Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Check out my log please

http://www.datazap.me/u/wescuddles/o...4-6-9-11-13-14

Look good? Mods are jb4 g5 ISO, fbo, full straight exhaust, cp & bov, 25% e85 75% 93.

Got a cel this morning I'll have to check out after work otherwise it seems to be running good.

TIA
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Timing is getting pulled. Might want to increase E%.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Timing is getting pulled. Might want to increase E%.
    Tried to rep you but apparently I need to spread the love around more lol. Thanks for the info. Sorry for being a noob but would there be any other reason timing is being pulled? Or is it simply just a lack of fuel? Only reason I ask is because my access to e85 is very limited. I only have 15gal in cans at home otherwise it's a 3 hour trip each way for more. FYI I'm on map 5.

thanks
    BSM 2008 135i N54
    -VRSF 7" IC -VRSF DP's -n55 mids -BERK race -ER CP -TIAL BOV -BMS DCI -JB4 G5 ISO -ST coils -STOPTECH slotted rotors & pads -SLeK lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wescuddles Click here to enlarge
    http://www.datazap.me/u/wescuddles/o...4-6-9-11-13-14

Look good? Mods are jb4 g5 ISO, fbo, full straight exhaust, cp & bov, 25% e85 75% 93.

Got a cel this morning I'll have to check out after work otherwise it seems to be running good.

TIA
    When you post a log, try to edit the CSV file before putting it into datazap. You have a CSV file that has almost 4000 rows. Try to just get the rows which correspond to WOT. All the driving in between just clutters up the plot.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    When you post a log, try to edit the CSV file before putting it into datazap. You have a CSV file that has almost 4000 rows. Try to just get the rows which correspond to WOT. All the driving in between just clutters up the plot.
    Roger that. It's my first log so it's all a learning process for me, thanks for the patience. I had the WOT only option clicked on the jb4 interface but I guess that didn't work or maybe I didn't actually have it selected? Or is there further editing to do when it is selected?
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tried to rep you but apparently I need to spread the love around more lol. Thanks for the info. Sorry for being a noob but would there be any other reason timing is being pulled? Or is it simply just a lack of fuel? Only reason I ask is because my access to e85 is very limited. I only have 15gal in cans at home otherwise it's a 3 hour trip each way for more. FYI I'm on map 5.

thanks
    Timing corrections could be hardware or octane related. If your plugs have over 25k, i would start by replacing them as general maintenance and relog. Fuel injectors, carbon buildup, cam ledge wear, vanos solenoids, ignition coils, maxed fuel trims and a plethora of other hardware problems can also cause timing corrections to occur.

You can also check the consistency of the timing corrections. Do a low rpm 3rd gear pull and shift/let the car shift into 4th gear for a little bit to see how things look. If you are seeing consistent timing pulls/corrections across multiple logs you will want to either reduce the aggressiveness of the tune or increase your octane with a higher quality fuel, or fuel additive. Map 5 is auto tuning, so i assume some degree of logic will automatically reduce boost targets since the JB4 cannot change targeted timing (it can offset it, but not change it - a whole other convo).

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Timing corrections could be hardware or octane related. If your plugs have over 25k, i would start by replacing them as general maintenance and relog. Fuel injectors, carbon buildup, cam ledge wear, vanos solenoids, ignition coils, maxed fuel trims and a plethora of other hardware problems can also cause timing corrections to occur.

You can also check the consistency of the timing corrections. Do a low rpm 3rd gear pull and shift/let the car shift into 4th gear for a little bit to see how things look. If you are seeing consistent timing pulls/corrections across multiple logs you will want to either reduce the aggressiveness of the tune or increase your octane with a higher quality fuel, or fuel additive. Map 5 is auto tuning, so i assume some degree of logic will automatically reduce boost targets since the JB4 cannot change targeted timing (it can offset it, but not change it - a whole other convo).
    Still cant rep you but that was exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks man! I have had a missfire for a little while and suspect it's coils as my plugs are only about 15k old. Likely what my cel is as I just turned off auto clear this morning so I could get a code. I'll read it tonight and if it is a missfire I'll change out the coil and log again. My tank is nearly empty should I run 25% e85 again? Or up the e% as well?
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Roger that. It's my first log so it's all a learning process for me, thanks for the patience. I had the WOT only option clicked on the jb4 interface but I guess that didn't work or maybe I didn't actually have it selected? Or is there further editing to do when it is selected?
    Not sure exactly on the JB4 options, but if you just open the CSV file, look for the rows which have the pedal position at 100% (WOT) and copy those to a separate CSV file to put into datazap.

Like this:

http://www.datazap.me/u/ajm8127/wesc...ied-log-102913

Now it is immediately obvious that your fuel trims are hitting their max at a couple points, your LPFP is a bit noisy but holding steady, and your HPFP is rock solid. I see one timing correction at 4382 rpm of 11 -> 7 degrees. Not horrible, but the fuel trims are a bit worrysome.

This log was generated from lines 760 to 840 of the orginal log. I always try to include a bit of data before and after WOT.

There is a second WOT event about two thirds of the way through your original log. Try to pull that WOT data out and post it up to Datazap.

BTW, Datazap is amazing @jpsimon
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure exactly on the JB4 options, but if you just open the CSV file, look for the rows which have the pedal position at 100% (WOT) and copy those to a separate CSV file to put into datazap.

Like this:

Now it is immediately obvious that your fuel trims are hitting their max at a couple points, your LPFP is a bit noisy but holding steady, and your HPFP is rock solid. I see one timing correction at 4382 rpm of 11 -> 7 degrees. Not horrible, but the fuel trims are a bit worrysome.

This log was generated from lines 760 to 840 of the orginal log. I always try to include a bit of data before and after WOT.

There is a second WOT event about two thirds of the way through your original log. Try to pull that WOT data out and post it up to Datazap.

Perfect thanks again for the guidance. I will pull that second WOT run later today when I get home from work and post it up on datazap. Props to @jpsimon too I forgot who made the program just had it bookmarked from awhile back Click here to enlarge
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    + to change those plugs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i know it's OT and i apologize for that but...am i the only one who read the title and thought "maybe i shouldn't open this at work..."?

hahaha anyway good luck getting your timing sorted, OP!
    COME AT ME BRO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mekong84 Click here to enlarge
    m i the only one who read the title and thought "maybe i shouldn't open this at work..."?
    Yes.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Props to @jpsimon too I forgot who made the program just had it bookmarked from awhile back Click here to enlarge
    thanks!!
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    + to change those plugs.
    Even at only 15k?
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mekong84 Click here to enlarge
    i know it's OT and i apologize for that but...am i the only one who read the title and thought "maybe i shouldn't open this at work..."?

hahaha anyway good luck getting your timing sorted, OP!
    Not sure what dirty stuff is going through your mind but thanks lol
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Since only 1 cylinder is monitored u should try to have 0 corrections on it. If 1 pulls probably so do almost all cylinders.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    checked codes tonight and only had the no cat codes. haven't been able to replicate the misfire. changed up fuel to shell 91 as I've heard people have been having issues with chevron. will mix in 30% e85 and try to log tomorrow. it's raining right now and I keep lighting every gear trying to get into it...
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Like this:

how's this look?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how's this look?
    You got the right idea. You could take a few more rows out especially after the pull, but it's not completely necessary. It's worlds better than the first plot. I would try to include a hyperlink to the plot on Datazap though instead of a picture of the plot. That way people can turn on and off different traces and adjust scaling. Also one of the things I really like about Datazap is when you mouse-over the graph, it pops up a window telling you exactly what the value of each enabled trace is for that sample. But this feature only works when viewing the plot on the Datazap site, a picture of the plot does not give you this option.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You got the right idea. You could take a few more rows out especially after the pull, but it's not completely necessary. It's worlds better than the first plot. I would try to include a hyperlink to the plot on Datazap though instead of a picture of the plot. That way people can turn on and off different traces and adjust scaling. Also one of the things I really like about Datazap is when you mouse-over the graph, it pops up a window telling you exactly what the value of each enabled trace is for that sample. But this feature only works when viewing the plot on the Datazap site, a picture of the plot does not give you this option.
    Awesome thanks for the input. For the future, how exactly do I provide a hyperlink or save a new view that I create within datazap? All I did for this was highlight the second pull and click add view then I just saved the png when prompted. Would I need to upload the csv each time I want to use a section of it ie; upload it twice to show the 2 pulls?
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome thanks for the input. For the future, how exactly do I provide a hyperlink or save a new view that I create within datazap? All I did for this was highlight the second pull and click add view then I just saved the png when prompted. Would I need to upload the csv each time I want to use a section of it ie; upload it twice to show the 2 pulls?
    Wow. I didn't even realize you could select a portion of the plot and Datazap would zoom in on it. I am so used to Excel being clumsy I don't even think of intuitive features like this existing. I guess this completely negates the need to manually edit the CSV files and upload multiple CSV files for each WOT capture. Which is awesome because no one wants to manually edit CSV files.

In that case, completely disregard everything I have said in this thread. Just upload your CSV file to Datazap and copy the link from the address bar and paste it into your post, like you did in the first post.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow. I didn't even realize you could select a portion of the plot and Datazap would zoom in on it. I am so used to Excel being clumsy I don't even think of intuitive features like this existing. I guess this completely negates the need to manually edit the CSV files and upload multiple CSV files for each WOT capture. Which is awesome because no one wants to manually edit CSV files.

In that case, completely disregard everything I have said in this thread. Just upload your CSV file to Datazap and copy the link from the address bar and paste it into your post, like you did in the first post.
    Well I'm glad we found a solution! Next time around ill post a png for each pull as well as the full datazap log for anyone that wants to look closer. I've changed up my fuel from chev to shell and will add more e85 and log again. If it's wet and the tires spin how much will that skew the log? I'm guessing a smooth pull is required.
    BSM 2008 135i N54

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When you sign up on the site i take you to a page with an explanation of the features including how to zoom in Click here to enlarge

335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    When you sign up on the site i take you to a page with an explanation of the features including how to zoom in Click here to enlarge
    Hmmmm, I don't recall that. Probably because I'm not the type to read instructions, especially with computers. Click here to enlarge

I'll check it out to see if there are any other features I don't know about.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I keep waiting to read about that multiple log file upload feature, wink, WINK! @jpsimon.

Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast