you sign the contract, and the terms are different than what was verbally communicated, I think the signed legal document takes precedence. That's why you have to be acutely aware of the implications of signing your name on the dotted line.

It is confusing a bit because they consider your trade in a down payment, which I suppose it could be considered but that's not how you refer to it. You don't say you went to the car dealership and put a down payment on a car with a trade it. Its also strange how they lump the deposit into the same category, and again I can understand how a deposit would be a down payment, but a deposit is a special kind of payment meant to hold something for you. As if giving them your old car wasn't enough.

In the end you are bound by the contract and unless you can prove they intentionally tried to deceive you, I can't see you having any luck with getting a lawyer. Its probably better to work something out with the dealership at this point.
    I have no doubt what ever I signed on the contract will hold up in court. And from now on whenever I purchase a vehicle you can guarantee I'll be checking the contract much more closely!

I'll most likely just take the deal to split the difference.

Thanks for the advice

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast