Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    What else do you know? Who makes the TCU? Pics of the TCU?
    I'm guessing it's Getrag. Just search for them.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm guessing it's Getrag. Just search for them.
    Not sure about that. For instance ZF doesn't make the TCU in the 6HP21, Bosch does.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    Not sure about that. For instance ZF doesn't make the TCU in the 6HP21, Bosch does.
    Well I don't know.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any updates brotha?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you removed the torque converter yet? I'm struggling to see how to remove it without a special tool
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This forum never fails to provide entertaining threads.
    2010 E90 335i xDrive
    JB4 G5 ISO | BMS DCI | BMS OCC | Alpina Flash | LED Angel Eyes | Matte Black Kidney Grills | growing list....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idnan Click here to enlarge
    Have you removed the torque converter yet? I'm struggling to see how to remove it without a special tool
    tq converter comes out like any other, just remove bolts on flex plate, remove trans, pull tq verter out of bell housing.. done! lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    tq converter comes out like any other, just remove bolts on flex plate, remove trans, pull tq verter out of bell housing.. done! lol
    Thanks sammy. The tranny has already been removed on my new engine and the TQ converter was left on the flex plate. I haven't looked under the engine but I'm guessing there is a hole in the sump to allow access to remove these bolts?
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't get a TCU in bimmerboost's hands for the right party to look at? There's gotta be some blown trannies out there, just unbolt the TCU and send it in for the good of all or ask a few bucks for it and I'm sure we could get the cash together.

Also, some cars (Benz) have the old "send it in, we flash it and send it back to you" approach for TCU/mechatronic reprogramming. What exactly does this mean- that the tuners haven't discovered how to crack the OBD-port handshake crypto but they did manage to adjust a firmware file and get it to run in the tcu?

There are CAN bus transmission testing equipment that can supposedly put the transmission TCU through its paces while out of the car so there's got to be a way to get this running on a test bench.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    Can't get a TCU in bimmerboost's hands for the right party to look at? There's gotta be some blown trannies out there, just unbolt the TCU and send it in for the good of all or ask a few bucks for it and I'm sure we could get the cash together.

Also, some cars (Benz) have the old "send it in, we flash it and send it back to you" approach for TCU/mechatronic reprogramming. What exactly does this mean- that the tuners haven't discovered how to crack the OBD-port handshake crypto but they did manage to adjust a firmware file and get it to run in the tcu?

There are CAN bus transmission testing equipment that can supposedly put the transmission TCU through its paces while out of the car so there's got to be a way to get this running on a test bench.
    Usually when you have to send it somewhere to have the flashing done, the person/company doing the work has invested considerable money into the tools needed to perform the job (software and/or hardware) and this is not something the average person can be expected to purchase. They may also do this to protect their IP. Companies/people offering these types of services might not want to let everyone know how they do it.

Of course the TCU can be tested out of the car. It can also be reprogrammed. The problem is aquiring the proprietary intellectual property to allow you to do such things.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If anyone wants my transmission to play with let me know ill send it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Linracing Click here to enlarge
    If anyone wants my transmission to play with let me know ill send it.
    You should keep it and send it to get built.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idnan Click here to enlarge
    Thanks sammy. The tranny has already been removed on my new engine and the TQ converter was left on the flex plate. I haven't looked under the engine but I'm guessing there is a hole in the sump to allow access to remove these bolts?
    yes there is an access hole passenger side of the engine lower part of the engine take bolts out and rotate motor i believe they are 6 hex nuts. 13mm right of the top of my head not sure lol
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm interested to see the technical docs on the "GS40" "TCU". I've seen references as the "Electrical unit". Its just very vague. I can't dig anything up on the GS40 either. ncat mentioned it. I'd like to see diagrams and I'd like to see a dump of the TCU flash and what type of storage it has.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234