Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Coast to Coast in 28 Hours 50 Minutes, new record

With A Mercedes CL55AMG and an average speed of 100 mph the previous record of 31 hours and 4 minutes was broken.
    Read all about it here

Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

And he's not going to get in deep $#@! for this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Right? It states he was going average 100 LOL
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm sure he's already been contacted lol. Sucks the M5's record got broken. Pretty impressive, but the guy looks like a complete tool.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

What he looks like is irrelevant but I mean he just incriminated himself and documenting it all all he did was provide the evidence.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

What he looks like is irrelevant but I mean he just incriminated himself and documenting it all all he did was provide the evidence.
    I agree but if he didn't document it he wouldn't hold the record. Which sounds like it will be hard to beat. Average speed of 100mph is just crazy and no run ins with the law is huge. 1 stop could ruin the whole trip.
    E92 Bren Tune / E90 PTF Tune / E91 Stockish and slow AF

Got Boost?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I agree but if he didn't document it he wouldn't hold the record. Which sounds like it will be hard to beat. Average speed of 100mph is just crazy and no run ins with the law is huge. 1 stop could ruin the whole trip.
    It's certainly impressive just not sure if it is worth the trouble.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

SR-71 Blackbird did it in 1hr 4 minutes. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

That's awesome. I read Alex Roy's book about setting the record in the M5 a couple years ago. I'd love to take a stab at it before I die. It's a shame a lot of these cannon ball runs where people did awesome stuff like this are so commercialized now.
    @All Motor
    Last edited by BoostAddict; 10-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    SR-71 Blackbird did it in 1hr 4 minutes. Click here to enlarge
    Space shuttle did it in under 25 minutes. No chance getting in one of those eather. A CL55AMG on the other hand...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Space shuttle did it in under 25 minutes.
    How badass is that?

No chance getting in one of those eather.
    Of course not. Idiot in office retired the program.

A CL55AMG on the other hand....
    That wouldn't be my first choice...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Richard Rawlings who did it in a Ferrari 550 modified with extra fuel cells always said Alex Roy didn't follow the correct route.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

statute of limitations SHOULD keep him from getting into too much trouble. Apparently this was done last year and they waited to announce this until now. Honestly if some random sheriff somewhere decides to go after him, I guess they can, but would it be worth the trouble over speeding? (extremely excessive speeding yes, but speeding none the less).

This is AWESOME IMO. Very cool that they beat the record by that much.
    2007 Jet Black E90 335xi "The Mistress" / PTF-Cobb / E50 / FuelitS2 / 5" Stepped FMIC / Synapse BOV and Charge Pipe / Alpina Flash / Muffler Delete w/ 4in Black Tips / DCI / 19x8.5 Satin Black Squared Enkei Raijins / 245/35/r19 Bridgestone Potenza S04 Pole Position / 20mm Rear Spacers / 2 10" Rockford Fosgate's Added to Logic7 (15 total speakers!)
    [IMG]Click here to enlarge[/IMG]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Richard Rawlings who did it in a Ferrari 550 modified with extra fuel cells always said Alex Roy didn't follow the correct route.
    CHEATER!! lol jk

Thats cool, 100mph isn't really THAT impressive. I know someone that did Washington at 140 from Seattle to Pullman. (UW to WSU) in a 335!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW Click here to enlarge
    statute of limitations SHOULD keep him from getting into too much trouble. Apparently this was done last year and they waited to announce this until now. Honestly if some random sheriff somewhere decides to go after him, I guess they can, but would it be worth the trouble over speeding? (extremely excessive speeding yes, but speeding none the less).

This is AWESOME IMO. Very cool that they beat the record by that much.
    I thought it would be longer than a year but if he waited then that is smart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Thats cool, 100mph isn't really THAT impressive. I know someone that did Washington at 140 from Seattle to Pullman. (UW to WSU) in a 335!
    You have to remember that is an average speed, including stops for lights, traffic, etc. I used to drive to Orlando from Palm Beach frequently. It's mostly traffic free, but keeping your avg speed above 70mph is actually difficult to do. After reading the book I tried lol, just to get an idea for the pace. I spent a good amount of time above 130mph, and still ended up averaging 50mph by the time I parked in Orlando.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Justin@BoostAddictions Click here to enlarge
    You have to remember that is an average speed, including stops for lights, traffic, etc. I used to drive to Orlando from Palm Beach frequently. It's mostly traffic free, but keeping your avg speed above 70mph is actually difficult to do. After reading the book I tried lol, just to get an idea for the pace. I spent a good amount of time above 130mph, and still ended up averaging 50mph by the time I parked in Orlando.
    True, but from the quick read it looks like they only stopped 3 times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Correct route? If you start on one coast and end up on the other coast who cares what route you took? That argument sounds stupid to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliBenz Click here to enlarge
    Correct route? If you start on one coast and end up on the other coast who cares what route you took? That argument sounds stupid to me.
    First thing you have posted that I agree with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I thought it would be longer than a year but if he waited then that is smart.
    I am curious though how that would work. I would imagine you would have to prove the driver (could be anyone) at a certain point in a certain county/city/whatever at a certain time was exceeding the posted limit. I am sure they are fully aware this guy was speeding on every road he touched, but proving it without any witness (cop) would be pretty difficult - and for a citation vs. criminal offense, might be hardly worth the time.

Reckless driving on the other hand - a misdemeanor, would be something that could go after - but again, I would think they need some sort of proof of a certain speed on a certain road by a certain person at a certain time. I am curious now - any lawyers up in here? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Well they are attempting to repeat the "Cannonball Run". A bit of history to it. There is a specific starting and finishing point, also a certain route that was taken.

Otherwise they didn't do the "Cannonball Run".

Although Alex Roy claims to have taken the original route and Rawlings/Dennis are full of sh*t.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I am curious though how that would work. I would imagine you would have to prove the driver (could be anyone) at a certain point in a certain county/city/whatever at a certain time was exceeding the posted limit. I am sure they are fully aware this guy was speeding on every road he touched, but proving it without any witness (cop) would be pretty difficult - and for a citation vs. criminal offense, might be hardly worth the time.
    Exactly it is obvious they broke the speed limit quite often, if not the entire route. But at times maybe they didn't speed and where did they speed or didn't speed. There is really no proof in what state, in what county, on what road they exceeded they speed limit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

thats an interesting group right there...

did those 2 guys go with him on this trip ? you couldnt pay me enough to get in a car with that Sherman from American pie lookin dude going 150 mph
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    How badass is that?
    It is awesome but we were talking about a landspeed record here.

Of course not. Idiot in office retired the program.
    Thai is politics which I won't discuss. In the end it is a cause and effect sort of thing
    That wouldn't be my first choice...
    But that is what they did this in. They removed the 83 liter gas tank and half the rear seat, and bolted a 254 liter tank in instead, which enabled to drive for 1300 km in one stint.
    You're gonna need a car that is reasonably good with fuel on high speeds to pull this off. And has the space to have that big a fuel tank aboard.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Sounds perfectly right if you ask me. The whole point is to take the fastest route. If you take the scenic route and travel backroads then you aren't taking the fastest route - even if you end up at the same place.
    This is quite an accomplishment if you ask me. I would have chosen an S63 or 65 though. They had to have wasted a lot of time during those stops just trying to get in an out of the vehicle, driver changes etc...Regardless, huge props to those guy for setting the bar even higher.