Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    Ok assuming we are WOT in 4th around 6600 RPM with a ST or VTT:

Dedicated LPFP fails, what happens?

One injector stops injecting/gets clogged etc. what happens?

All Injectors stop injecting because of lack of power or power is intermittent, what happens?
    Dedicated low pressure pump fails. Pressure will drop before it goes to 0. So a threshold is programmed. say 50psi. When pressure drops below 50psi JB4 closes throttle and cuts boost.

One injector clogs. Big problems. Not sure how to protect against this. This is trouble even if one high pressure injector partially fails.

All injectors stop due to some electrical issue, AFR starts to lean out, failsafe triggered.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    You mentioned some failures on the injectors, I thought that was only for the initial release of the car and those issues have since been resolved? Has anyone actually tested the capacity of the OEM Bosch injectors or the euro Piezo's? As Tony stated, he's already been able to get some good numbers from what he's done, and I'll be honest I've seen a lot of discussion on possible fixes, but no testing on what the weakest point is, besides knowing OE HPFP's fail and LPFP needs at least an in-line to keep up. Just curious on what testing anyone has done on the OEM system. I'll be honest though, I really don't see this motor having much capability beyond 800+ whp, I've been doing more and more research and I'm not convinced any fueling system to support that kind of power is even going to be worth it...the deck on this motor just looks really weak...and the fact the motor already runs hotter than most isn't going to help keep cylinders from warping
    I'm hoping you're incorrect there!! haha

the deck looks stronger than most other open decks i've seen, thicker cylinder walls

add some reinforcement to the top and fingers crossed :/

it's already seen 650ft-lb without breaking, which is 866hp @ 7000rpm.. assuming that torque level could be held there.

and stock injectors are equivalent to something like 1600cc/min, or 2000cc/min, was worked out in another thread a while ago from manufacturer specs. they're solid.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    I'm hoping you're incorrect there!! haha

the deck looks stronger than most other open decks i've seen, thicker cylinder walls

add some reinforcement to the top and fingers crossed :/

it's already seen 650ft-lb without breaking, which is 866hp @ 7000rpm.. assuming that torque level could be held there.

and stock injectors are equivalent to something like 1600cc/min, or 2000cc/min, was worked out in another thread a while ago from manufacturer specs. they're solid.
    I was looking at the cylinder walls and they do look pretty sturdy despite having no support arround them, but couldn't find an actual measurement to be able to compare to say the is it USDM or JDM boxer motor? One is open and is known to fail and other is closed...I hope you're right and the cylinder walls are thick enough to hold say 1000hp?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In the midrange a stock pump is fine...obviously it's the top end it struggles, that's what I don't get is why the Vargas struggles in the midrange
    Throw stage 2 turbos on and try and run 100% e85 and I garuntee you a stock hpfp will drop pressure midrange, a Vargas upgraded pump will too it may just not be as bad. Terry was only able to run e60 I believe on his rb's before having to add meth to keep the stock hpfp from crashing. So there's no downside to the Vargas pump compared to the stock one, just neither can keep up with lots of midrange torque.

Stock turbos, sure you can get away with %100 e85 with an inline booster lpfp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    Throw stage 2 turbos on and try and run 100% e85 and I garuntee you a stock hpfp will drop pressure midrange, a Vargas upgraded pump will too it may just not be as bad. Terry was only able to run e60 I believe on his rb's before having to add meth to keep the stock hpfp from crashing. So there's no downside to the Vargas pump compared to the stock one, just neither can keep up with lots of midrange torque.

Stock turbos, sure you can get away with %100 e85 with an inline booster lpfp.
    Ok, my fault, it was my understanding the Vargas HPFP showed a drop in the midrange where the OE did not but quickly recovered. I don't plan on running 100% e85, I already have a dual nozzle BMS meth kit and plan on running that and 50% e85 mix with 93 on track day, and just 93 normally. I use 100% meth, no water mix, high quality meth from a local race car shop that uses it for fuel. @Terry@BMS maybe I forgot this, but can you set meth to flow on map 5? Just thought of this the other day and thought it would be nice.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just don't think there are enough people with a real need to get this taken care of (yet, once larger twins are more common...). Once there are you have options of upgrading the unit, turning up drive speed with a different sproket, another pump in parallel, or an adapter to a better pump. The last option seems the easiest to me for the prixece and volumes were at. Throwing a second HPFP in line is retarded. Its a positive displacement pump that is maxed on incompressible flow, you don't want to do that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rudypoochris Click here to enlarge
    I just don't think there are enough people with a real need to get this taken care of (yet, once larger twins are more common...). Once there are you have options of upgrading the unit, turning up drive speed with a different sproket, another pump in parallel, or an adapter to a better pump. The last option seems the easiest to me for the prixece and volumes were at. Throwing a second HPFP in line is retarded. Its a positive displacement pump that is maxed on incompressible flow, you don't want to do that.
    Well that's exactly where I was going at with asking about the Vargas upgrade compared to OEM, it seems that a simple sproket change would solve the issue and BAM there's one option! No? @VargasTurboTech i'm sure has tried something like this

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    its been 24 hours.. did you expect a final solution in that time?
    Course not. We DEMAND ONE RAWR!
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its been 24 hours.. did you expect a final solution in that time?
    Well, if you looked in the past there has been several threads about this topic with no solution. But Good Game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was looking at the cylinder walls and they do look pretty sturdy despite having no support arround them, but couldn't find an actual measurement to be able to compare to say the is it USDM or JDM boxer motor? One is open and is known to fail and other is closed...I hope you're right and the cylinder walls are thick enough to hold say 1000hp?
    yeah i think it's one of the 2.5 boxers that's made of glass?

if there's cylinder wall measurements available of them, i could grab N54 ones?

and it's possible to add support

no way of knowing how much it can hold without trying Click here to enlarge
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah i think it's one of the 2.5 boxers that's made of glass?

if there's cylinder wall measurements available of them, i could grab N54 ones?

and it's possible to add support

no way of knowing how much it can hold without trying Click here to enlarge
    roger that

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    Well, if you looked in the past there has been several threads about this topic with no solution. But Good Game.
    well.. if thats the tone..

1. re-read thread title "Fuel System IDEA" Nowhere does it even remotely hint at a current fix.
    2. re-read the post - its asking if instead of the other 24 hour old work in progress, if a different approach would work/why it wont work

so, it was a good game, maybe next time you can show up on time and ready to play Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    well.. if thats the tone..

1. re-read thread title "Fuel System IDEA" Nowhere does it even remotely hint at a current fix.
    2. re-read the post - its asking if instead of the other 24 hour old work in progress, if a different approach would work/why it wont work

so, it was a good game, maybe next time you can show up on time and ready to play Click here to enlarge
    le sigh, you're just mad because you're slow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is there anyway to use an electric motor to drive a large capacity HPFP? Or would the amperage draw be too significant....

Just a thought.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aflatau Click here to enlarge
    le sigh, you're just mad because you're slow.
    says the guy with an N54? lol..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What about decreasing the pulley size to over spin the pump?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Come on down to Florida, we'll see how fast that M3 is! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol - not to far from me. Bring your little m3 on out Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge

lol, yeah they're supposedly a vendor on here, they started a thread with some claims, no data to back it up, and after I don't even know how long still as far as we know have never actually supplied a single upgrade to an N54

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, yeah they're supposedly a vendor on here, they started a thread with some claims, no data to back it up, and after I don't even know how long still as far as we know have never actually supplied a single upgrade to an N54
    Oh damn. Well never mind then...

I was curious because they are local to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jewber Click here to enlarge
    What about decreasing the pulley size to over spin the pump?
    i think this was tested, as yeah its pretty obvious

not sure what issues came up though

spinning too fast? i don't think it can spin that high, say it's 1:1 for arguments sake... make it too much under-driven, and at 7000RPM redline, it's already spinning WAY too fast... then it's simply impossible to ever see high RPM's safely fuelling side alone.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've sent an email or two to them after they went dead on here... they've scrapped 'stage 1' and were working on 'stage 2'

AKA 'lol we dun goofed, it's too hard'

and they've had major dramas on other platforms, as can be seen on their threads here

was promising still....
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've sent an email or two to them after they went dead on here... they've scrapped 'stage 1' and were working on 'stage 2'

AKA 'lol we dun goofed, it's too hard'

and they've had major dramas on other platforms, as can be seen on their threads here

was promising still....
    So they bit of more than they can chew eh? bummer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So they bit of more than they can chew eh? bummer.
    maybe, yeah... i mean, they've made good money on MS3 and VAG platforms, and there's obviously good money here... tens of people MINIMUM who would buy their product straight up on release given proof of effective work and solving the problems present, and at those insane prices listed, there would be a LOT of profit in there for them... if they could get a product out, they'd make bank.

The only reason Tony's HPFP upgrade hasn't flown out the door is it's not good for the stock housing twins with their bulk mid range torque, and still needs meth, so it's not so much worth the effort Click here to enlarge
    boop

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast