Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 108

Thread: c-pe TT??

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    657
    Rep Points
    743.6
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Still cheap in comparison to what many spend on Supra's or GTR's and still not necessarily see even 900hp, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if once there are big name options to do stuff you actually don't see an increase in higher hp N54's. Look at the 2JZ and how many Titan motors you see in that platform...ever look up prices for Titan parts?

    http://www.titanmotorsports.com/tmss5furacyh.html not gonna lie that's a lotta head for $15k
    That's a bit extreme. I guess we will have to wait to see the full details of the kit but for 17K this kit would have to be huge 800-1000whp type numbers and include the proper supporting mods. I just don't see that happening at this point (I hope im wrong, but I doubt it) Either way it looks like a nice kit.. I just hope its priced to sell!
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SoCal (OC/Riverside)
    Posts
    510
    Rep Points
    466.4
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    normally i would agree, but it was a vendors car featured.. that happened to have hardware of a non vendor..

    so no one can post things if the hardware is from a non-vendor? see what we're saying..

    there's no "fair" treatment when he jumped somewhere else and stuck his nose in and had a thread from the other vendors car closed, where the "fairness" in that


    but oh yes, the slope is mighty slippery and pretty sure a cliff is coming up
    Well now that I look at things a step back, I agree with everything in your last post...makes more sense


    Back on topic...Can't wait to see more information, specs, and official pricing on this cp-e kit...Been waiting what feels like years for this thing to debut...Just sitting here imaging what a built motor with this kit would do...With Vargas and this kit 2014 should be pretty interesting for the N54 TT market...
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    433.2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    The mazdaspeed3 kit they released is $6k, so you'd think the n54 tt kit would be ~$12k having twice as many parts. This better have supporting mods, like an upgraded hpfp considering they're the "direct injection specialists" Click here to enlarge
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland TN
    Posts
    543
    Rep Points
    555.1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    That's a bit extreme. I guess we will have to wait to see the full details of the kit but for 17K this kit would have to be huge 800-1000whp type numbers and include the proper supporting mods. I just don't see that happening at this point (I hope im wrong, but I doubt it) Either way it looks like a nice kit.. I just hope its priced to sell!
    That's absurd money for a head job. That kind of head isn't even required until you are running low 7's or faster. I would imagine that only sponsor money gets used to buy that setup.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Completely have to agree with this 110% I emailed sticky the other day to ask him about possibly closing the stage 2 thread so I could open a new one with the shipping updates as it was getting out of hand, my email was never returned, but today CP-e wants their thread edited to protect them and its done right away? So do all the vendors get this blessing bestowed upon them? Because if so I have a list of edits I would like to have made. I totally applaud you for making FFTEC accountable to either get vendor status or stop pushing their wares in here, but it also has to be an even playing field for all paying vendors.
    You're another person I can't rep.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    That's absurd money for a head job. That kind of head isn't even required until you are running low 7's or faster. I would imagine that only sponsor money gets used to buy that setup.
    I think the going rate for head is like a hundred bucks isn't it?

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,212
    Rep Points
    1,811.1
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nitehawk Click here to enlarge
    The mazdaspeed3 kit they released is $6k, so you'd think the n54 tt kit would be ~$12k having twice as many parts. This better have supporting mods, like an upgraded hpfp considering they're the "direct injection specialists" Click here to enlarge
    This would be the real selling point behind this $17k N54 TT kit... If it included everything (turbos, manifolds, inlet piping, necessary hoses & lines), plus supporting mods like a HPFP setup that can keep up, revised intake manifold & charge piping, that works with any of the mainstream tune options, then maybe it justifies then price.

    I just don't see CPE doing an off the shelf turbo kit + forged internals at $17k tho.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,647.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Everyone complains about how much a blower is for the m3 but this 17k turbo upgrade is justifiable? c'mon guys....

    People are making single kits for a fraction of this cost. I'm sure its a bad rumor, if its not, like it said before, it won't sell.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,556.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I think the going rate for head is like a hundred bucks isn't it?
    That what I was thinking. I don't know if I could even handle $15K worth of head. I'm sure you reach a point of diminishing returns when you compare cost and quality.
    Eppur si muove.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    919
    Rep Points
    780.4
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Now, you see, have you ever seen Cobb or GIAC or any other of the respectable vendors request threads to be closed and posts to be edited? I sure as hell haven't.

    To all you $#@!ing vendors: Let your product and action speak for you!

    * If you can't make good products, you deserve to be crucified online
    * If you can't manufacture and ship them fast enough, shut up and get more people to help you
    * If your product is $#@!, try to improve it and try again

    I am sorry, but you are pitching to the consumers here. Yes, us BMW folks are very very picky and its hard to please us. But because vendors often hit us with the "BMW tax", we demand the best quality and the highest service from you.

    If you can't keep up, GTFO!

    @Sticky: We understand how these forums make you money from vendors. We are not stupid. Just don't turn this into E9O post by playing favorites with the vendors too much. The line is thin and the slope is very slippery.

    Back on topic:
    The hardware looks very good. It is expensive though and still nothing on the fueling side of things.
    Last edited by vasillalov; 11-07-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: spelling
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I think the going rate for head is like a hundred bucks isn't it?
    I think that's usually the understanding, just depends on the club
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    65.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    No price has been confirmed, trust me. Tomorrow we should know price.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Now, you see, have you ever seen Cobb or GIAC or any other of the respectable vendors request threads to be closed and posts to be edited? I sure as hell haven't.
    You honestly have no idea what takes place regarding requests from vendors. I do. EVERY SINGLE VENDOR has made a request at some point regarding information posted about their products. Not a single exception.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky: We understand how these forums make you money from vendors. We are not stupid. Just don't turn this into E9O post by playing favorites with the vendors too much. The line is thin and the slope is very slippery.
    Ya man it's totally E90post because a vendor says, "hey man we aren't quite done yet and want to a do a proper release so please don't allow information that can negatively impact a product launch stay up and skew potential customers before we have even had a chance to say anything." That's sooooo E90post.

    I visited CP-E and have a nice small interview that should answer all questions. Now everyone please shut up I'm too hungover for this.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    So, if Shiv became a paying vendor a year ago what would have happened during the single turbo misfire debacle? I'm sure he didn't want that talked about openly until a fix was developed, so would his vendor status have bought him freedom from discussion? Seriously, that is a very slippery slope to start down.
    There's a big difference between discussing problems with a product and information on a product that is not yet for sale. You guys don't seem to be getting it.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    Any new info on this? Did you have a chance to stop by there booth the show?
    Yes I did.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Completely have to agree with this 110% I emailed sticky the other day to ask him about possibly closing the stage 2 thread so I could open a new one with the shipping updates as it was getting out of hand, my email was never returned, but today CP-e wants their thread edited to protect them and its done right away? So do all the vendors get this blessing bestowed upon them? Because if so I have a list of edits I would like to have made. I totally applaud you for making FFTEC accountable to either get vendor status or stop pushing their wares in here, but it also has to be an even playing field for all paying vendors.
    Tony you know I'm at SEMA and I was just not available for an obvious reason. I don't think I got an e-mail from you but FFtec's advertising for free was ended as you were highlighting. I'm not sure what was unfair?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Wait a second...CP-E asked for info to be taken off? Wtf? If something gets leaked to the public too bad....this does not feel like the bimmerboost way....

    And what info was edited? Selling price? Someone mentioned around $17k?
    YO, LISTEN. I stopped by their booth and conducted a little interview so you guys could get the information DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE. No speculation, no complaining about blah blah blah, etc. Why not let the people actually making the product speak about it? Isn't accuracy the bimmerboost way?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    normally i would agree, but it was a vendors car featured.. that happened to have hardware of a non vendor..

    so no one can post things if the hardware is from a non-vendor? see what we're saying..

    there's no "fair" treatment when he jumped somewhere else and stuck his nose in and had a thread from the other vendors car closed, where the "fairness" in that


    but oh yes, the slope is mighty slippery and pretty sure a cliff is coming up
    There is no problem with discussing hardware. FFtec came in and started making commercial posts under a regular username. That would be the problem and it's very clear and easy to see that.

    Stop your melodramatic BS.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,826
    Rep Points
    -72.0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    That what I was thinking. I don't know if I could even handle $15K worth of head. I'm sure you reach a point of diminishing returns when you compare cost and quality.
    Pretty sure you could get some sort of VIP unlimited, head for life pass for 15k.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure you could get some sort of VIP unlimited, head for life pass for 15k.
    yeah, even in Vegas that gets you a couple bottles of the best Dom P or Cristal the club has.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    YO, LISTEN. I stopped by their booth and conducted a little interview so you guys could get the information DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE. No speculation, no complaining about blah blah blah, etc. Why not let the people actually making the product speak about it? Isn't accuracy the bimmerboost way?
    Sure, so where is this info?(<-- not being sarcastic about that)
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Sure, so where is this info?(<-- not being sarcastic about that)
    On an SD card directly in front of me. I now took the SD card and inserted it into my computer. I see the video, oh, there it is. So I just copy/pasted it onto my desktop. That is now where it will sit for a while. Why? Just because. How long it sits there depends on the responses in this thread. Hope you are having as much fun as I am with this.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    8.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Already saw it in person and spoke to Josh in great length so no hurry for me. Lol. J/k, I'm sure a lot of questions out there about this kit.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    On an SD card directly in front of me. I now took the SD card and inserted it into my computer. I see the video, oh, there it is. So I just copy/pasted it onto my desktop. That is now where it will sit for a while. Why? Just because. How long it sits there depends on the responses in this thread. Hope you are having as much fun as I am with this.
    That's fine. I'm sure CP-e won't have any issues releasing info to E90 to have it published in a timely and professional manner.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,213
    Rep Points
    9,337.8
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    94


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I was able to check the kit out today also. It's definitely a top notch setup. They are not looking to compete with FFTEC or Vargas with this setup and instead are focusing on a relatively low volume but higher end customer who is looking for twin packaging in an OEM quality kit starting at 700rw. The wastegates and turbos are water cooled, everything is cast and nicely done, etc.

    On price they have a lot of moving parts still to finalize and really can't commit to anything yet but I think they are shooting for the $10-$15k range. They understand the kit itself is just part of the equation and also have some pretty nice fuel hardware coming out along with it. It's not going to be for everyone but it's an exciting to see how much progress they've made.

    Feel free to copy this to the other site also. I read the thread over there and see the haters are in full force. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •