Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

BB flash questions..

how to increase speed limit (speed limit defeat) by BB flash, or should i buy the wires at BMS site?

if i load the pump gas map, can i run map7 with race fuel, or should i reload the original oem flash?

can i skip the annoying step (read the original map), just load the pump gas map without reading the oem flash?

can i load the maps in the download section by cobb device?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The speed limit defeat I don't know as I have not done this myself. I believe if you use a standard COBB map it will remove the limiter automatically.

If you load the pump gas map it is recommended that you only run pump gas as the fuel trims etc are written in a specific way for that specific octane. If you want to run Map 7, fill up with a high E85 mixture/Meth/Race fuel or a mixture of all three, then load the E85 Flash or the Race flash.

I use the COBB device to load my flashes however, from experience you cannot use the maps on the download section on this site in conjunction with the COBB unit. You have to have the cable and a laptop with the specific software to use them.

This is just coming from personal experience. I'm sure there is someone else out there that knows way more on this than I do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliforniaBred Click here to enlarge
    The speed limit defeat I don't know as I have not done this myself. I believe if you use a standard COBB map it will remove the limiter automatically.

If you load the pump gas map it is recommended that you only run pump gas as the fuel trims etc are written in a specific way for that specific octane. If you want to run Map 7, fill up with a high E85 mixture/Meth/Race fuel or a mixture of all three, then load the E85 Flash or the Race flash.

I use the COBB device to load my flashes however, from experience you cannot use the maps on the download section on this site in conjunction with the COBB unit. You have to have the cable and a laptop with the specific software to use them.

This is just coming from personal experience. I'm sure there is someone else out there that knows way more on this than I do.
    can i skip the annoying step (read the original map), just load the pump gas map without reading the oem flash?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Sure you can skip the securing of your original DME software.
    If you like to live dangerously and have no backup whatsoever, nobody is stopping you from just slamming whatever software on your DME and go from there.
    How to revert to OEM when things go south will be completely your challenge if you have no backup.
    So, yes, you can skip making a backup of the OEM software on the DME.
    And no, you really should not skip this step...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I agree completely with the post above. It is always a good idea to have some sort of fail safe. In this case it being a backup copy of your original DME software. What's an extra few minutes to do it right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I agree completely with the post above. It is always a good idea to have some sort of fail safe. In this case it being a backup copy of your original DME software. What's an extra few minutes to do it right?
    takes an hour or so LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    takes an hour or so LOL
    that's why i want to skip it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    that's why i want to skip it Click here to enlarge
    haha, do it the right way. You'll thank yourself if anything happens.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

trollollololol my bad. Well, any way you look at it might as well be safe than sorry with something as easy as this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Sure you can skip the securing of your original DME software.
    If you like to live dangerously and have no backup whatsoever, nobody is stopping you from just slamming whatever software on your DME and go from there.
    How to revert to OEM when things go south will be completely your challenge if you have no backup.
    So, yes, you can skip making a backup of the OEM software on the DME.
    And no, you really should not skip this step...
    @DavidV is right, DO NOT skip the step of backing up your stock DME software. You are just asking for trouble if you do.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

trollollololol my bad. Well, any way you look at it might as well be safe than sorry with something as easy as this.
    hahah, yea that's the only reason why people would want to skip it. It's a long process if you haven't done it once yet. after the first time it's fast.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    hahah, yea that's the only reason why people would want to skip it. It's a long process if you haven't done it once yet. after the first time it's fast.

Ah, touche' touche'. I'm stuck using he COBB unit for my back end flashes so I don't have that much real world experience with the other method.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am new with flash, I don't know which file I should use to flash, I have a 135i 09 jb4 stage3 always using map 5.
    In the BimmerBoost software show me the Software OIJC0S, and in the bavariantechnic software show me the ModuleID MSD80.
    someone help me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kaleo Click here to enlarge
    I am new with flash, I don't know which file I should use to flash, I have a 135i 09 jb4 stage3 always using map 5.
    In the BimmerBoost software show me the Software OIJC0S, and in the bavariantechnic software show me the ModuleID MSD80.
    someone help me?
    http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20563

all you need to know about BB flash

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, I have this link, I already did the backup and save my org file.
    In the link have IJE0S.xdf and I8A0S.xdf and many .bin files. I am crazy here heheeh
    I live in Brazil and there is no guy here that did this before.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kaleo Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, I have this link, I already did the backup and save my org file.
    In the link have IJE0S.xdf and I8A0S.xdf and many .bin files. I am crazy here heheeh
    I live in Brazil and there is no guy here that did this before.
    I'm not a jb4 "guy" but i would think you need the pump gas AT IJEOS tune from Terry.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge