Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    No, the car was clearly done for show overall
    Soooo... what are we talking about?

but they also invested and took care of the performance side as well which you seemed to have skipped over
    No I didn't skip over it. I don't see a car prepped for the level of performance that makes the cage necessary. It's clearly there for show just like everything else. Like you need wide rear rubber on what is an xi to begin with right?

Are there dyno numbers or timeslips posted or just pictures of the car standing still?

instead of your misleading article...
    There's nothing misleading about it. This is garbage modding.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    The car has heavy ass wheels and airbags, and a front splitter. I'm the one who negged you, probably not the greatest idea to neg rep lol. but in all honesty, that car is setup like garbage
    Negged me? Didn't notice if you did...no notification...but air bags aren't going to add much weight, heavy wheels? Do you know the weight for fact? Not like it matters as they are clearly a show set of wheels and tires, nothing wrong with that, I don't use the same wheels and tires I drive around on at the track.....front splitter? And? How many guys have a front splitter or spoiler on their car? And they track it how often?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Negged me? Didn't notice if you did...no notification...but air bags aren't going to add much weight, heavy wheels? Do you know the weight for fact? Not like it matters as they are clearly a show set of wheels and tires, nothing wrong with that, I don't use the same wheels and tires I drive around on at the track.....front splitter? And? How many guys have a front splitter or spoiler on their car? And they track it how often?
    I was emphasizing the all show-no go theme of this cars mods. chill brah

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Would you care to share the performance numbers for this car please? Because the owner seems to prefer showing it standing still.

It's not a performance build. Stop with this nonsense.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Soooo... what are we talking about?

No I didn't skip over it. I don't see a car prepped for the level of performance that makes the cage necessary. It's clearly there for show just like everything else. Like you need wide rear rubber on what is an xi to begin with right?

Are there dyno numbers or timeslips posted or just pictures of the car standing still?

There's nothing misleading about it. This is garbage modding.
    Hey, not saying I would bag my bimmer, and I sure as hell wouldn't put those wheels and tires on it, but other than that the car looks great. I'm just disappointed that you didn't list all of the information on the car in your article for people to make their own opinions, instead you posted what you wanted and skewed it to try and trash up a car that is really not a bad concept at all. That's all I'm saying...

Take out the airbags for a nice KW coilover set, throw some track wheels and tires on it and you've got a pretty badass ride.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I was emphasizing the all show-no go theme of this cars mods. chill brah
    Sure, but that's the only point I'm making is Sticky's original post makes one think the car is bone stock under the hood when it clearly is not. Who's to say they won't track it and dyno it? They just finish it in time for SEMA which was? Oh yeah...this week...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Sure, but that's the only point I'm making is Sticky's original post makes one think the car is bone stock under the hood when it clearly is not. Who's to say they won't track it and dyno it? They just finish it in time for SEMA which was? Oh yeah...this week...
    I agree that for a sema car its not bad. I bet there are alot of garbage modded cars there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Hey, not saying I would bag my bimmer, and I sure as hell wouldn't put those wheels and tires on it, but other than that the car looks great. I'm just disappointed that you didn't list all of the information on the car in your article for people to make their own opinions, instead you posted what you wanted and skewed it to try and trash up a car that is really not a bad concept at all. That's all I'm saying...

Take out the airbags for a nice KW coilover set, throw some track wheels and tires on it and you've got a pretty badass ride.
    What do you mean all the information? The pictures clearly show what I wrote is accurate. Nothing is skewed the car is exactly as stated. It isn't setup for performance. It looks confused.

Yes, the airbags should be taken out. So now you're saying the airbags should be ditched and making a very quick turn. Haha, get it? Because you would need a better suspension setup if you actually intend to turn and not just sit in parking lots.

It isn't a badass ride. It's a joke.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I agree that for a sema car its not bad. I bet there are alot of garbage modded cars there.
    You have no idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Look at this winner I ran into:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

^^wtf is with that exhaust....who thought of that and said "yeah, what a great idea. LETS DO IT!!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Only a pagani can pull of an exhaust like that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

^^wtf is with that exhaust....who thought of that and said "yeah, what a great idea. LETS DO IT!!"
    I took a pic of it because it was so mind-boggingly terrible

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Look at this winner I ran into:

Click here to enlarge
    Now that is bad...no need to even see the front of the car...that exhaust only works when it's in the middle of a large bumper which will only work on a rear motor car...not hat it matters as the rear bumper and diffuser i so god awful and makes no sense...I guess the guy wanted that stupid wing and figured..."well if I do the wing....then the rest of it can't look clean"

Designer of above car: Click here to enlarge "yeah man this thing is going to be awesome!"

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I actually found that it is not an M3. Friend of mine saw it at the show and said its a 335 under the hood. Lots of money to convert to an M3, but hey I give him props for the outcome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn and by the way...what a bunch of haters on here. Cant seem to be happy with anyones car these days. 'Its too show or too riced out' and then 'oh its too becauseracecar"

Cant we all just get along?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    I actually found that it is not an M3. Friend of mine saw it at the show and said its a 335 under the hood. Lots of money to convert to an M3, but hey I give him props for the outcome.
    It says in the OP it's a 335xi...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Itsbrokeagain Click here to enlarge
    Damn and by the way...what a bunch of haters on here. Cant seem to be happy with anyones car these days. 'Its too show or too riced out' and then 'oh its too becauseracecar"

Cant we all just get along?
    What's there to hate?

Matt, this is rice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

So much hate in here...smh. It's just a car lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

They're all just cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/12/...out-of-the-box

Looks like this car is show and go. Vargas Stage 2+. Vroom vroom.

Bag Riders 2009 BMW E92 335ix
    Engine:
    BMW N54 3.0L inline-six, Vargas Turbo Technologies Stage 2 Hybrid TD04L turbochargers, aFe Magnum Force Stage-2 intake system, Burger Motorsports JB PNP piggy-back ECU, House Motorsport turbo-back stainless steel exhaust system, Magnaflow catalytic convertors

Driveline:
    BMW xDrive all-wheel drive

Suspension/Brakes
    Custom prototype Air Lift Performance air ride kit: 2x Vlair 480c compressors, Air Lift Autopilot V2 Management pack, 1/4-inch air lines, Forge Motorsport six-pot calipers/380mm rotor kit (front)

Wheels
    Rotiform TMB forged wheels, 19◊12.5-inch (front), 19◊13.5-inch (rear)

Exterior
    E92 M3 front and rear conversion, Liberty Walk FRP over fender kit, Liberty Walk carbon fiber trunk lid spoiler, Challenge M3 rear diffuser. 3M wrap in Matte Red Metallic, 3M Matte Black wrapped grille and exterior trim

Interior
    House Motorsport half-cage, Stštus Racing Ring GTX seats, Stštus Racing five-point harnesses, Turner Motorsport steering wheel, Jaffster Tall Delrim shift knob, rear seat delete, Audi Nimbus Grey detailing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It's not built for performance come on now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The engine is part of the show, but it's build was not intended for performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nemesis07r Click here to enlarge
    The engine is part of the show, but it's build was not intended for performance
    Precisely.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I should stop trying to figure out the attraction to wheels that are way too wide for the rubber. Seems like the tire lip's just waiting to come unseated. So not only is it a potential safety issue, but it also makes it look like you blew your budget on rims and couldn't afford proper tires... sort of a lose-lose situation. Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast