Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Help: Lag... And more Lag in my car

Hi. I have a 335i N54 sice 4 year and always with the **** LAG. The car havent full boost untill 3500 rpm (2-3 gears) and 3000 (4-5). I have quest and tryind all but in europe, BMW dont do nothing!!!

When I seen the BB flash I thought that this time I can fix it.... But not. Look the pictures, there are more LAG! Click here to enlarge.

Can anyone help me??? Maybe with any flash or adjust, I dont knock...

Regards.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Not sure what you're complaining about. On my ProTune Map, car starts to come on boost ~3k RPMs, hits peak boost ~3500 RPMs, and start reducing boost after 5500 RPMs
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Benzy89, Logs are done in 4 gear. Another 335s that I have drive, are full boost at 2000-2500 rpm...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Log one is a lil slow on the spool

Log two is normal

BUT.... looks too aggressive. Mayhap you are on 82oct? try to drop le boost or use better gas? you are running 17ish psi a lil too close to 6K rpm for stock frames to hold up. Sources i blew mine up at around 17/18psi at 6K rpm anyway yea add octane and re log or go to like map 2 or email the CSV to terry@burgermotorsports.com
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I run with 93Oct Shell, 16,5 psi with JB4 G5 ISO, DPs and DCI. I have many friends that her cars boost is full at 2000-2500 rpm, various cars... I have logs in PC.

There are a problem and with BB flashes is higher... Then I thinck that too it can to be lower, the lag...

Thanks guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

it's normal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    it's normal
    What is normal? Lag?

If you look another logs, a 2000-6000 log in 4 gear, you will see that you have full boost over 2500 rpm, not 3200 of second or 3600 of first photos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Log of car without lag...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

dem timing corrections doe
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Earlier firmwares were balls out on spool, the newer algorithm puts in less boost down low from my experience. I like the old setup better myself although the new stuff is smoother. I also got better economy on the old firmware since the new ones boost as soon as you touch the pedal. Try ISO19 with the appropriate settings reset. Also you're timing looks like $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you're complaining about. On my ProTune Map, car starts to come on boost ~3k RPMs, hits peak boost ~3500 RPMs, and start reducing boost after 5500 RPMs
    really?

stock turbos you should start making boost before 2000, and be full boost by ~3000 (for say 18psi), coming on boost at 3k is wwaaaaaaay too late.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The timing curve looks pretty bad there. If you need tuning advice definitely post a CSV log in the n54tech support section. When looking at "lag" you'd want to study boost vs. target vs. PWM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    really?

stock turbos you should start making boost before 2000, and be full boost by ~3000 (for say 18psi), coming on boost at 3k is wwaaaaaaay too late.
    Let me rephrase that, boost beyond the OEM ~8psi.... I'm also looking at full gear pulls in 3rd/4th, so in 1st/2nd boost should come on earlier since the car will be able to accelerate through the RPMs faster

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Starting at 1200 rpm in 3rd gear, I reach 16psi at 2500rpm. JB4 iso, no flash.
    Last edited by Jewber; 11-10-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: none of your business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Let me rephrase that, boost beyond the OEM ~8psi.... I'm also looking at full gear pulls in 3rd/4th, so in 1st/2nd boost should come on earlier since the car will be able to accelerate through the RPMs faster
    yes, you should be even 18psi by ~2850rpm from the logs i've seen at raised boost levels

1st and 2nd will come on later on most turbo setups (i know big singles at least) due to the load not being able to spool the turbos up properly in the short timeframe... on the stock twins though, i wouldn't expect more than a couple hundred rpm difference either way lol, so say 3000-3200rpm in a 1st/2nd log worst case :/
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Word, I haven't seen my car in a week so I've nearly forgot what it's like to drive.... Hopefully have it back Wednesday

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Word, I haven't seen my car in a week so I've nearly forgot what it's like to drive.... Hopefully have it back Wednesday
    Do you run a Jb4 or flash only? The boost control is very different. You will build boost at lower rpm in higher gears since the turbos have to spool less quickly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    Do you run a Jb4 or flash only? The boost control is very different. You will build boost at lower rpm in higher gears since the turbos have to spool less quickly.
    Strict flash, very happy with the drivability & power so really no interest in giving stacking a chance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Strict flash, very happy with the drivability & power so really no interest in giving stacking a chance.
    That would probably explain the slower spool if you are having it since the boost control isn't isolated.